Pakistan in India

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Kumble is a jerk. He just wanted Kartick to score 50 so that he can go to Australia. He should have declared 10 minutes before lunch when Kartick came to crease.

As for selection to Australi tour -- Viru is good selection considering we are not having anyone staying more than 5 overs at one end in opening partnership why not try Viru. If he has his day the Aussies will be on knees. Pankaj is also good bowler. Far better than Ishant.

How is he a jerk?
Karthik needed important runs under his belt and he got them that. He saved someones career, does not that mean anything to you?

Dinesh has some confidence under his belt to go and tackle Australia.
And about his keeping- The pitch was horrid. It was practically rolling, you cannot blame Dinesh for the byes.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just tell me one thing honestly.When kumble declared you were sure that we will win this match?Just becoz pakistani batsman played poorly you are going after kumble.You have to be in his shoes to understand.

I wsa actually backing up Kumble, Saying that if Paksitan had a lower total to chasse and more overs to do it in, then they probably would have gone for the win and if they had won then Kumble would have been heavily criticised...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I didnt mind Karthik scoring, but Kumble ought to have declared a bit early. Because pakistan had nothing to lose, and would have anyhow gone for their strokes. Kumble declared too late, and we paid for it. But thats fine now as we won the series, and we also had the moral victory on our side having dominated Pakistan right throughout the series.

baburao

Club Cricketer
I didnt mind Karthik scoring, but Kumble ought to have declared a bit early. Because pakistan had nothing to lose, and would have anyhow gone for their strokes. Kumble declared too late, and we paid for it. But thats fine now as we won the series, and we also had the moral victory on our side having dominated Pakistan right throughout the series.
And we are playing them again in Dec 2008.Then there wont be any series for the next three years b/w india and pak.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Take into contex where these teams are playing however. India - Pakistan is always going to be held in a country where conditions suit both sides as they play to the pitches they have been brought up on.

England struggle in SL, India, Pakistan because we're not naturally good players of spin, and most pitches tear up days 3, 4 and 5 and suit spin. It's something we of course have to work on but we haven't cracked it like the Aussies.

Same can said, I'd expect Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, any sub continental side to have a very hard time of it in New Zealand, on green seaming wickets. Not because your a team of poor players, just because it's not what your players are used to playing on. It takes time to adjust and learn. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I do agree it's a bit of a farce that we're still 2nd, after the year we've just had. But it's the way the ratings work sadly, because we had a fantastic 2005/06 we're still riding on the points gained from that, having beaten Australia in that period.

South Africa are up there because they hammered a side in all 3 tests they played. I'm ill informed on the rakings but I believe it's not calculated on who you beat, more of on how you beat, and you must admit South Africa won hugely. Whereas despite playing very good cricket and looking as if you'd win games, you drew twice(?) in England and Only one won game, and have done the same in the current Pakistan series.

I do agree with the points you make but the ratings are based on which results you get, rather than how well you are playing, because they're spposedly inheritant of each other, however its not how it always works as we know.

On the ratings stuff, correct me if I'm wrong on how it's based/worked out, cos as I said I do know very little, because I don't tend to take much notice because I do feel they really matter. It should be you knowing how well your teams playing rather than needing to know how they're ranked that's important.

I have no issues with the ranking except for the fact that in a space of five days India have gone from second to fourth , SA from 4th to 3rd and England have gained two additional points after they just lost the first test and may well go on to lose and at best draw the second test.
How does that help England gain two points ? SA haven`t played a test in the 5-day period when they`ve gone from No4 to No.3 !

Not that it matters a great deal but something which I wanted to bring to your notice.
According to me, India are among the Top 3 test sides.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Take into contex where these teams are playing however. India - Pakistan is always going to be held in a country where conditions suit both sides as they play to the pitches they have been brought up on.

England struggle in SL, India, Pakistan because we're not naturally good players of spin, and most pitches tear up days 3, 4 and 5 and suit spin. It's something we of course have to work on but we haven't cracked it like the Aussies.

Same can said, I'd expect Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, any sub continental side to have a very hard time of it in New Zealand, on green seaming wickets. Not because your a team of poor players, just because it's not what your players are used to playing on. It takes time to adjust and learn. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I do agree it's a bit of a farce that we're still 2nd, after the year we've just had. But it's the way the ratings work sadly, because we had a fantastic 2005/06 we're still riding on the points gained from that, having beaten Australia in that period.

South Africa are up there because they hammered a side in all 3 tests they played. I'm ill informed on the rakings but I believe it's not calculated on who you beat, more of on how you beat, and you must admit South Africa won hugely. Whereas despite playing very good cricket and looking as if you'd win games, you drew twice(?) in England and Only one won game, and have done the same in the current Pakistan series.

I do agree with the points you make but the ratings are based on which results you get, rather than how well you are playing, because they're spposedly inheritant of each other, however its not how it always works as we know.

On the ratings stuff, correct me if I'm wrong on how it's based/worked out, cos as I said I do know very little, because I don't tend to take much notice because I do feel they really matter. It should be you knowing how well your teams playing rather than needing to know how they're ranked that's important.

I do not agree this indian team will struggle in new zealand,because if they produce green tops new zealand will be always bundled out before scoring 100 runs with the swing bowlers india has

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I did think that anything above 300 was unchaseable on a last day wicket.

Kumble was too cautious in his approach. I expected a more aggressive approach from him, but he was probably thinking about the historic nature of the series victory for India and didn't want the slightest chance of upsetting that.

Even so, setting a total of 370+ was a bit on the high side.

320 should have been more than enough and we could have won the match easily as the pitch was getting really low and slow by that time.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Kumble was too cautious in his approach. I expected a more aggressive approach from him, but he was probably thinking about the historic nature of the series victory for India and didn't want the slightest chance of upsetting that.

320 should have been more than enough and we could have won the match easily as the pitch was getting really low and slow by that time.

India had a lead of 324 at lunch .
Scoring 324 in a day is a difficult task in itself, leave alone doing it in 2 sessions on a Day 5 pitch which was fast turning into a minefield.

We should`ve declared at lunch , I was very irritated when I saw us continuing to bat after lunch.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India had a lead of 324 at lunch .
Scoring 324 in a day is a difficult task in itself, leave alone doing it in 2 sessions on a Day 5 pitch which was fast turning into a minefield.

We should`ve declared at lunch , I was very irritated when I saw us continuing to bat after lunch.

Same here. I thought Pakistan would be coming out to bat after Lunch, and was horrified to see Pathan and Karthik come out.

But yeah, its now over and I hope Kumble learns from it.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
How is he a jerk?
Karthik needed important runs under his belt and he got them that. He saved someones career, does not that mean anything to you?

Dinesh has some confidence under his belt to go and tackle Australia.
And about his keeping- The pitch was horrid. It was practically rolling, you cannot blame Dinesh for the byes.

Country always comes first before individuals.

Plus that means less runs to chase and more overs to get it in, that would have mean that Pakistan probably would have had a go, and anything could have happened if Paksiatan had a score to chase...

Very true. This is what you expect from India. To loose with 300+ and 2 sessions to play.

Even Aussies would not have made them.

Last edited:

shery_rsa

Club Captain

if kumble declare on 320 and pakistan won that test so people burn his effigies and senior players taunting him and media also not spare him so my point of view he took a great decision.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
if kumble declare on 320 and pakistan won that test so people burn his effigies and senior players taunting him and media also not spare him so my point of view he took a great decision.

Seriously. All those who think India could have the match if we declared at lunch needs to seriously consider watching Test cricket.

I thaught Kumbe was something but people here are also with him. :noway

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Did you guys actually watch the match and the way the pitch was behaving when you say that Pakistan could have made 300+ in 3 sessions on that fifth day pitch?

I'm sorry to say, but that is absolute bullshit...

It's the defeatist mindset of not only Indian cricket, but fans who believe that India can lose even from a winning position so need to make it "safe"

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Is that a joke? Pakistan had no chance to make 300+ in two sessions on a day 5 pitch which was keeping low. Had they gone for it they would have definitely lost.
Batting till lunch was enough. After seeing how the ball was keeping low in the first session, Kumble should have declared early. You never know if the pitch will provide enough assistance to the bowlers or not but once you are safe its best to give your team a chance to win.

.Mob

International Coach
Scion - 45 overs was more than enough to run through the Pakistani team, especially on such a pitch, and we would have succeeded if it wasn't for the weather.

Users who are viewing this thread