New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest issue for me at present re the timing/difficulty is I've had to drop to medium to be even vaguely competitive but now I'm not edging it even though my timing is off. Hard the edges felt natural and organic but I couldn't get it off the square.

Biggest issue for me at present re the timing/difficulty is I've had to drop to medium to be even vaguely competitive but now I'm not edging it even though my timing is off. Hard the edges felt natural and organic but I couldn't get it off the square.
My timing has been best on hardest, the feedback on timing seems off to me, so I'm going to turn it off again as I had prior to the patch. I forgot how distracting it was. I think it could be a case of adjusting timing windows etc in the modifiers. Unfortunately, the pitch marker doesn't seem to be effected by the modifiers - would be good if someone from BA could confirm this and if not see that this option is added in future.

@tjhooker gave the best advice - footwork when you see the marker, shot when the balls pitches. I kind of feel like maybe there needs to be an evaluation of whether or not the markers are suitable for the new system or whether they need a rethink of how they work.

I haven't batted a huge amount because I keep losing wickets so I'm not prepared to go one way or the other with how I feel about it yet.

Having got used to the new timing window, I decided to try playing in Pro camera mode for both batting and running (not sure why, just felt like it).
It’s the most immersive experience I’ve ever had on any cricket game.
You should try it.

The only real issue I’ve had with it are the dizzying ballet-esque 360 degree spins that the batsman occasionally seem to feel obliged to execute.

Having got used to the new timing window, I decided to try playing in Pro camera mode for both batting and running (not sure why, just felt like it).
It’s the most immersive experience I’ve ever had on any cricket game.
You should try it.

The only real issue I’ve had with it are the dizzying ballet-esque 360 degree spins that the batsman occasionally seem to feel obliged to execute.

If big ant could add VR support to that..

Hi

I have a few questions about the state of the game post patch, if someone could please help me?

1. Do part time bowlers (ie I play as a opening batsmen who bowls off spin part time) still get absurd numbers of overs? (previously I could expect to bowl up to 30 overs in a long innings)

2. Is it still absurdly easy to take large hauls of wickets as a part timer even on legend difficulty? (I used to try and bowl not to take wickets but always ended up with bags of 5+ most games) Lots of bat/pad to close fields or stupid lofted shots.

3. Have they fixed the stat recording issues? missing hundreds and best bowling figures?

Is it me or is it still pretty easy to coverdrive on a Green Pitch with impunity, once you get used to the new Timing window. Had to reduce battings skills to the base of 50, to get a good test experience. Playing on Hardest, Legend
Spot on.

Hi

I have a few questions about the state of the game post patch, if someone could please help me?

1. Do part time bowlers (ie I play as a opening batsmen who bowls off spin part time) still get absurd numbers of overs? (previously I could expect to bowl up to 30 overs in a long innings)

2. Is it still absurdly easy to take large hauls of wickets as a part timer even on legend difficulty? (I used to try and bowl not to take wickets but always ended up with bags of 5+ most games) Lots of bat/pad to close fields or stupid lofted shots.

3. Have they fixed the stat recording issues? missing hundreds and best bowling figures?

Can't answer the first two questions, but they have not fixed the stat recording issues yet, which still remains the biggest problem with the game for me. MattW did say however that there was gonna be more updates about the stats within the coming days, so hopefully it will all get resolved.

Full pro cam was always the most realistic experience, but the early window made it difficult - the wider angle on pro cam effectively shrinks the bowler's end, and the very early part of the delivery is harder to follow.

From my little play time so far. Still feels that AI spin bowlers bowl to many 'wrongun's' Also witnessed the AI run out glitch/bug still (non striker runs but facing batsmen doesn't)

Just wondering Does the weather conditions play a bigger role now? i.e overcast = more swing?

Also what about the temperature ? is that more of a pitch degrading speed?

All in all tho patch has given this game a fresh breath of air.

Greatly enjoying the new batting timings with Pro Cam. For me, a much improved batting experience. I've always played DBC and Ashes using a two step batting motion: LS first then RS...because that was how I was taught to bat in real life ("raise, step and play" was my cricket teacher's mantra) and this forced me to premeditate in previous versions of the game because there was little time to do this. Now it feels much better getting your footwork committed first and then playing as the ball pitches. Admittedly, as in real life, I'm still not a great batsman but the experience feels a lot more engaging now and when I got my first post-patch fifty it felt well earned rather than just chancing my luck with premeditated shots. When I get out, now, it is more because I played the wrong shot or made the wrong decision rather than just failing to guess correctly what ball was coming.

Has anyone noticed the end of over pitch maps seem to be suggesting the ball pitching shorter than the button input used? Not sure if that is actually happening in game, or just a visual error on the graphic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread