Votes: 92 74.8%
  • No!

Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters

Yamin

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The influence of Moin Khan has been seriously bad for Pak. Hes not allowing Misbah to pick his preferred 11 and im pretty sure the reason why Hafeez/ajmal are not in the current squad.

Their is no logig in bringing in Jamshed and then opening with younis khan. Also why call up Rahat ali instead of Ajmal, Ajmals influence in the dressing room along is more valuable then Rahat.

For windies game i would go with:

Jamshed
Shehzad
Harris
Misbah
Umar Akmal
Safraz Ahmed
Afridi
Wahab Riaz
Yasir
Irfan
Sohail Khan

Windies Left handers are weak againist spin , so Yasir keeps his place.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
The influence of Moin Khan has been seriously bad for Pak. Hes not allowing Misbah to pick his preferred 11 and im pretty sure the reason why Hafeez/ajmal are not in the current squad.

Their is no logig in bringing in Jamshed and then opening with younis khan. Also why call up Rahat ali instead of Ajmal, Ajmals influence in the dressing room along is more valuable then Rahat.

For windies game i would go with:

Jamshed
Shehzad
Harris
Misbah
Umar Akmal
Safraz Ahmed
Afridi
Wahab Riaz
Yasir
Irfan
Sohail Khan

Windies Left handers are weak againist spin , so Yasir keeps his place.
I think that Irfan should be rested because He's like a good computer. It's good but if we use it too much then it'll eventually overheat, get the point. Rahat deserves to come in for Irfan in a match that's not very crucial for Pakistan, because West Indies is a broken team at the moment, no Narine, no Bravo and no Pollard means no passion to win.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Hey Guys I heard after the defeat of Pakistan against India, many people of pakistan expressed their anger by breaking the televisions of their houses as well as of shopping malls as well as their neighbour's houses :eek:

Yamin

School Cricketer
I think that Irfan should be rested because He's like a good computer. It's good but if we use it too much then it'll eventually overheat, get the point. Rahat deserves to come in for Irfan in a match that's not very crucial for Pakistan, because West Indies is a broken team at the moment, no Narine, no Bravo and no Pollard means no passion to win.

I agree about Irfans fitness but i think we need to risk him and play him in this game. West Indies are down and out , we have to make sure we finish them off.

If we take it easy and one of their hitters( Gayle, samuals, Sammy) has a good day and they post 300+ , i doubt our batting can chase it.

A loss to Windies will mean we will be under pressure and risk of exiting , especially as we play Ireland last which will be tricky.[DOUBLEPOST=1424192823][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey Guys I heard after the defeat of Pakistan against India, many people of pakistan expressed their anger by breaking the televisions of their houses as well as of shopping malls as well as their neighbour's houses :eek:

Yeah i think a few individuals did , but its only the 1st game of the tournament still a long way to go yet . Once our teams gels , would love to play you lot in the semis again.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Except Younis Khan and bit of pro-activeness from Misbha everything look fine for Pakistan and we should not panic by just one loss. Younis does not deserve a position in this batting line when a genuine keeper and an aggressive batsman is sitting on the bench, Sarfraz should b an automatic choice for the next match while Irfan should be given rest for the next match. Team lineup for all other worldcup matches should be

Ahmed Shahzad
Sarfraz Ahmed
Harris Sohail
Misbha ul Haq
Umar Akmal
Sohaib Maqssod
Shahid Afridi
Wahab Riaz
Yasir Shah
Sohail Khan
Mohammad Irfan/ Rahat Ali

Misbha as i mentioned earlier should be pro-active in his bowling changes and changing batting order of the team according to the situation like it could be a good idea to send Afridi or Sohaib Maqsood one down to decrease the required run rate. A bit of cleverness by Misbha can do wonders for this very young and in experienced team.

S

Satan666

Lol, at least they didnt attack th3 the player's houses as is done in other countries.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The only thing left for Pakistan is to remove the last three bowlers and include more batsmen, worst captaincy and team management. I used to like Younis for his honesty but I guess he and team management are selfish in their approach. One can not win a match against good teams with 4 bowlers and this match was the perfect platform to give confidence to either Yasir Shah or Rahat Ali. Your best batsman except Misbha is sitting on the bench. So many negatives about this team.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
WTF is happening is Pakistan already out of the WC,i thought they are a much better side than India.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This is seriously disappointing stuff from Pakistan. I dont support them when they play India, and I back them against other nations. Their batting is seriously in deep shambles.

Hope they can do a miracle here. Akmal and Afridi can turn tables around if they live up to reputation.

SixerBoy11

Chairman of Selectors
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Seriously no Words for Paki's After Today's Loss! Seriously worried when their batting problem will solve :(
Now Misbah Says "We will try to win next game" Strange they will try to win against Zimbabwe.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Man, this was an absolute shambles. I have been watching cricket my entire life and have always been a fan of Pakistan cricket, it's flair, it's resilience, it's skill and it's utter madness but last night....Pakistan looked about as bad as I have ever seen them. Yes there was Ireland 07 but at least they showed fight that day, here, apart from the first 10 overs, it was all downhill. They looked weak, drained (of what?) and they lacked the usual passion of this once great Asian side and with rumours of backstage arguments, with the fielding coach threatening to leave due to disrespect, I can't seem them making it through the opening round. Ireland will beat them at this rate and wins over Zimbabwe and UAE will not be enough. And in all honesty, they deserve it, for bringing in a half arsed squad and not building for this tournament over the last 18 months as many other teams have done.

Complacency and corruption have come to bite Pakistan. The only other team that looks to be just as hopeless are England but I'm sure they will beat the "lesser" sides of their group.

Out of this dismal group, this is the team I'd pick (pretty much the same as the one I picked pre-tournament).

1. Shehzad
2. Sarfraz
3. Misbah (has to move up now)
4. Maqsood
5. Akmal (only here cost there's no one else)
6. Sohail
7. Afridi
8. Riaz
9. Shah
10. Khan
11. Rahat Ali

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Sometimes you look at Virat Kohli and wonder whether all the bluster that hissed out of Pakistan didn't blow into his wiry body alone. Look also at the others: R Ashwin, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan and Ravindra Jadeja, in whom there can often be glimpsed the impudence of that eternal badtameez (loosely translated as "rascal"), Ijaz Ahmed. Look at recent vintage: Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh or Yuvraj Singh, all types Pakistan can probably identify with - angsty spinners, abrasive openers, gutsy and persistent middle-order men, outrageously gifted but frustrating batters, rascals the lot of them but rascals who brought them so much glory.

Leading them is MS Dhoni, who lives in his own little world, aloof and unknowable, as Imran Khan once did, yet with the connectedness of Miandad. In his delicate calculations about the ends of chases, Dhoni is more Miandad than any Pakistani batsman. The only consolation for Pakistanis - and boy, don't they make sure Indians know it - is that India have yet to taste the true and exquisite poison of the crazy-diamond fast bowler.

Source
Never thought about it like that. Some good points made in this article.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Not sure if Pakistan played like jobbers the other day or we were a different side altogether. It was so very pleasing to see the team do well particularly the Jamaicans. Taylor you beauty!

Users who are viewing this thread