New Zealand in Bangladesh, October 2010/11

Franklin's bowling well and batting pretty decently in Zimbabwe, he might get an opportunity in the next series.

Please no. Not James Franklin never does ████. Another one that only does good at domestic level not at international. Also why the heck are they playing Zim A? thats some really good practice for those in the team that will play in India....

they are nothing compared to the Australian commentators, every shot played by a australian batsman is deliberate including edges and all.

btw Shamim Chowduhary is pretty good and the other two are Danny Morission and Craig McMillan so yeah..

Australian ones are bias, but they know what they're talking about.

There are two IND/BNG ones, and both of them very rarely know what they're talking about.

CG123 added 3 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I still can't believe they think Watling's a better player than Guptill as well. :facepalm

Elliot's pretty much playing for his place now as well, so it'll be interesting to see how he goes, especially considering how I've normally stood up for him.

CG123 added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

And NO to Franklin coming back as well...

Please no. Not James Franklin never does ████. Another one that only does good at domestic level not at international. Also why the heck are they playing Zim A? thats some really good practice for those in the team that will play in India....

He used to be quite good with the ball, and wouldn't be too bad considering how bad our batting is

The english sky sports commentators are the best by far ;) I hope that this was just a one off series and we should do much better in Indian conditions where it'll be way less humid and the pitches will be suitable for batting especially for the tests.

Our best side though would be something like

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Williamson
Styris
Oram
Vettori
Mills
Tuffey
Southee/McKay/Bennett/other seamer.

He used to be quite good with the ball, and wouldn't be too bad considering how bad our batting is

Nah man thats heading down the wrong direction he has been given so many chances almost in the same boat as sinclair. And yeah he used to be OK with ball but not now. We have too many bits and pieces players as it is.

I was listening on the radio today, and some ex-NZ player said almost all the ND players have massive flaws in their techniques.
I wasn't really paying any attention, and by the time I started listening they had changed the point.
Not sure if anyone else heard that, but it kind of makes sense, Marshall and Flynn both struggled at the INT level, and now Watling, plus Williamson if you take out his 100.
Vettori has his own technique, plus he never really plays for them, so I wouldn't really count him.

The english sky sports commentators are the best by far ;) I hope that this was just a one off series and we should do much better in Indian conditions where it'll be way less humid and the pitches will be suitable for batting especially for the tests.

Yeah against Zaheer Khan reverse swinging I dont think so. If he ripped up the aussies I can only imagine what he would do to us.

Our best side though would be something like

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Williamson
Styris
Oram
Vettori
Mills
Tuffey
Southee/McKay/Bennett/other seamer.

I'd prefer:

Ryder
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
Styris
McCullum
Oram
Vettori
Mills
Tuffey
Southee/McKay/Bennett/other seamer. (or Nathan McCullum)

Just adds so much more to our middle order.

I was listening on the radio today, and some ex-NZ player said almost all the ND players have massive flaws in their techniques.
I wasn't really paying any attention, and by the time I started listening they had changed the point.
Not sure if anyone else heard that, but it kind of makes sense, Marshall and Flynn both struggled at the INT level, and now Watling, plus Williamson if you take out his 100.
Vettori has his own technique, plus he never really plays for them, so I wouldn't really count him.

I wouldn't say its just ND players theres a whole lot of them. Cumming, Redmond, Papps, McIntosh, Ingram (dont get me started on Ingram...) the list goes on.

I wouldn't say its just ND players theres a whole lot of them. Cumming, Redmond, Papps, McIntosh, Ingram (dont get me started on Ingram...) the list goes on.

I heard the guy on the radio say ND players, they might of started by saying other players, I wasn't paying much attention.

You gotta be joking. They can't even chase 175 against Bangladesh ?
Wonder what will happen in India. They will probably take flight in India and the Indians should be wary of the wounded Kiwis now.

Hamish Marshall wasn't really that bad in his time at the top level, and it's too early to tell with Williamson. Watling has shown some signs that he could be good, but has mostly failed, and Flynn isn't that great, I agree.

I suppose it's not all over we can still get this it's only 3.7 an over its just the wickets...

Users who are viewing this thread