surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well, this is an expected one after the result from last game itself.. I remember reading somehwere that Imran Khan also blamed Inzi majorly for the WC exit. Hope he plays against Zim and finishes his innings with style.. may be a century!

Its similar to last WC, where Wasim & Waquar retired in 2003 and now in this WC, Inzi. But still, the death news is still shocking!

kodos

International Coach
A truly great player, his batting ability was really overshadowed by other greats such as Tendulkar and Lara and will be missed by the team. But I feel it's the right time for him to depart and hand the captaincy over to Younis Khan or Youssuf.

symonds_sixes said:
I think Inzi wasn't the right guy for the job anyway, he was too negative and sulked too much (similar to Runatunga).

Ponting?? Pretty much most players sulk when things don't go their way so I don't see why you are only targeting Inzi and Ranatunga.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Supprised he didn't retire from Test Cricket aswell, now that his accomplished it after a 100 odd games he'd surely want to keep that average of 50 in tact.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
wfdu_ben91 said:
Supprised he didn't retire from Test Cricket aswell, now that his accomplished it after a 100 odd games he'd surely want to keep that average of 50 in tact.
He's good enough to keep it and I'm sure averages don't mean all that much to cricketers. Inzy was one of the greatest ODI batsmen to have played. Hope he finishes his career off in style.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
He seemed to be on the decline in the ODI arena plus he would have been sacked from captaincy after this WC anyway so better to leave on his own terms.

Anyway he was a great player in the ODI arena.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Sad day for Pakistan.

Also a sad day for me as i had some money on him to fall over his stumps again.

Looks like Pakistan are about to sink down to englands level of poor cricket.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
symonds_sixes said:
I think Inzi wasn't the right guy for the job anyway, he was too negative and sulked too much (similar to Runatunga).

Ranatunga has a lot of zeal.
Inzi didnt have it.

I always thought that Younis Khan would have been the nest choice for Pak after the 2003 WC.He got into one brawl with his team-mates and found himself out of the team then.

Had PCB chosen Younis then,it might have been a different result today.Look at South Africa,a completely young gun in Smith.

Bilal91

International Coach
well...a truly bad WC this has been for pakistan...losing against westindies and ireland, going out of WC, bob dying and now this...he was a great great player and will be missed by Pakistan but maybe he thought that he needs to give a chance to all the other younger lads waitin to prove themselves...nevertheless his career was legendary and is a shame to see him go this way...

still will be their in the tests but had resigned as captain in tests as well...

Lets see how Pakistan will manage under Younis and without Inzi...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I'm not sure whether the selectors will want Inzi in the test arena too,if they are to look beyond him.

hassan

International Coach
I would have in for another year or two jus to take the pressure of the new players that will be covering his place in the future and also could learn from him while he is still in the middle

usy

Chairman of Selectors
What ever Inzamam did or he was, You can never forget the tears on his eyes.

We can't blame him just for loosing 2 matches (important ones ofcorse). Look at his 17 years of world class cricket, I agree he was'nt a good captain but what a batsman.

Thanks Inzamam.

Users who are viewing this thread