RUGBY New Rugby union games

koeloe

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
At last new rugby games. Have to say it looks quite promising.
Rugby Challenge is created by Sidhe and RWC 2011 by HB Studios.
A little rivalry. Here are links

Rugby Challenge
Rugby 2012

I think you have to be registered on the Rugby Forum to view their info.

But the games are looking promising:)

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah, we've been going on about it lately in the Anticipated Games thread but yeah, look to be two great games although RWC isn't on PC and Rugby Challenge looks better anyway so I'll be getting RC when it comes out.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
About time we got another rugby game. Didn't actually know about Rugby Challenge, great to see that is on PC which means by default I will get that game although I probably would have got Rugby 2012 if that came out on PC as well. Screenshots of both games look pretty good.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
As long as Rugby Challenge is focused on International Rugby, I'm interested.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
It's not, it's more club focused, which is the main reason I'm more looking forward to Rugby Challenge, ITM Cup ! There was a video leak of the Sidhe game early this morning by some stupid French game retailer. It could potentially have a huge impact with the top 14 license in doubt because they're fuming and threatening to pull their license, that would suck big time. Could also mean a release date delay.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
It's not, it's more club focused, which is the main reason I'm more looking forward to Rugby Challenge, ITM Cup ! There was a video leak of the Sidhe game early this morning by some stupid French game retailer. It could potentially have a huge impact with the top 14 license in doubt because they're fuming and threatening to pull their license, that would suck big time. Could also mean a release date delay.

So you were looking forward to playing with all of the old New Zealand players? :p

ITM Cup, Super Rugby, and Internationals is what does it for me, I couldn't care less about the Northern Hemisphere stuff, expect when they come along after being complete rubbish for four years and beat us in the World Cup. * Looks at France *

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The big selling point for me is the World League. That was one thing EA sports got right in there rugby series as this extended the longevity of the game. There is only so much you can do playing Internationals and Super rugby.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Oh, that's disappointing - I have absolutely no interest in club rugby whatsoever. :(

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I prefer Super Rugby. Not a huge fan of international rugby, much the same with most sports apart from cricket and football for the World Cup and some of the other huge tournaments.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hopefully Sidhe can come good with a solid and enjoyable game for once with Rugby Challenge - probably the one I'd be more inclined to purchase since its available on the PC.

Nevertheless I'm sure if the PC version is editable enough then the licenses, International teams and whatnot is a non-factor.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, it's been ages since there was a decent Rugby game, so if this game measures up I'll have to take a look; hopefully there will be a demo. :)

koeloe

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Its been confirmed that the RWC 2011 game will release a demo on the 2nd of August.:)

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is a video of an early private beta that Rugby Challenge had on Youtube. I'd post a link to it, but, their are apparently potential licensing consequences over how that video went public.

My opinion though, its not too bad. It does take from RL3/RL Live and the commentary doesn't flow - but again, its was from an early beta. The way the passing system works is borrowed from its earlier RL titles, so its still sketchy IMO.

Hopefully the demo for RWC 2011 is pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread