New Online Game Format Coming Soon

vetts

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
and yes, i agree that the rules should be kept very strictly as these are online matches and we really need to stamp out unfair play. One thing i am concerned about is when some player have bowlers bowling more than 4 overs (which only occures when saving and quitting) and nothing is done.

vetts

Club Cricketer
(sorry for replying so many times, but i keep having more thoughts about this comp!)

I remember reading somewhere about a test that was played with edited fields to make scoring harder. Maybe we should think about this, because at the moment the game is very batting orientated and some players seem to never lose wickets. Maybe better field settings could change this a bit.

R

Rangeela

hi vetts,

as far as the strictness concerns about bowling issue where sometimes bowler balls more than 4 overs in a 20 over match it is certainly because for restarting a match. I will definately work on the and we will have strict rules about that and I promise you that you will not see the same mistake in the next tournament. I really apologize if you felt uncomfortable due to this issue.

As far as the new fiedl editor patch by sonic .. I am trying this out right now and hopefully we will bring into play in next tournament

thx
Rangeela

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Originally posted by sonic@May 23 2003, 11:23 AM
we could in fact name the top division "the Super Six" i suppose :up: and the lower league the "premier/elite league" or something perhaps :unsure: mayve even "the dirty half dozen" :D
Not something funny. How about the top division we could call Premier International league and the lower one International conference.But anyway it's you guy's idea so I'm giving tips,nothing else.

Auwais

S

sonic

Rangeela, Vetts I have thought up the best points scoring system. Vetts argued that by having "batting points" for runs scored would be unfair as players in a dry or hard wicket would have a cinsiderable advantage. but if we also include "bowling points" for the fielding team then that should weigh things up nicely. If you think about it, on a dry or hard pitch teams should score more and lose less wickets and the opposite for damp or wet pitches which means this would make bonus points much fairer. I do like the idea of having bonus points for the innings lead also, but we should include all 3 formats of bonus points which would be an extremely detaield and fair reflection of a match. The scoring system I am proposing in this:

POINTS FOR WIN = 12
POINTS FOR "TIE" = 6 EACH
POINTS FOR DRAW = There are no draws (team with most runs in match wins)

BONUS POINTS:

4 Points awarded to the team with the first inings lead (if level then 2 points each)

Batting Points:

200 - 249 = 1 point
250 - 299 = 2 points
300 - 349 = 3 points
350 + = 4 points

Bowling Points:

3 or 4 wickets lost = 1 point
5 or 6 wickets lost = 2 points
7 or 8 wickets lost = 3 points
9 or 10 wickets lost = 4 points

I think this is much better. I think the boundaries for achieving the bonus points are very fair and it means teams who play well are rewarded, it would seem silly not to reward teams for scoring good scores and taking wickets and then losing a match, so this offers a fair reflection of a match, please consider this scoring system Rangeela :up:

Thanks
sonic

vetts

Club Cricketer
It's certainly an elaborate scoring system, but let's give it a go. We don't really need to finalise any rules untill after the practice/ranking knockout. I am looking forward to getting some matches going! Sounds like great fun!

R

radaga

this all sounds cool but its a bit confusing, id have to see it in action to understand properly

Kar_ind

Club Cricketer
:huh: I amazed to see a lot of deliberations going on here. What I desired is to simulate the real MAX cricket, but never mind in altering some rules so that it conforms to our online play. I must show appreciation to sonic, rangeela and all other contributors who developed this revolutionary new format. No doubt that this was going to be accepted by all our members as it embraces both the features from ODI and Test. :D

U

UnderTaker

WOW! WOW! WOW! did i miss this topic!!!

i got a pm from rangeela refering kar_ind's idea of MAX cricket... and replied to him about my ideas.. but i cant remember all what i wrote... but it was i think something about the overs..

i think the idea of having 20 overs per side is very good.. i was also talking about him of using sam2002's new patch(if released as dated) to alter the game and have the game as 25 - 30 overs per side.... would help to get a realistic (average) score of around 350-450...

also the league section is also very fine... sonic... the idea of having 6 teams in each league and having a promotion and demotion system is very good... i think 2 teams promoted and demoted...

and regarding the point system...
i'd say that sonic's idea is very good... but has a drawback...

what i 've experienced from this point system( used widely in english county) is that the teams which bat and bowl very well will get extra points and there lead in the points table will become very big.. its difficult for a team, which may be 4th or 5th in a league to recover and raise up to the league after their first 4 or 5 matches.. so it would be better to give points for just wins...

my idea is...

4 points for a win
2 points each for a tie

2 points for a first innings lead

4 points for innigs victory(never count the 1st inn lead point)

and thinking about the innings victory...

why can't we enforce follow on if the second team gets a score half/double of the first teams' score... rather than a 50 runs deficit... it would be more interesting.. i think...

thanx very much guys for this great idea.... especially for kar_ind, sonic and vetts....also rangeela and others...

:up:

S

sonic

undertaker i have made the scoring of points such that it is not necessarily difficult to get them, so i dont think it will cause much problem. the benefit of it is teams who play well and lose will get something out of the game. But i agree that it would become hard for teams to catch up points, so i will sit down and try to revise the scoring to ensure that there's less points for bonuses etc. thanks man

S

sonic

This scoring system is much better guys, my first idea would have made it hard for teams to overtake each other in the table as undertaker quite rightly pointed out. Bonus points are only awarded in the first innings of the match. I shall be proposing this to Rangeela:

POINTS FOR WIN = 6 POINTS
POINTS FOR "TIE" = 3 POINTS EACH

BONUS POINTS:

2 points to the team with the lead in the first innings (1 each if tied)

Batting Points:

300 - 349 runs = 1 point
350 + = 2 points

Bowling Points:

7 or 8 wickets taken = 1 point
9 or 10 wickets taken = 2 points

AN EXAMPLE:

Team 1 scores 330-7 in first innings
Team 2 scores 340-9 in first innings
Team 1 scores 350-8 in second innings
Team 2 scores 320-9 in second innings

TEAM 1 WINS BY 20 RUNS

Team 1 = 9 points (6 for win, 1 point for batting and 2 points for bowling)

Team 2 = 4 points (2 points for 1st innings lead, 1 point for batting and 1 point for bowling)

I think this is much better than before and means that in order to get bonus points it will take a really good performance, which is how it should be, and will ensure that the points difference between teams is kept realistic.

Thanks
sonic :ice:

vetts

Club Cricketer
Call me crazy, but i still like the 2 for 1st innings, 4 for outright (a total of 6 points per game). I just think it's perfect in it's simplicity. It has no bias, everyone can understand it, and is fair for all.

btw, why did you decide to only have bonus points for the first innings?? Seems uneven.

S

sonic

bacuase, a team batting in the seocnd innings may not be able to score as well. i.e a team may only have 100 runs to chase so wouldn't be able to get as many bonus points, so the fairest way is to make bonus points for the first innings only where the aim is simply for teams to socre as many runs as they can - this is not obviously the case in the second innings of the match for the team batting last! :rolleyes: :D

S

sonic

To be honest, i quite like the idea of having points for batting/bowling as it gives a fair idea of a match - using your system means teams can play well, but get nothing for it, thats what i dont like about it! Still, it'll be up to Rangeela to decide, i guess everyone has their own view of how things should be, which is good, otherwise we wouldn't have a forum :D :lol:

thanks
sonic

R

Rangeela

Originally posted by sonic@May 25 2003, 03:16 AM
Still, it'll be up to Rangeela to decide
Guys,

I have been checking this forum daily and really amazed with the ideas so far about the League tournament. Lately I have been busy creating a new online tournament which I am hoping to start right after sharjah cup and also creating a new website. Once I get these things going I will take each and every suggestion to consideration.

Please do keep the ideas coming and Thank you very much for commenting and sharing your ideas.

Thx
Rangeela

Users who are viewing this thread