Pakistan Cricket Future

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What do you think about Pakistan Cricket Future?
I think so far it's bad because they hardly ever play now.
they didn't even play a test match last year and didn't play against a decent team

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yousuf gone, Akhtar past it, Asif in self destruct mode, struggling to attract countries to come and play in Pakistan, constantly losing more and more players to the ICL. It's certainly not looking good for them. I'd like to see them get back to a decent standard though, we're pretty limited when it comes to really class sides atm. Can't see them being back to their best anytime soon though.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hopefully 2009 will be a better year for them. It's quite sad to see a team like Pakistan go quiet in International Cricket, I guess the Champions Trophy and the India Series being called off didn't help much either. Hopefully they will be able to establish a good line up this year. They have the ingredients - Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Misbah-Ul-Haq, Younus Khan, etc.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Neither Shoaib Malik nor Misbah give me the impression of being a strong and tough captain. Both look too soft for being Pakistani captains. You need to be really strong and tough for captaining Pakistan. Imran, Inzamam, Akram all captained really well.

Overall, Pakistan lack the firepower in their whole side these days. Their fieryness used to serve them really well. But now its all gone.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Maybe they should do like the West Indies and instead of representing one country, represent the entire region. They could call themselves the Middle Easties.

jordox

International Cricketer
Maybe they should do like the West Indies and instead of representing one country, represent the entire region. They could call themselves the Middle Easties.

Hmm good point.

Is cricket big in Saudi Arabi, Afghanistan, ect..?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
They play in Afganistan, UAE.

karnog

International Cricketer
^^sure but i don't think the standard is there as of yet. It might be good in 10-20 years but in the current context...

cricketspur

School Cricketer
Pakistan are finished as a team, in-fighting, no-one wants to go there to play...theres no hope. They should start their own Asian championship with SL and Ban.

tech.007

Club Cricketer
It's all in the hands of PCB..Either they destroy their talents like Akhtar or they Make their side the best in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread