Patch General discussion

Guys sorry for my ignorance when the patch is released will it be available directly when you are logged in into the servers? As i stay in India i really don't know how this thing works. And also the AI needs to bowl more on the off-side rather than always drifting down on to the legs of the batsman. P.S i have stopped pursuing career mode as an when the patch comes you will have to restart it again so just fiddling around with the game.

MAttW did mention that while bowling the pace seemed steady. I sincerely hope @BigAntStudios have fixed the bowler's pace issue (i.e.. getting knackered after 4-5 overs and bowling 125Kmph for the rest of the match). I totally love the new bowling experience other than this stamina issue.

First of all, I'm really enjoying the game. I'm absolutely terrible at batting on pro, but even I can see my own improvements as my playtime increases. What impresses me the most is how the cerebral aspect to the game, a fundamental of real life cricket, manifests itself brilliantly. I find myself thinking about how I'm going to construct an innings, or how I'm going to get someone out. And it's glorious.

However.

I wholeheartedly agree regarding the bowling stamina issue. I'm really enjoying the game but for obvious reasons it really affects the immersion factor when your top pace bowler is sending down 68mph pie chuckers only three or four overs into a test match. Hope to hear some official word on this issue from Ross.

The pie chucking may or not be my fault*

*is definitely my fault.

I've got xbox live, it was just an error, my internet disconnected as I was downloading the patch, I had a few problems with my internet last week.
Just because I don't have this patch it doesn't mean that I won't be able to download the next patch? Does it?

Hey, sorry, should have been more specific, I wasn't referring to your situation...

If the patch didn't download it should prompt you to download again next time you start the game while you are connected to xbox live. If it doesn't then I'm guessing the patch did at some point download correctly?

I've had downloads fail before (patches) and they ALWAYS started again the next time I started the game.

If it didnt, then you will somehow need to find a way to clear the cache or something, to get that half a patch removed, then it should download again.

I would be worried if the first one didn't download correctly and the 2nd one does, you could run into some dependancy issues, unless patch 2 overrides and does not append, in which case you should be fine.

What all are the changes in the patch? If it is already posted somewhere please direct me towards it? thanks

Never have i seen so many posts about how to update a patch - Its 2014 guys - Seriously !! :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

I know it's been mentioned before by a few others but I cannot remember or find Ross' response to it so i'll ask again.

In Tour and competition mode you cannot select the stadium you wish to play at, will this be changed in a future patch?

I know it's been mentioned before by a few others but I cannot remember or find Ross' response to it so i'll ask again.

In Tour and competition mode you cannot select the stadium you wish to play at, will this be changed in a future patch?

It definitely will be, an oversight I'm not happy with :(

Expect it in patch#2

when can we expect the first patch for the game ? :)

If suppose you are planning to include the bowling meter in online, could you please have a option while hosting the game like enable bowling assistance on/off .

when can we expect the first patch for the game ? :)

If suppose you are planning to include the bowling meter in online, could you please have a option while hosting the game like enable bowling assistance on/off .
First patch should be coming by the end of this week or next

I'm really looking forward to getting my career started when the patch drops but to be honest I'm still having a blast without the patch! I decided many moons ago not to get too upset about video games and just enjoy them for what they are. Great work Ross and the team! I think its great that you come on here and actually listen to what your customers think. :thumbs

Off topic but I'm a big fan of your Rugby League games too!

Last edited:
a lot Problems in online matches

1. Front Foot Agressive Shot to Fast bowler , screen goes blank and game never comeback so no way to continue the same match.

2. Some time I defend the ball, ball go through from ground into fielder hand but umpires gives it as Caught

3. Some time no way for batsman to go back to his crease even if i press cancel run many times, batsman dont move to go back to his crease and get stumped out.

Please note i played a lot matches and I am in top 10 in online game rankings

kindly look into these issues and fix them.

Would the patch resolve bowler stamina issues. For example bowler stamina is never regenerated after lunch break, tea break or after end of days play.

Thanks for a great game & great support. Cheers!!! :cheers:cheers

@BigAntStudios. Two questions, can we see either a "season" mode (a bit like your initial career mode plan) or can you allow us to create a full season ourselves in CA? Also would like to see more than 16 team competitions. Just let me be able to play a domestic/international season (i.e Cricket Captain). Also can I port my career player over to the CA and use him elsewhere?

@BigAntStudios. Two questions, can we see either a "season" mode (a bit like your initial career mode plan) or can you allow us to create a full season ourselves in CA? Also would like to see more than 16 team competitions. Just let me be able to play a domestic/international season (i.e Cricket Captain). Also can I port my career player over to the CA and use him elsewhere?

Would be great to create a season. Hey, I'd be happy if this even ended up a feature of a future PS4 release later in the year. Would also be awesome if you could assign other friends (online or off-line) to play in it with you too.

Users who are viewing this thread