New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe Oct-Nov 2011/12

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Lol, the 1st T20I goes from 1am - 4.30am our time. Surely they could have made it a D/N game over there so we could at least watch some of it, or do they not have floodlights or something?

They are currently building floodlights at the Harare sports club, there's none at the other grounds.

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We get to watch the first innings of the ODIs...

Southee's out for the test as well now :(

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
They are currently building floodlights at the Harare sports club, there's none at the other grounds.

Ahhh, fair enough then. It still would have been good if they had made it two hours earlier (midday Zim time), then it would follow on nicely from the 1st Rugby WC semi tonight.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Was disappointed with the selectors, they picked only three front line bowlers, Masakadza is alright but Chibhabha is very much part time now, his bowling has really slipped. Watched Zimbabwe bat, Taylor was the only one playing proper cricket shots the rest where just trying to hit everything for six, Coventry was awful to watch. Hoping Sibanda, Taibu & Meth come in for the second T20, it's also worth giving Natsai Mushangwe a go he's a talented leg spinner. :)

ferg512

International Coach
Lol, he smashed them up like we did to Zimbabwe. :p

Typically minnow bashing from McCullum.

What is Williamson doing in our T20I team? He has a domestic T20 average of 15 at a S/R of 97... :eek:

Yeah, I was wondering exactly the same thing. He should only be in the test team for now I reckon, he was a pretty horrible 50 over batsman last season as well SR was like 60.

McCullum yet again makes sure he blasts the minnows but then does fried chicken all against the actual teams smh

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Why does Kyle Mills need a rest after playing one T20 game after six months off, don't tell me he's injured again. I also don't see any merit in dropping Williamson for Nicol after one T20 match, that Williamson didn't have a chance to do anything in.

At the start of such a short series after heaps of time off you should know who's the better player, and then you play them. Like if Nicol's the better T20 player (like I think he is), then he should of been there in the first place.

It looks like we still haven't learned from our random selections of the past.

Dougie Bracewell seems to have started off well, but its hard to read much into these performances which is why this series is a bit of a waste for us after so long off, because you have no idea how good they actually until December, which by then will have been eight months off.

Chewie

BCCI President
I'm guessing they just wanted to give other members of the squad a run

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
Any updates on Hamish Bennett ? I was hoping to see him on this tour.. perhaps I should wait to see him against Aussies this summer Down Under.

McCullum yet again makes sure he blasts the minnows but then does fried chicken all against the actual teams smh
Like!!

Chewie

BCCI President
Bennett's injured until around Christmas iirc

Chewie

BCCI President
Man Bracewell's been bowling awesomely! Three wickets already in his first spell

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
This is ridiculous, we've already lost four wickets. These two will have to score most of the runs, that way Chigumbura has a chance to hit out towards the end of the Innings. Hopefully this causes a shake up in the side, we need to bring C Ervine & Matsikenyeri into the team.

Users who are viewing this thread