Are you Pakistani Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 92 74.8%
  • No!

Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Sarfraz named new T20 Captain. Its a good decision. I would back him to take over the ODI and test captaincy as well. Give him a long-term, A good coach and a young talented team, He will produce results for us but considering the PCB. I don't think its going to happen likely in near future.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Finally a saner call from PCB, very late but at least they have taken the right decision. Sarfaraz should lead us in all formats. The clobbering we are going to get in England (tests and ODIS) will ensure the axing of misbah and azhar.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Regardless of getting a new captain, Afridi will almost certainty be in the T20 side with his leadership. There are so many players that should be dropped from both the ODI and T20 to give Pakistan half a chance of being decent against other quality sides.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think the biggest problem we have is that we think that if a player does well in one format he'll perform in the other too, and if he's out of form in one format he should be dropped from the other too. Notable examples are Sharjeel, Azhar Ali and Hafeez. Before this year's recall, Sharjeel played his last T20I in December 2013 and scored 50 off 25 balls, before being dropped due to poor ODI form. Azhar was made captain on the base of his Test form. In the era where other teams have aggressive, innovative captains, we have a guy who hasn't got a clue on how to put pressure on the opposition, or if the bowlers have picked a few quick wickets, how to keep the pressure. An example is last year's ODI in Sharjah against England. We had them at 80-4 chasing 210, and Irfan was troubling the batsmen with off-cutters and slower bouncers, and Azhar took him off and decided to bowl himself, when he had 5 other bowlers who were much better than him.
Since his bowling action was banned, Hafeez has been very good in ODIs and Tests, but that doesn't mean he'll perform in T20Is too. He's got 1 fifty (against a Mustafizur-less Bangladesh) in the last 2 years. He should be the first to be axed from the T20 team, along with Afridi.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sami Aslam has been performing consistently in the Pakistan Cup. He must be selected for the England ODIs.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Can someone put me up to scratch with Pakistan team please. I've not followed cricket the last 7-8 years maybe more. What's the deal with them? Any good? I remember Pakistan as being an exciting team before, always had at least one world class bowler or batsmen in the side.

So whats up?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Can someone put me up to scratch with Pakistan team please. I've not followed cricket the last 7-8 years maybe more. What's the deal with them? Any good? I remember Pakistan as being an exciting team before, always had at least one world class bowler or batsmen in the side.

So whats up?
Basically, our test team is very settled, we have a good captain, good batsmen (although they're yet to be tested outside the Subcontinent) and good bowlers. As per our limited-overs teams, our batting is a real problem. There are too many players who don't deserve to be there, our captain doesn't know the meaning of the word "aggression" and our batters play like they're stuck in the 90s. We have only two/three good LOs bowlers : Aamir, Imad Wasim and maybe Wahab Riaz and Irfan, although they're both very inconsistent. We finally managed to solve the wicket-keeper problem, as Sarfraz is very good both behind and in front of the sticks. And he's also our T20 captain.
As i said, batting is our problem, but there are some promising youngsters coming through, like Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Sami Aslam and Mohammad Rizwan. We have a world-class legspinner in Tests in Yasir Shah. If Inzamam-ul-Haq does the job better than the chief selector before him, the new coach is someone who knows about modern-day cricket, Sarfraz replaces Azhar Ali as ODI captain and the batsmen stop playing like in the 90s, than we should be able to atleast come back in the middle of the ODI rankings in the next couple of years.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Basically, our test team is very settled, we have a good captain, good batsmen (although they're yet to be tested outside the Subcontinent) and good bowlers. As per our limited-overs teams, our batting is a real problem. There are too many players who don't deserve to be there, our captain doesn't know the meaning of the word "aggression" and our batters play like they're stuck in the 90s. We have only two/three good LOs bowlers : Aamir, Imad Wasim and maybe Wahab Riaz and Irfan, although they're both very inconsistent. We finally managed to solve the wicket-keeper problem, as Sarfraz is very good both behind and in front of the sticks. And he's also our T20 captain.
As i said, batting is our problem, but there are some promising youngsters coming through, like Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Sami Aslam and Mohammad Rizwan. We have a world-class legspinner in Tests in Yasir Shah. If Inzamam-ul-Haq does the job better than the chief selector before him, the new coach is someone who knows about modern-day cricket, Sarfraz replaces Azhar Ali as ODI captain and the batsmen stop playing like in the 90s, than we should be able to atleast come back in the middle of the ODI rankings in the next couple of years.

Sounds pretty bad, I miss the old Pakistan where they were a real big threat...remember at one point they had Wasim, Waqar and Akhtar as the pace attack. I know it can't always be like that but that was a great team!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
These are the squads I'd select for the England tour if I was Inzi bhai

Tests
Mohammad Hafeez
Shan Masood
Azhar Ali
Younis Khan
Misbah-ul-Haq
Asad Shafiq
Sarfraz Ahmed
Mohammad Aamir
Wahab Riaz
Yasir Shah
Junaid Khan

Backup players

Sami Aslam
Babar Azam
Imad Wasim
Imran Khan
Rahat Ali
Fawad Alam
Mohammad Rizwan

It's a long tour, so taking 18 players won't do any bad, especially considering that the 4 Tests are squeezed together in little more than a month. Rizwan can be the back-up keeper, and he also averages 43 in FC cricket. I took Imad Wasim ahead of Babar as his batting is a real bonus, and he might play in the first Test if Yasir isn't fit by then.
I would've liked to take Haris Sohail as well, but it's better not to risk him in Tests yet, as he's coming from two knee surgeries. The other selections explain themselves.

ODIs
Azhar Ali
Sami Aslam
Mohammad Hafeez
Babar Azam
Sarfraz Ahmed
Shoaib Malik
Imad Wasim
Mohammad Aamir
Mohammad Asghar / Yasir Shah
Wahab Riaz
Junaid Khan

Backup players
Haris Sohail
Anwar Ali
Sharjeel Khan
Hasan Ali
Mohammad Rizwan

Yasir hasn't been that good in LOs, so he could lose his spot to Asghar, but he probably deserves another chance. Could be either way. I don't understand why Zafar Gohar has been dropped after playing just one match. There are no other good backup seamers ( apart from Irfan, but he's had enough chances) , so Hasan Ali gets that spot. I would've loved to take Aamer Yamin instead of Anwar Ali, but for some reason he's in the Pakistan A squad and not in the senior one. I guess Anwar will get selected again on the basis of being the closest thing to a pace-bowling all-rounder we can find, despite having a bowling average of 50. Sharjeel will be the backup opener. We probably should've won the New Zealand series, but we choked at crucial moments and let the tail wag. These mistakes shouldn't be repeated if we want to win this one.

T20s
Sharjeel Khan
Sami Aslam
Sarfraz Ahmed
Babar Azam
Shoaib Malik
Mohammad Rizwan
Imad Wasim
Mohammad Aamir
Mohammad Asghar
Wahab Riaz
Junaid Khan

Backup players
Yasir Shah
Hasan Ali
Anwar Ali
Khalid Latif / Iftikhar Ahmed
Mohammad Hafeez

Don't think I need to explain anything here, apart from the fact that the selection of Latif / Iftikhar is due to the fact that sadly there aren't any better middle order batsmen. Hafeez shouldn't play, but he still makes the squad as cover.

What do you guys think? @Na Maloom Afraad @Rehan_24 @ARKRafay @sami ullah khan @Sami Kumar @cricket_icon @send2yaari
I selected only players that are part of the training camp. I took 17-18 players because our team is famous for being injury-prone and calling up replacements would be difficult.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
These are the squads I'd select for the England tour if I was Inzi bhai

Tests
Mohammad Hafeez
Shan Masood
Azhar Ali
Younis Khan
Misbah-ul-Haq
Asad Shafiq
Sarfraz Ahmed
Mohammad Aamir
Wahab Riaz
Yasir Shah
Junaid Khan

Backup players

Sami Aslam
Babar Azam
Imad Wasim
Imran Khan
Rahat Ali
Fawad Alam
Mohammad Rizwan

It's a long tour, so taking 18 players won't do any bad, especially considering that the 4 Tests are squeezed together in little more than a month. Rizwan can be the back-up keeper, and he also averages 43 in FC cricket. I took Imad Wasim ahead of Babar as his batting is a real bonus, and he might play in the first Test if Yasir isn't fit by then.
I would've liked to take Haris Sohail as well, but it's better not to risk him in Tests yet, as he's coming from two knee surgeries. The other selections explain themselves.

ODIs
Azhar Ali
Sami Aslam
Mohammad Hafeez
Babar Azam
Sarfraz Ahmed
Shoaib Malik
Imad Wasim
Mohammad Aamir
Wahab Riaz
Junaid Khan

Backup players
Haris Sohail
Anwar Ali
Sharjeel Khan
Hasan Ali
Mohammad Rizwan

Yasir hasn't been that good in LOs, so he could lose his spot to Asghar, but he probably deserves another chance. Could be either way. I don't understand why Zafar Gohar has been dropped after playing just one match. There are no other good backup seamers ( apart from Irfan, but he's had enough chances) , so Hasan Ali gets that spot. I would've loved to take Aamer Yamin instead of Anwar Ali, but for some reason he's in the Pakistan A squad and not in the senior one. I guess Anwar will get selected again on the basis of being the closest thing to a pace-bowling all-rounder we can find, despite having a bowling average of 50. Sharjeel will be the backup opener. We probably should've won the New Zealand series, but we choked at crucial moments and let the tail wag. These mistakes shouldn't be repeated if we want to win this one.

T20s
Sharjeel Khan
Sami Aslam
Sarfraz Ahmed
Babar Azam
Shoaib Malik
Mohammad Rizwan
Imad Wasim
Mohammad Aamir
Mohammad Asghar
Wahab Riaz
Junaid Khan

Backup players
Yasir Shah
Hasan Ali
Anwar Ali
Khalid Latif / Iftikhar Ahmed
Mohammad Hafeez

Don't think I need to explain anything here, apart from the fact that the selection of Latif / Iftikhar is due to the fact that sadly there aren't any better middle order batsmen. Hafeez shouldn't play, but he still makes the squad as cover.

What do you guys think? @Na Maloom Afraad @Rehan_24 @ARKRafay @sami ullah khan @Sami Kumar @cricket_icon @send2yaari
I selected only players that are part of the training camp. I took 17-18 players because our team is famous for being injury-prone and calling up replacements would be difficult.
I think Fakhar Zaman should be included in T20s or ODIs.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
McCullum, Johnson likely to feature in PSL second edition - Sport - DAWN.COM
It would be nice to see Johnson at Islamabad Utd and McCullum at Peshawar Zalmi. I think Lahore should release Azhar Ali and draft in Younis Khan as skipper. I've decided to jump ship from Lahore to Islamabad. Usually I'm not a "plastic" fan, but I just love Islamabad's jersey and they have some of my favourite players in Dre Russ, Misbah and Sam Billings.

Users who are viewing this thread