New Q&A With Producer Jamie Firth

All the patches I've ever had have been free, saying nothing about this one ofc.

Thanks dutchad, I appreciate that. :)

You are very, very welcome my friend and I look forward to enjoying your work and your participation in this great quest of "ours" in the months and hopefully years ahead!:)

look away guys they are about to start making out ;)

On a more serious note, I am very appreciative of the effort put in by Transmission Games. As much as I do complain, I have spent the better part of the last month playing AC09 and will continue to do so. It was worth every penny I paid for it.

All that being said, I am still a bit peeved that the online will not be fixed. Oh well, AC11 then, I am sure they will include a quitter system for that.

yay!

This is epic news! this means that I will pretty much play the game for the first time without dealing with all the hassels people have been having. Only played the extended demo but no money for the full version yet and i was waiting to buy it until patch release...this is great!

I hope the names don't go back, it took a long time to change them :(

Yes cricket is a game played by gentleman.

And just to prove it here are a few old sayings that I am sure everyone has heard of before and they are completely off-topic but that's what you get when you have to sit around waiting for a patch: enjoy!:)

1. Rod Marsh & Ian Botham:

When Botham took guard in an Ashes match, Marsh welcomed him to the
wicket with the immortal words: "So how's your wife & my kids?"

2. Daryll Cullinan & Shane Warne:

As Cullinan was on his way to the wicket, Warne told him he had been
waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him.
"Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan retorted.

3. Glenn McGrath & Eddo Brandes:

After Brandes played & missed at a McGrath delivery, the Aussie bowler
politely enquired: "Oi, Brandes, why are you so fat?"
"Cos every time I **** your wife she gives me a biscuit," Brandes replied.

4. Robin Smith & Merv Hughes:

During 1989 Lords Test Hughes said to Smith after he played & missed:
"You can't ******* bat". Smith to Hughes after he smacked him to the
boundary: "Hey Merv, we make a fine pair. I can't ******** bat & you
can't ******** bowl."

5. Merv Hughes & Javed Miandad:

During 1991 Adelaide Test, Javed called Merv a fat bus conductor. A few
balls latter Merv dismissed Javed: "Tickets please", Merv called out as he ran past the departing batsman.

6. Merv Hughes & Viv Richards:

During a test match in the West Indies, Hughes didn't say a word to
Viv, but continued to stare at him after deliveries. "This is my
island, my culture. Don't you be staring at me. In my culture we just
bowl." Merv didn't reply, but after he dismissed him he announced to
the batsman: "In my culture we just say **** off."

7. Ricky Ponting & Shaun Pollock:

After going past the outside edge with a couple of deliveries, Pollock
told Ponting: "It's red, round & weighs about 5 ounces." Unfortunately
for Pollock, the next ball was hammered out of the ground. Ponting to
Pollock: "you know what it looks like, now go find it."

GOLD, Pure GOLD :rtfl

Give me one reason I shouldn’t punch you in the face.

BiiiiiinG , Wrong Question, Just punch him already.

LOL, Just kiddin.

Last edited:
look away guys they are about to start making out ;)

Yes, Heath and I have some special plans together that I can't reveal until the release of the patch has taken place. We are very happy is all I can say at the moment!:)

uote:
Originally Posted by dutchad View Post
It would be nice to see some people come on these forums and admit that they were wrong in their accusations and personal abuse of various people. I for one have had my trials with this game and have posted various comments, some of them positive some of them less positive. I have always stated however that I have every belief that the people making and producing this game are genuine in their wish to see it developed further. We are getting a little closer to this "Holy Bail" of ours and the people involved in that genuinely want to see that get closer. Let's get behind them; yes be critical but don't be abusive towards real human beings.

Who are you accusing of 'making false accusations and personally abusing people', dutch? I think you're overstepping your boundaries when making a call like that.

I've always been a fan of this game. I'm about the only person in the world where my test matches are realistic!

Patch is also for console which is actually a limitation on the size of what they can do hence possibly no online changes.

I dunno about this
Tiger Woods10 has had multiple changes to its online structure since release, every week its updated with new rules, changes, critieria, diffculty etc etc?they can limit the golfer abilities online ? like attribute capping for online only etc etc ? so I would assume, the same can be done for other games, unless of course they have cornered the online part into a submission
If that?s the case, and there is actually no difference in a ranked or unranked game when someone quits, for the entire release of this game ? it?s a total debacle
I cannot for the life of me, in SPORTS TITLE, justify that a ranked match can be exited without some sort of protocol.
There is meant to be a difference in ranked and unranked and I reckon ashes2009 is the only game that doesn?t reflect this, yet give us the option to pick either type.
Transmission and codies are bloody hopeless if this is not addressed, I don?t care how good the rest of the game is when the fundamentals of the criteria of a match are ignored, which is simple bloody video game programming. ? quit = loss, is as easy to programm as heads = heads, and tails = tails.
Its just not cricket, when the other team can walk off the field unpunished ? Just ask the ICC, Darrrell Hair and the Pakistani Team?or is this incident the model the online portion of this game is based on.

I dunno about this
Tiger Woods10 has had multiple changes to its online structure since release, every week its updated with new rules, changes, critieria, diffculty etc etc?they can limit the golfer abilities online ? like attribute capping for online only etc etc ? so I would assume, the same can be done for other games, unless of course they have cornered the online part into a submission
If that?s the case, and there is actually no difference in a ranked or unranked game when someone quits, for the entire release of this game ? it?s a total debacle
I cannot for the life of me, in SPORTS TITLE, justify that a ranked match can be exited without some sort of protocol.
There is meant to be a difference in ranked and unranked and I reckon ashes2009 is the only game that doesn?t reflect this, yet give us the option to pick either type.
Transmission and codies are bloody hopeless if this is not addressed, I don?t care how good the rest of the game is when the fundamentals of the criteria of a match are ignored, which is simple bloody video game programming. ? quit = loss, is as easy to programm as heads = heads, and tails = tails.
Its just not cricket, when the other team can walk off the field unpunished ? Just ask the ICC, Darrrell Hair and the Pakistani Team?or is this incident the model the online portion of this game is based on.

Bravo!

The quitting problem is not even going to be addressed in the patch from what I can gather. This is the only game I know of that does not record wins and losses in a sports match online.

Users who are viewing this thread