New Q&A With Producer Jamie Firth

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
In the problems addressed, can we have the following added too, as I think these are the major ones and are discussed throughout:

1) Proper length
2) Punishment for online quitters

Wrong un

School Cricketer
excellent news for those still playing ! :)

No offense but is it just me or did the interview sounded a little theatrical ?? :p
like a radio advertisement or something !! :D

If anything is predictable around here then it's your reaction fella :p

Great news on the patch(es). I don't understand why it needed to be so 'cloak and dagger' though ? There may be some who have taken the game back etc... that may have kept it if they had confirmation of a patch.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
If anything is predictable around here then it's your reaction fella :p

absolutely ! because i work on TAOC and am really insecure now !
OMG !! A PATCH !!! :eek:

am so insecure,i've officially stopped working on TAOC from this moment ! :sarcasm

on a more serious note, it was a light-hearted comment with no ill-feelings !
if people cant get that, then i dont give a F !

Last edited:

Kaushal

School Cricketer
Here is what I think codies should fix:

I really hope they fix the difficulty level, because I get so bored at hard mode in both batting and bowling.

I am never able to bowl balls like yorkers or bowl good length deliveries or even bowl full and straight at the end overs because I will get smacked every time! I feel so restricted to bowling what the game says to be "good line and length" every single delivery.
So this must really be fixed.

Also the stats of some players are totally wrong! Why the hec* has Shoaib Akthar 90 in bowling stats??? And I can't even use some players who has been one of the best players this year. I end up using a test player in a t20 match!!!! This MUST be fixed.

The last thing that need improvement is the AI pacing problem in t20's. The AI is always leaving the ball or defending the wicket in the opening 15 overs with a run rate of 3. Then they suddenly go mental and slog the ball until they get all out at a total less than 100 runs!!!!

- Hope Codies are reading this.

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally some relief now that the patch has been confirmed. If the edges and pacing issue has really been fixed, then this game would surely be the best cricket game till date.

StormySteve

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nice to see the guys have listened and a patch is near, something that EA consistantly failed to do, a *BIG* thanks here and a real benchmark cricket gets better :clap

Steve S.

Bos_Hybrid

School Cricketer
Great news, am I correct to assume that the 'Run-rates have been tweaked' includes the spinner bashing?

DresdanPI

School Cricketer
I don't know if the lack of LBW's has been addressed but I hope so. Also I don't know if this may need a patch or not but couldn't the tournaments be longer as in before the QFinals? It just makes the game quiet boring after-a-while.

kenpat

Club Cricketer
I'm glad to be proved wrong regarding the aftersales support from Codies. If they've been monitoring the forums then hopefully they'll address the issues raised. Please God :hpraise let them make the spin bowlers be of some use.

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
Patch in two weeks for PC version :). Hope people who are doing beta testing does it efficiently enough. Damn sure some of our PC guys would be doing testing. So All the bugs which are intended to be fixed is tested thoroughly.

I thought of returning the PS3 Version back. A Patch coming in Mid-October??? Roll On:banana2:banana2 So, Game!! You be with me..

BTW, Do we need to pay for the patch? Any News on that.

DresdanPI

School Cricketer
I shouldn't think we would be asked to pay for a patch because it wasn't our fault the game was released with bugs etc.

bumba26

School Cricketer
I sincerely hope it comes out before Cricket Revolution and its free. Paying money for patches is too much. Moreover, once Cricket Revolution is out, I don't think too many people will bother with Ashes Cricket unless that game turns out to be terrible.
One suggestion, do something about online quitters. The person who hits the exit button first looses thereby awarding the points in his opponent's tally. That must be implemented.
Just my 2c. :banana2

Users who are viewing this thread