Pakistan vs New zealand : 2 Test & 3 ODI: Dec 26, 2022 - Jan 13, 2023 at Karachi

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If anything - these two series have shown why are batsmen are useless everywhere in the world except in Pakistan. Play on roads all your life and then go somewhere where the ball actually does something and you're found out on day one. Really invalidated some of those First Class Averages.

Annoyingly, these monumental series are being ruined and tarnished due to the nature of these pitches.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If anything - these two series have shown why are batsmen are useless everywhere in the world except in Pakistan. Play on roads all your life and then go somewhere where the ball actually does something and you're found out on day one. Really invalidated some of those First Class Averages.

Annoyingly, these monumental series are being ruined and tarnished due to the nature of these pitches.
I know there are broader issues at play, but I can see why very few people are turning up to watch.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Pakistan doing typical Pakistan. Who was actually leading? Also how can a player not in XI lead a side?

Also please get test cricket out of Pakistan. There is no way that pitch curators in Pakistan think this is ok for 3 series in a row?

B

Bigby Wolf

Credits to England CRICKET team for their bazball approach for making tests interesting on such dead pitches.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

The thing is, the First Class pitches have been actually decent since the overhaul in 2019. Ramiz coming and ranting about pitches when they were actually fine is the weirdest thing. Like, he started his crusade exactly after the domestic pitches were fixed after a long time. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, check the pitches in all the pre-Ramiz Tests we hosted.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
The thing is, the First Class pitches have been actually decent since the overhaul in 2019. Ramiz coming and ranting about pitches when they were actually fine is the weirdest thing. Like, he started his crusade exactly after the domestic pitches were fixed after a long time. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, check the pitches in all the pre-Ramiz Tests we hosted.

I honestly think the pitches that are designed to last five days. It costs a lot of money to bring Australia, England, New Zealand over and you need to recoup that costs somehow. Two or three day test match won't help but getting in five days of Tapal Tea moments might do.

Unfortunately I doubt anyone is tuning in to watch New Zealand score at 3.19 ( I'm certainly not, I will watch just about any cricket).

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's not pitch. It's the skill. Current lot of PAK is terrible. Imagine bowling 200+ overs.... horrible! The sooner they understand, we’re ordinary, the better they perform. I'll leave the moral dishonesty factor in selection for another time
Post automatically merged:

That Sodhi wicket shows they are upping the ante and looking to give 250 odd target on last day deck

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
It's not pitch. It's the skill. Current lot of PAK is terrible. Imagine bowling 200+ overs.... horrible! The sooner they understand, we’re ordinary, the better they perform. I'll leave the moral dishonesty factor in selection for another time
The skill is why PAK are losing. The pitch is why they're losing in five days instead of three.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I will say Hurraria is only 20 and has been a liability in List A plus with Shafique at the top and both Imam and Shan Masood in the reckoning - it was unlikely that he would have broken in. Can't blame the selectors on him yet.

Yeah agreed about Fawad! Its super sad case and not sure what more he can do to play for the country. The rumour is he has some enemies in the selection board and I'm more than inclined to believe that with his consistent numbers. Once MisYou left, it was the ideal time for him to add to the support of the middle order but once again he never made it in. Infact, I remember back in 2015 ish he made a comeback in the ODI side and was exceptional - but alas, was not to be.

The annoying thing is the likes of Mohammad Ali (the seamer from the English series) was given a debut and yet it is argued that Fawad is too old and we are looking for new talent. Whats the point of consistantly performing and playing the circuit then.

On a positive for him, I have heard that he has made his debut in modelling and was in the reckoning for the lead actor in some sort of TV serial so lets see.
I love Imam's temperament but he doesn't have good numbers in Pakistan outside Rawalpindi. Ideally, you would want someone who can score runs around the world. Hurraira can play alongside shafique with Shan @#3, followed by babar, Saud and keeper.

Right. There definitely is someone who has an axe to grind against Fawad. He should have been a regular in the team for a decade now. Heck even the Indian team post Dravid/Laxman/Tendulkar would fit in such a batsman in the midst of Pujara, Kohli and Rahane. He is brilliant player and yes I saw him when he first made his debut and if I remember correctly he scored a hundred too. Good to know he has found his way somewhere else but what is disappointing is the PCB and selectors' towards certain players. One cannot succeed with such an attitude.

Good to see the left arm seamer Mir being given a debut although on a lifeless pitch. Out of interest, is Hasan Ali injured as well? Did he have phenomenal numbers in Tests when he played last?

I'm keen to see how NZ nurture Bracewell. He is playing as a bowler in the ongoing test but if I remember correctly he has better numbers domestically with the bat than ball.

Coming back to Pakistan, they should nurture Faheem and Nawaz just as Australia did with Green or India did with Hardik and Jadeja and even doing right now with Axar and Sundar because these two (Faheem and Nawaz) can bring in a lot of balance to the team and give options on a day like these where your main bowlers seem clueless.

Users who are viewing this thread