Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2009

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
McIntosh shouldn't have opened. Guptill shoulda.

I don't mind this tactic. Would rather we were safe now and went for it in the last 25ish overs but we can't let the rate climb too high.
Yeah i think over 6 will be too much if it gets that high too soon, especially with no restrictions

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Watling Definitely impresses me, he looks a positve batsman

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
He definitely look better than he did in the first innings. I wasn't too convinced at the start but he really does look to play positively. Hopefully he can be a real established opener for NZ.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
very good start from the NZ openers.. with McCallum, Taylor and Vettori in the hut this should be easy pickings for NZ.....

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
He definitely look better than he did in the first innings. I wasn't too convinced at the start but he really does look to play positively. Hopefully he can be a real established opener for NZ.

Yea he's a busy cricketer. I've seen quite a lot of him at ND and that's something everyone notices when playing agaisnt him and watching him bat (even in the field he's busy). He looked a shadow of his usual self in that first innings, his nerves probably took over.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I'm glad they didn't get McCullum to open. He probably would have come out all gung-ho and then get out, which frankly is a bit of a waste.

Yea he's a busy cricketer. I've seen quite a lot of him at ND and that's something everyone notices when playing agaisnt him and watching him bat (even in the field he's busy). He looked a shadow of his usual self in that first innings, his nerves probably took over.

Yea, watched a bit of the game today and he was up and at it, all over the off. I really want this guy to succeed.

Last edited:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Good example of getting bogged down after the tea break, no singles and then you see the risky sweep. They've got to find the gaps against Kaneria, just a couple more singles an over will produce a world of difference.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
*started doing the rain dance* though doing it in NZ will be more effective me thinks.....

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
That's the way. Great 50 for Watling, now he needs to convert it to a ton and get NZ home. Oh, chance for a 100 opening partnership as well. That's a rarity for NZ.

irottev

School Cricketer
Watling looks great. Think we've found a keeper. Lets hope it lasts. Hundred on debut to win us the game would be nice haha.

The rain is a big shame. We have an amazing chance to win. Lets hope it doesn't last long. The cricket gods just don't like NZ. We get the worst luck.

Users who are viewing this thread