Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Next thing on Wasim Khan's list has to be the medical department. They already fukced up Akhtar, Junaid and Umar Gul
Haris Sohail was in the form of his life in 2013-14 and looked like the next big thing, only for his minor knee issue to messed up by the PCB medics, and suffer for 4 years. Rumman Raees is reluctant to get his treatment done from PCB, despite their continuous offers. Azhar Ali went to Dr. Zaf in England to get his knees sorted.

When your Test captain doesn't want to be treated by your medical team, you should realize that things are in shambles.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Azhar Ali's 'resignation' means that Babar Azam has been announced as Pakistan's 4th Test captain in 3 and a half year's span. Good luck Babar! Make us proud

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Azhar was always a captain to fill-in the captaincy void after Sarfaraz's sacking. He was never a long-term option. The reason he was made the captain in 2019 was that Babar was too young and inconsistent (in Tests) to be made the captain. Azhar was only appointed to take care of the team by the time PCB found Babar ready for the role.

Things could have been far different only if Pakistan won that Manchester test. Azhar would be cursing himself for poor captaincy in that last session. Game of small margins is Cricket, and unfortunately for Azhar, he has epitomized this...

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I expected Shan Masood to take the reins in all honesty, giving Babar a bit of buffer before he takes the role in all three formats. Being the captain in all three formats is certainly taxing especially when the role is considered to be slightly larger than life.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I want to ask my Pakistani friends one question-

What do you guys feel about Waqar Younis? Keep the posts limited to after his playing days. I'm not interested in knowing his bowling credentials, even his harshest critic would say he's one of the greatest.
Replying in this thread.
Certainly as a pure bowling coach, he isn’t bad. Shaheen, Haris and other young quicks seem to have improved since his arrival.
But as a man manager, he is the worst. Completely mishandled Amir, and was sacked/resigned in controversy in each of his previous stints.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Replying in this thread.
Certainly as a pure bowling coach, he isn’t bad. Shaheen, Haris and other young quicks seem to have improved since his arrival.
But as a man manager, he is the worst. Completely mishandled Amir, and was sacked/resigned in controversy in each of his previous stints.

In my opinion, the roles of coaches is vastly overrated in cricket. It's a captain's sport. The man manager is king in my opinion and anyone that can insinuate a cricket match was fixed in a World Cup without any proof whatsoever shows how immature and juvenile the person is in his head. Should never be around coaching/broadcast ever. It is such people that are harming PAK cricket. If I am this agitated about how bad it is being a fan, for country men it must be just tear your hair out stuff.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
If I am this agitated about how bad it is being a fan
You have no idea. For a man who notoriously never got along with anyone, whether it was Wasim in their playing days, or Inzimam, Younis, Yousuf in the mid-2000s, or Afridi, Razzaq, Akhtar in the 2010s and now Amir, he should not even be near the goddamn city where PCB's headquarters is located. Fukcin' pathetic, he should've never been brought back after his failures in his first run. Him being a great bowler in his time does not justify ANYTHING he's done after his playing days were over. Honestly, I know this was about Waqar, but since I've brought up coaching, Misbah is a woeful fit as well. Literally dragging Pakistan's style of play back a decade, after Mickey Arthur had done so much to bring it into the 2010s. Who the hell picks Irfan without any performance in domestic cricket on a tour to Australia? Brought back Rahat Ali of all people. Insisted on giving Umar Akmal another go, when Mickey had specifically singled him out as the most unprofessional player he's encountered in his coaching career. What a joke.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Mohammad Wasim is appointed chief selector. The head coaches of the 6 domestic teams will sit on the selection committee along him.
A good appointment, although i was keen to see him continue coaching Northern. He’s been successful, and some young players have shown promising form under him.
@Na Maloom Afraad @Salman. @AsadRM @hammadahmed88 @ahmedleo414

Users who are viewing this thread