Patch General discussion

With regard to the whole batsmen bowling too often issue, I've noticed that when you create a player there doesn't seem to be anywhere you can choose what type of player they are. You just seem to assign stats but the AI just seems to choose anyone at random to bowl regardless of ability.

Maybe having clear roles i.e. Batsman, Batting A-R, Bowling A-R, WK, Bowler would help avoid the problem?

With regard to the whole batsmen bowling too often issue, I've noticed that when you create a player there doesn't seem to be anywhere you can choose what type of player they are. You just seem to assign stats but the AI just seems to choose anyone at random to bowl regardless of ability.

Maybe having clear roles i.e. Batsman, Batting A-R, Bowling A-R, WK, Bowler would help avoid the problem?

No. The issue (that only exists in career mode) was established a while ago, it's being fixed in the patch.

And players do have roles assigned in the Academy. They have a bowler, batsmen, or all rounder icon.

No. The issue (that only exists in career mode) was established a while ago, it's being fixed in the patch.

And players do have roles assigned in the Academy. They have a bowler, batsmen, or all rounder icon.

Thanks. Where do you change the icon or does it do it when stats are assigned?
Also, does the patch fix include where bowlers score hundreds but the top order collapses to silly shots?

Thanks. Where do you change the icon or does it do it when stats are assigned?
Also, does the patch fix include where bowlers score hundreds but the top order collapses to silly shots?

The icon/role automatically changes on their attributes.

The patch addresses the batsmen/bowler issues in career mode. As for the silly shots, I can't say.

The icon/role automatically changes on their attributes.

The patch addresses the batsmen/bowler issues in career mode. As for the silly shots, I can't say.

either way the batsman should get more runs as the fielding will be toned down after the patch so it will be slightly more forgiving. However playing on veteran in career with the defaults did result in batsman keeping their wicket better for me, although I still question the bowling changes.

The career mode 'glitch' only relates to not using the on-disc teams. The on-disc attributes aren't 100% reflective of the real-life link in some cases.

When is this patch expected to release? I dont know about anyone else but these bugs are a game breaker for me personally. Last night i had two ridiculous stumpings on defensive shot, and that is only one example out of many. I am struggling on pro, as it is. Last thing I need is these stupid run outs/stumpings.

I don't understand how all this mess got into the final version of a game which was supposedly five years in development...

When is this patch expected to release? I dont know about anyone else but these bugs are a game breaker for me personally. Last night i had two ridiculous stumpings on defensive shot, and that is only one example out of many. I am struggling on pro, as it is. Last thing I need is these stupid run outs/stumpings.

I don't understand how all this mess got into the final version of a game which was supposedly five years in development...

Not had a single issue with run outs myself. I simply hold R2 (PS3) to run fast and press circle when I don't want a run. Always works fine.

Not had a single issue with run outs myself. I simply hold R2 (PS3) to run fast and press circle when I don't want a run. Always works fine.

But still then the fielders are very quicker to throw back to stumps even if you run or don't so eventually you get out.....

Press R2 after pressing circle doesn't do any good :noway

Pressing R2 and Circle minimizes the run outs. But fielders are super fast.

Matt told that fielder's speed has been toned down in the patch.

Will say the patch is essential for my trigger happy running play style. But it should hopefully be imminent. Only real gripe besides that is the inability to play in front of square against spinners. Not a gamebreaker, nothing truly is.

Problems in online matches

1. Front Foot Agressive Shot (Specially straight drive) to bowlers , screen goes black and game never comeback so no way to continue the same match.

2. Some time I defend the ball, ball go through from ground into fielder hand but umpires gives it as Caught

3. Some time no way for batsman to go back to his crease even if i press cancel run many times, batsman dont move to go back to his crease and get stumped out.

:facepalm:mad

Big Ant team, please note these problems and fix them

Same here. I have yet to have a runout. I had a stumping the very first match I played but then I learned my lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread