No patch for AC09 - officially confirmed

I kept the beta patches on a cd:banana2, to me Ashes 2009 was a functional decent Cricket game and with the beta's installed was a whole lot better (I don't play much online) Tragically the loss of Transmission killed off the potential for improvements but we live in hope that TG are reborn elsewhere. AC2009 is better than EA's efforts, some of the bugs in that series were never fixed and they were down right ludicrous, at least Codies/TG were halfway to getting a patch out:facepalm

Yep it's tragic and understand everyones frustrations but nothings gonna change so we have to deal with that!

Moreover, Ashes 2010????? where are you hearing this????? for me I'm playing EA Cricket 2005 & Ashes Cricket 2009 with community updates/beta patches rather than waiting for something that may never arrive:laugh

What makes me laugh is no sooner we get a Cricket game, a day later it's what's in the next version before anything is even announced.

For now we either play and be content with what we have got or sit and wonder where our next cricket game is coming from!

Steve S.

I hope Codies get the same fate as Transmission games (bankrupt) for making us buy an unfinished game and then not releasing a patch!
I mean, AI playing like idiots, inaccurate player skills and abilities, and very little thought through online play are all things that are not going to be there in a finished cricket game.

At least EA didn't make us buy an unfinished cricket game! Despite all the problems I had with the EA games, I actually had fun playing them. With Ashes cricket on the other side, I was bored within a week.

From this day on I am not going to buy any cricket games from Codies, I will not be fooled again by Jamie Fart (or, whatever his name is). From all the promises he made; fixed bowling speeds, fixed AI run out bug, patch coming in mid-November, non was he able to keep.
No, my money is to be saved for the next EA game (possibly next non-Codies cricket game).

Last edited:
If they are not releasing a patch they should tell us how to make one ;).

Test match run rates were realistic in EA 07? You gotta be kidding me! In the game you mentioned the AI was slower than a turtle in the Test matches. It would just defend, defend and defend, no matter what the situation might be. C07 is one of the worst games I've ever played in my life. And if someone mentions "Realism" side-by-side EA Sports Cricket 2007, it really sounds paradoxical.

Cricket 07 may have been rubbish, but at least the game was editable!

Cricket 07 was only editable because the franchise was developed by the same developer using the same file formats year after year. The modders already had tools like Biggui and fshed to work with. The file formats were also relatively simple compared to AC09. Its not been so easy with Codies games as every iteration has been developed by a different developer and the formats have kept changing.

I never expected the patch to be out once Transmission closed. It would have take a fair amount of time for the developers at Codies to review the code and make any changes to it.

Funny they blame Transmission :eek:

I bet 2010 is just a Patched Ashes 09 :mad:

I wont be buying any Ashes game from codies when I can just use the beta patches, Its a bugger no online on beta

Really have codies ever made a decent game compared to other companies

What a RIP OFF codies sux big time :facepalm

@KC, he said more realistic

which beta would u guys say is better?

@KC, he said more realistic

which beta would u guys say is better?

I would say beta 1. In beta two the only way AI score boundaries is by going ariel!! I think beta two is predominantly geared towards better online play so I use beta 1 as online is impossible anyway with a beta patch.

It's an obvious result after Transmission shut down. I am sure that Codies team would have used their maintenance support contract or something to pull transmission guys to work atleast till the patch's release but it was very highly unlikely to happen anyways.

Codies are not blaming transmission because it is the fact. Publishers just care about their marketing strategy & not the core developing things like coding & those stuffs.

If they are not releasing a patch they should tell us how to make one ;).

Even Codies tech team cannot break the patch I reckon because they are packaged tightly with Transmission's high security coding techniques. Though the game has bugs and all those stuffs, some things really needs hats off,

1) Codies team's interaction with PC members
2) Developer's interaction - Transmission with PC members
3) Flexiblity in taking things & quick turn around to the feedback provided by us.
4) Transmission's neat & impressive coding techinques. Till this date, official legal way of patching didn't turn up. This reflects the high quality & care put up by Transmission's tech team. Codies should find such team for their future products too.

So, hunt for cricket game continues... AC09, without any doubts, has been one among the most impressive ones especially with Beta 1&2 patches. It just rocked. :hpraise Well, it's time to move on. :)

This is disgraceful, I bought the game and realised how bad it was with the bugs, I was planning on taking it back until I was told about this patch with all these features. Now there is no patch and the game is ████, and I haven't and won't be able to get my money back. Disappointing to say the least, I'll never buy another game in confidence from these ████ █████ in the the future.

I understand people's frustration, but please be tactful about it, there's no need for insults and idiotic statements.

Shame there is no way of improving this game, I have an easy 620G off this game and I could get the other 380 easily. R.I.P Ashes 09

It had potential. The graphics were great, the bowling actions and the batting techniques were also good IMO, batting for me was realistic, shots go to different parts every time but when it came to bowling: at first it wasn't bad and you would be thinking, this game is good, but then all of a sudden the batsmen would go crazy hammering sixes early on the first day and then the runouts would come:facepalm: and then you would find a "cheat" area to bowl, ie. off spinner pitch short wide outside off, batsman flashes to keeper, slip or third man every time.

Also the lack of game modes and teams was a bit dissapointing, although EA games are generally pretty average gameplay it's good to be able to go on tours and play domestic cricket which could be fantastic on future versions of AC.

I'm dissapointed and a bit annoyed that the PS3 patch never came out as I thought it could make the game very realistic and enjoyable. I hope these issues are fixed in future versions and that more game modes are introduced, because you can only play the Ashes so many times (twice) before it becomes boring.

Once again a reminder that the patch wasn't released because Transmission went bust. Not really Codesmasters' fault.

That is a lot of B.S. The game released and owned by Codies. It is sad that Transmissions got out of business but it was the respnosibility of Codemasters to hire someone else to finish the patch. They own the rights to the game not Transmission.

The complexity of the rights are probably way beyond what you (or I) can comprehend. It won't be simple.

Doesn't make much business sense to give another company a budget to release a patch. It's a shame that a patch won't be released, but Codies don't have a "responsibility" to release the patch.

Users who are viewing this thread