Story Pakistan Test and ODI tours (Cricket 07 PS2)

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I will be playing Cricket 07 on 5 star level on PS2 and following Pakistan through all their international games from the 99/00 season onwards. I wanted to start as far back in time as possible so I can see lots of older players in action.
I will be doing all the batting for both teams in each match (the batting AI of the opposition is too defensive so I never lose and get very bored) and making the bowling changes by reassigning the controller at the appropriate time. I score way too fast to get realistic scores (even on 5 star difficulty level) so I will be playing one day internationals with 20 overs per innings (I will get a realistic 50 over score) and tests with 30 overs a day (I will score around 250 to 350 runs a day). This method will enable me to complete matches much quicker and also ensure Pakistan don't win every game.
I wont be able to alter my font or post pictures because my computer is old so please don't complain about my presentation. I will try and make up for the lack of colour and pictures by producing a story where realism (apart from the fast scoring and short matches) is the main focus (e.g. accurate team selections and realistic use of bowlers by the opposition), something which is lacking in a lot of other stories.
I have created some older players using their Cricket 2004 abilities so most teams will have accurate squads though some players (Ambrose, Walsh, Stewart etc) will be missing because they weren't in Cricket 2004.

The first series I will play is the 99 DMC Trophy against the West Indies, this was actually held in Toronto but I will be playing it in Pakistan because there is no ground for Toronto in Cricket 07.

Fixtures:
September 16 - 1st One Day International at Faisalabd
September 18 - 2nd One Day International at Faisalabad
September 19 - 3rd One Day International at Faisalabad

Pakistan squad: Wasim Akram (c), Moin Khan (vc), Saeed Anwar, Salim Elahi, Shadab Kabir, Hasan Raza, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Yousuf Youhana, Abdul Razzaq, Azhar Mahmood, Saqlain Mushtaq, Waqar Younis, Shabbir Ahmed, Shoaib Malik, Mushtaq Ahmed.

West Indies squad: B.Lara (c), R.Jacobs (vc), P.Wallace, W.Hinds, C.Gayle, S.Chanderpaul, F.Reifer, R.Powell, L.Roberts, O.Gibson, N.McGarrell, F.Rose, M.Dillon, R.King, C.Collymore.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
DMC Trophy - Pakistan V West Indies 1st One Day International preview.

The first match will be played on a normal pitch in sunny, humid conditions. With not much help expected for the spinners from the pitch, and the ball expected to swing in the humid conditions, both teams have picked 4 seamers.

Pakistan team: Saeed Anwar, Saleem Elahi, Shadab Kabir, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Yousuf Youhana, Moin Khan (wk), Azhar Mahmood, Abdul Razzaq, Wasim Akram (c), Saqlain Mushtaq, Waqar Younis.

West Indies team: P.Wallace, R.Jacobs (wk), R.Powell, W.Hinds, B.Lara (c), S.Chanderpaul, F.Reifer, O.Gibson, F.Rose, M.Dillon, R.King.

Pakistan have won the toss and elected to bat first despite the humid conditions and a strong West Indies pace attack.

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Good to see some of the players,

A.Mahmood and Razzaq operating together & Wallace in opening slot & wasim Akram and Saqi operating & Dillon,King & Rose combination ( i guess Drakes missing )!

Btw, Who is going to share the new ball with WasimAkram?

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Thanks for the comments Suren and Westy.
In answer to your question Suren, I forgot to put Waqar in my Pakistan team list for this match (sorry about that), I just edited it then, he's at number XI and will open the bowling with Wasim
Drakes will get a run for the West Indies when Pakistan tour there for tests later in my my story, I thought about including him for this series but I decided I would try out Gibson and Rose instead because they didn't play much one day cricket and I like to give everybody a chance (the same reason I included Shadab Kabir in the Pakistan lineup, even though he scored 3 ducks in his 3 one day internationals).
I tried to make the squads the same as they really were back then (I looked them up on the cricinfo site) but I had to replace Walsh, Bryan, Perry, Campbell and Griffith for the West Indies and Aamir Sohail, Wajahatullah Wasti and Arshad Khan for Pakistan because I didn't want to create them from scratch (I created Wasim, Waqar, Saeed and Rose with their abilities from Cricket 2004 so that was easy).

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Good idea ( also a different idea ) mate for the story! Good Luck :happy

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan v West Indies - DMC Trophy, 1st One Day International - update

Lead by a Saeed Anwar half century, Pakistan have reached a strong position at the first drinks break. Anwar reached his 50 off 18 balls, bringing up the milestone with a six off the medium pace off Hinds. The only wicket to fall in the session was that of Salim Elahi, caught at square leg when he top edged a hook shot off the bowling of Gibson. Shadab Kabir, whose selection ahead of the likes of Shahid Afridi and Imran Nazir was criticised in some quarters, finally scored his first run in One Day Internationals after 3 ducks in his first 3 matches, and looked solid during his short stay at the crease but so far has not matched the fluency of his more illustrious partner. None of the West Indies bowlers have been particularly impressive, and the manner in which the gentle medium pace of Hinds was treated by Anwar suggests that the part time spin of Powell and perhaps Chanderpaul will be called upon sooner rather than later.

Pakistan - 92/1 off 7 overs

Saeed Anwar (lhb)...............not out.............53* (19 balls) 4 fours, 3 sixes
Salim Elahi (rhb).........c Reifer b Gibson..........24 (13 balls) 1 four, 2 sixes
Shadab Kabir (lhb)...............not out.............15* (10 balls) 3 fours
Extras - 0

Fall of Wicket and Batsman dismissed: 33(2)

-----------------O--M---R---W
F.Rose (rf)..........1 - 0 - 16 - 0
R.King (rfm).........2 - 0 - 20 - 0
O.Gibson (rf)........2 - 0 - 28 - 1
M.Dillon (rfm).......1 - 0 - 10 - 0
W.Hinds (rm).......1 - 0 - 18 - 0

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
is it a 50 over match?
Unbelievable Windies bowling that main pacers have been smashed all around!

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I'm going to play One Day Internationals with 20 overs per innings instead of 50 because I score so fast I can get a 50 over score in 20 overs. I'm playing on 5 star difficulty level and I find it very easy. I will be doing all the batting for both teams because the the AI batsmen score too slow and Pakistan will win every game if I don't and it will spoil my story. I make the bowling changes by reassigning the controller to the bowling team at the appropriate time. I will be playing tests and first class games with 30 overs a day instead of 90 because of my fast scoring. My scores will seem strange because of the scoring rates but apart from that they should look realistic with the right bowlers bowling in the right circumstances and the batsmen batting in the correct positions. Maybe I should rename my story "Cricket on Amphetamines" because of the ridiculously fast scoring rates. Cricket 07 seems like an arcade game to me because it is so easy to score fast but I don't mind because I can finish matches much quicker.

plympilgrim

International Coach
nice idea, and presentation, just one suggestion add some colour to make things stand out

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors

Pakistan have accelerated against some poor bowling and now look to be heading for a total around the 300 mark after a brilliant century from Saeed Anwar. Saeed brought up his ton off just 34 balls before being caught on the square leg boundary attempting another six. Shadab Kabir offered good support with a maiden international half century off 26 balls before opening up with 2 sixes off the disappointing Rose. King has bowled tidily, swinging the occasional ball into the left handers, and was rewarded with the wicket of Saeed.

Pakistan - 192/2 off 13 overs

Saeed Anwar (lhb)......c Rose b King..........100 (35 balls) 6 fours, 8 sixes
Salim Elahi (rhb).........c Reifer b Gibson.......24 (13 balls) 1 four, 2 sixes
Shadab Kabir (lhb)............not out.............65* (30 balls) 6 fours, 2 sixes
Inzamam-ul-Haq (rhb)........not out..............0* (0 balls)
Extras - 3 (w 1, nb 2)

Fall of wickets and batsmen dismissed: 33/1 (2), 170/2 (1)

-----------------O--M--R---W
F.Rose (rf).........3 - 0 - 56 - 0
R.King (rfm)........3 - 0 - 36 - 1
O.Gibson (rf).......2 - 0 - 28 - 1
M.Dillon (rfm)......2 - 0 - 25 - 0
W.Hinds (rm).......1 - 0 - 18 - 0
R.Powell (ob).......2 - 0 - 29 - 0

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors

Pakistan have set the West Indies 294 to win after a strong performance with the bat on a pitch that is offering some assistance to the seamers but little help to the spinners. The highlight of the innings was a brilliant century by Saeed Anwar, who added 137 in 56 balls with the less aggressive Shadab Kabir to lay the foundations for a big total, but after his dismissal the other batsmen failed to accelerate and the overall run rate remained fairly constant throughout. Apart from Salim Elahi, who top edged a hook shot to square leg, the batsmen dismissed all fell to catches in the deep on the leg side attempting to clear the ropes. The pick of the West Indies bowlers were King and Gibson with 2 wickets apiece. The West Indies will feel they are still in the game at this stage but will need to exploit the fielding restrictions during the early stages of their innings to avoid placing too much pressure on an inexperienced middle order.

Pakistan - 293/6 off 20 overs

Saeed Anwar (lhb)..........c Rose b King...............100 (35 balls) 6 fours, 8 sixes
Salim Elahi (rhb).............c Reifer b Gibson............24 (13 balls) 1 four, 2 sixes
Shadab Kabir (lhb)..........c Chanderpaul b Dillon.....79 (40 balls) 6 fours, 2 sixes
Inzamam-ul-Haq (rhb).....c Dillon b Chanderpaul.....12 (3 balls) 2 sixes
Yousuf Youhana (rhb).....c Chanderpaul b King.......34 (15 balls) 3 sixes
Moin Khan (wk) (rhb)......c King b Gibson...............20 (8 balls) 2 sixes
Azhar Mahmood (rhb)..............not out.................20* (6 balls) 3 sixes
Abdul Razzaq (rhb).................not out...................0* (0 balls)
Wasim Akram (c) (lhb), Saqlain Mushtaq (rhb), Waqar Younis (rhb) - did not bat
Extras - 4 (w 2, nb 2)

Fall of wickets and batsman dismissed: 33 (2), 170 (1), 204 (4), 235 (3), 257 (5), 273 (6)

---------------------O--M---R---W
F.Rose (rf)...............3 - 0 - 56 - 0
R.King (rfm)..............4 - 0 - 54 - 2
O.Gibson (rf).............4 - 0 - 54 - 2
M.Dillon (rfm)............4 - 0 - 54 - 0
W.Hinds (rm).............1 - 0 - 18 - 0
R.Powell (ob).............2 - 0 - 29 - 0
S.Chanderpaul (lbg)....2 - 0 - 28 - 1

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
294 is somewat tough but still gettable ;) Com'on Windies :happy

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
You are right about the target being gettable Suren, Pakistan had trouble accelerating in the later overs and were a little bit defensive early on so that might cost them in the end. I have a feeling the Windies will win this one if they can cope with the pace and swing of Wasim and Waqar.

plympilgrim

International Coach
wow what a score by pakistan, can i still request some colour

Users who are viewing this thread