Pakistan vs New zealand : 2 Test & 3 ODI: Dec 26, 2022 - Jan 13, 2023 at Karachi

Gurukirat

School Cricketer
Unless this was some form of rotation.. I can’t comprehend Rizwan being dropped. Yes he’s had a lean year by his standards but he could have easily made some big scores in the last series too.
Pak need him for WC in india
Rizwan not 101% Fit too not only that, 66 runs in last 4 innings vs eng at home Front, not good Stats, last but the least, they were beaten 3/0 in their own back yard.

If Pant / Dhawan or kohli failed in 6 test india not replace them but every country not same, Rizwan also need rest after too much cricket, Sarfu near 36

pak surely need Someone in future if they wants to reduces work-load of Rizwan.

Last edited:

Gurukirat

School Cricketer
Pak need him for WC in india
Rizwan not 101% Fit too.
Congratulation for Babar Azam for 1170* runs in 9 test 16 innings for Calender year 2022

Salute for Stokes for 26 sixes in 2022 most #1.

If Labu hit 52 tomorrow he will be 5Th player with 1000 runs in 2022

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm all for bringin Sarfaraz in, especially at home on his home pitch and we reaped dividends because of it.

Rizwan needs a break from cricket - there is no point making him play so much when you have other options. Lets not forget that he keeps aswell, so all those test matches he doesn't get a break nor in the crazy calender so far. I'd go so far to suggest dropping him from the keeping and allow him to play as a batsman. I feel like it will bring some of his mojo back.

Lets see how we finish up in the first innings tomorrow, surprise wicket at the end from Sarfaraz otherwise I would have argued that we would have hit 400 in the first innings. Agha Salman is the last recognised batsman.

Not upset about how Shafique and Masood got out, it was a little unnessecary but its a new approach and shows new mentality. I'll allow it for a while to see if it changes our approach at all.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Babar has a habit of getting out early in the day after being unbeaten overnight.
Pitch looks dead, most of our wickets were our own mistakes.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I'm all for bringin Sarfaraz in, especially at home on his home pitch and we reaped dividends because of it.

Rizwan needs a break from cricket - there is no point making him play so much when you have other options
The same logic applies to bringing Sarfaraz in though, when non-Rizwan options include Rohail Nazir, who is the future.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The same logic applies to bringing Sarfaraz in though, when non-Rizwan options include Rohail Nazir, who is the future.
Sarfraz has his fair share of supporters in the set-up, from the board to the team, because of his abrupt removal from the captaincy, and his subsequent performance in domestic cricket, without creating any public controversy that could have been expected from a Pakistani captain who was arguably unfairly sacked, at least in a couple formats.
That’s why he has always been the undisputed backup to Rizwan.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK

But Rohail hasn't done anything to warrant selection - he was OK in the QeA competition recently. This just seems a case of bringing someone young in to the side for the sake of them being young and time to improve.

We have clearly been struggling with in the batting department, so wouldn't it make more sense to go to someone who is more proactive and has been scoring and with international exposure to the XI. He knows what is required and he can support Babar in his passive/god-awful captaincy. And as @CerealKiller said, his support runs deep in Pakistan and the fact that he won a trophy rains supreme in people's eyes.

I'd argue, Pakistan need to look at other talents like Mohammad Hurraira for an opening slot.

Here is the top order I would propose for the future:

1. Mohammad Hurraira
2. Abdullah Shafique
3. Shan Masood
4. Babar Azam (c)
5. Fawad Alam/Umar Amin (what is the point of the experience and the buckets of runs if you're never going to play)
6. Saud Shakeel/Usman Salahuddin
7. Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk)/Rizwan

Add more experience and the highest run getter. Takes the pressure of Babar hopefully. I'd argue if these don't score more consistentally then it might be more of an issue with our domestic infrastructure.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
But Rohail hasn't done anything to warrant selection - he was OK in the QeA competition recently. This just seems a case of bringing someone young in to the side for the sake of them being young and time to improve.

We have clearly been struggling with in the batting department, so wouldn't it make more sense to go to someone who is more proactive and has been scoring and with international exposure to the XI. He knows what is required and he can support Babar in his passive/god-awful captaincy. And as @CerealKiller said, his support runs deep in Pakistan and the fact that he won a trophy rains supreme in people's eyes.

I'd argue, Pakistan need to look at other talents like Mohammad Hurraira for an opening slot.

Here is the top order I would propose for the future:

1. Mohammad Hurraira
2. Abdullah Shafique
3. Shan Masood
4. Babar Azam (c)
5. Fawad Alam/Umar Amin (what is the point of the experience and the buckets of runs if you're never going to play)
6. Saud Shakeel/Usman Salahuddin
7. Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk)/Rizwan

Add more experience and the highest run getter. Takes the pressure of Babar hopefully. I'd argue if these don't score more consistentally then it might be more of an issue with our domestic infrastructure.
Hurraira is a good shout. I'm perplexed why hasn't he been selected already. I reckon Fawad's talent has successfully been wasted by PCB and will no longer be given a long run (if at all he is given a run) as a result of his age.

Saud seems he can take up the #5 spot while Pakistan can draft an all-rounder in Fahim or Nawaz at #7 depending on the pitch to give them an extra bowling option (remember that the Test matches are won by taking 20 wickets).

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Hurraira is a good shout. I'm perplexed why hasn't he been selected already. I reckon Fawad's talent has successfully been wasted by PCB and will no longer be given a long run (if at all he is given a run) as a result of his age.

Saud seems he can take up the #5 spot while Pakistan can draft an all-rounder in Fahim or Nawaz at #7 depending on the pitch to give them an extra bowling option (remember that the Test matches are won by taking 20 wickets).

I will say Hurraria is only 20 and has been a liability in List A plus with Shafique at the top and both Imam and Shan Masood in the reckoning - it was unlikely that he would have broken in. Can't blame the selectors on him yet.

Yeah agreed about Fawad! Its super sad case and not sure what more he can do to play for the country. The rumour is he has some enemies in the selection board and I'm more than inclined to believe that with his consistent numbers. Once MisYou left, it was the ideal time for him to add to the support of the middle order but once again he never made it in. Infact, I remember back in 2015 ish he made a comeback in the ODI side and was exceptional - but alas, was not to be.

The annoying thing is the likes of Mohammad Ali (the seamer from the English series) was given a debut and yet it is argued that Fawad is too old and we are looking for new talent. Whats the point of consistantly performing and playing the circuit then.

On a positive for him, I have heard that he has made his debut in modelling and was in the reckoning for the lead actor in some sort of TV serial so lets see.

Users who are viewing this thread