Pakistan in India

Bilal91

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
well india got very close to a win but bad light looks to have saved pakistan...abysmal middle order batting apart from faisal and misbah...

playkid12

Club Captain
What a boring, one-sided series. Truth is, India is much stronger than Pakistan right now, which isn't what 1-0 suggests (hence a boring series). Pakistan didn't get in a strong position all series, except for when they had India pinned for 61-4, except Ganguly and Yuvraj came to India's rescue. India seemed like they were fine with draws once they got their one win in, and Pakistan didn't have the firepower to challenge that. Both ODIs and Tests, India look like the better side by quite a margin. Shoaib Akhtar needs to do something about his fitness. Also, Kamran Akmal did poorly in the ODIs but recovered in the tests...so that was a good sign for Pak. Another very good sign for Pakistan is Misbah, even though he's already pretty old.

For India, the batting seems to be finally clicking again. Dravid still seems to be out of form, but he's fighting and made a few decent scores through the series. The biggest plus right now is Sourav Ganguly, who's in the form of his life. Sachin loves making 90's, and that's perfectly fine as well. Yuvraj has showed his worth in the last match, and I'm pretty sure he's going to be selected in the matches against Australia. Irfan Pathan also showed his worth as an all-rounder by his batting display.

The bowling (and bowling injuries) remain a worry. However, Australian wickets should assist the seam bowlers quite a bit.

Virender Sehwag is going to Australia b/c Gambhir got an injury. He never had a dip in his Test form, so it'll be interesting to see how he'll fare if he gets a game.

I wonder when Piyush Chawla will be recalled. Yes, a tangent onto ODIs, but he was impressive and VERY young. He seemed to never get a chance after the injury that ruled him out of the Australia ODI series.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Well that was an interesting match, out of all the five days it was the last day which didn't get through to the full 90 overs because of bad light, what luck....

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Damn Kumble! Couldnt you have declared 30 mins earlier? Could have had the series 2-0 in our pocket. This is agonising, coming so close and yet not winning the series 2-0.

Horrible pitches took the sheen off the contest. Kumble bowling seam-up was not a great sight to see as far as the pitch was concerned. Good that Ganguly was adjudged Man of Match and series. Whats the status on Laxman's injury?

Now that Sehwag is on the plane to Australia, the decision becomes even more trickier. To play Yuvraj at the expense of a makeshift opener, or to have Sehwag (a statistical success as an opener)? Gambhir could have reduced the headache, Sehwag has increased it.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
India seem happy with draws. I really don't like the defensive attitude. They should have won at Trent Bridge in England - they didn't. They should've won this test, if not the last - they didn't. They don't have the Aussie mentality of going for crusing victories. As long as they get a win in the series India look to make sure they don't lose any other games.

baburao

Club Cricketer
And sreesanth is not in the team due to injury :mad: but another new bowler Pankaj and Ishant are in the team.Now after a fight for places in indian batting it has started in bowling too.Good situation for india.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Ishant looks good. One of the few new bowlers I've been impressed with. The Indian test team looks good atm. Lets see how they face up against the Aussies. The bowling still lacks a little.

baburao

Club Cricketer
Ishant looks good. One of the few new bowlers I've been impressed with. The Indian test team looks good atm. Lets see how they face up against the Aussies. The bowling still lacks a little.

Yeah sreesanth.:p

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India seem happy with draws. I really don't like the defensive attitude. They should have won at Trent Bridge in England - they didn't. They should've won this test, if not the last - they didn't. They don't have the Aussie mentality of going for crusing victories. As long as they get a win in the series India look to make sure they don't lose any other games.

We won at Trent Bridge.
It was the Oval test that was drawn.

I would like to ask you guys something about the ICC RAnkings.
At the start of this test , India were at the No.2 position and were tied with England .
Now England, who just lost a test to a No.5 ranked side and are struggling to save the second test are 2 points ahead !
India are now No.4 , SA go ahead of them without playing a test match in the last 20 days !

I do not understand how !

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Kumble is a jerk. He just wanted Kartick to score 50 so that he can go to Australia. He should have declared 10 minutes before lunch when Kartick came to crease.

As for selection to Australi tour -- Viru is good selection considering we are not having anyone staying more than 5 overs at one end in opening partnership why not try Viru. If he has his day the Aussies will be on knees. Pankaj is also good bowler. Far better than Ishant.

Animator!

School Cricketer
We won at Trent Bridge.
It was the Oval test that was drawn.

I would like to ask you guys something about the ICC RAnkings.
At the start of this test , India were at the No.2 position and were tied with England .
Now England, who just lost a test to a No.5 ranked side and are struggling to save the second test are 2 points ahead !
India are now No.4 , SA go ahead of them without playing a test match in the last 20 days !

I do not understand how !

Take into contex where these teams are playing however. India - Pakistan is always going to be held in a country where conditions suit both sides as they play to the pitches they have been brought up on.

England struggle in SL, India, Pakistan because we're not naturally good players of spin, and most pitches tear up days 3, 4 and 5 and suit spin. It's something we of course have to work on but we haven't cracked it like the Aussies.

Same can said, I'd expect Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, any sub continental side to have a very hard time of it in New Zealand, on green seaming wickets. Not because your a team of poor players, just because it's not what your players are used to playing on. It takes time to adjust and learn. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I do agree it's a bit of a farce that we're still 2nd, after the year we've just had. But it's the way the ratings work sadly, because we had a fantastic 2005/06 we're still riding on the points gained from that, having beaten Australia in that period.

South Africa are up there because they hammered a side in all 3 tests they played. I'm ill informed on the rakings but I believe it's not calculated on who you beat, more of on how you beat, and you must admit South Africa won hugely. Whereas despite playing very good cricket and looking as if you'd win games, you drew twice(?) in England and Only one won game, and have done the same in the current Pakistan series.

I do agree with the points you make but the ratings are based on which results you get, rather than how well you are playing, because they're spposedly inheritant of each other, however its not how it always works as we know.

On the ratings stuff, correct me if I'm wrong on how it's based/worked out, cos as I said I do know very little, because I don't tend to take much notice because I do feel they really matter. It should be you knowing how well your teams playing rather than needing to know how they're ranked that's important.

prarara

International Cricketer
How is he a jerk? Making sure DDK gets to his landmark is a form of professional decorum (especially in India).

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
How is he a jerk? Making sure DDK gets to his landmark is a form of professional decorum (especially in India).

Plus that means less runs to chase and more overs to get it in, that would have mean that Pakistan probably would have had a go, and anything could have happened if Paksiatan had a score to chase...

baburao

Club Cricketer
Plus that means less runs to chase and more overs to get it in, that would have mean that Pakistan probably would have had a go, and anything could have happened if Paksiatan had a score to chase...

Just tell me one thing honestly.When kumble declared you were sure that we will win this match?Just becoz pakistani batsman played poorly you are going after kumble.You have to be in his shoes to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread