Patch General discussion

Its only the Xbox slim model that the WiFi comes built-in. On the standard Xbox (White/Fat model) you have to buy a WiFi receiver accessory to use WiFi.

Why does he needs WIFI. XBOX doesn't support wired connection? If he is going to his friend's place, I hope he can connect through Ethernet wire coming out of the modem. :spy

Why does he needs WIFI. XBOX doesn't support wired connection? If he is going to his friend's place, I hope he can connect through Ethernet wire coming out of the modem. :spy

I have no clue what you are saying.

How about just telling me where i can get the patch ,wont that save everyone time and be a great help.

Help ? What help ??

You said that you don't have any mates with an XBOX so that wouldn't work. I was trying to help the situation by letting you know that you don't need to rely on someone else owning an XBOX.

I was telling you that you don't need friends with an XBOX. You could go to a friends house that has a Wi-Fi connection, and then connect to their Wi-Fi connection with your XBOX, which you have physically taken to their house. You can either connect via wireless or via ethernet cable.

You said that you don't have any mates with an XBOX so that wouldn't work. I was trying to help the situation by letting you know that you don't need to rely on someone else owning an XBOX.

I was telling you that you don't need friends with an XBOX. You could go to a friends house that has a Wi-Fi connection, and then connect to their Wi-Fi connection with your XBOX, which you have physically taken to their house. You can either connect via wireless or via ethernet cable.

Tsudanie:I need to drive to new york but I cant drive

Snowy :Go to a friends car get in and buckle up - it's a plessure for my amazing advice

----------

Tsudanie:I need to drive to new york but I cant drive

Snowy :Go to a friends car get in and buckle up - it's a plessure for my amazing advice

So I plug it in and them?

Have you never updated a game before?

Nope

Only Rugby Challenge but someone was kind enough to send a link to the patch and a step by step guide how to do it.

I plugged the usb into my xbox and copied it over.

I was hoping for something like that but Snowy insist on giving me stupid tips.

Nope

Only Rugby Challenge but someone was kind enough to send a link to the patch and a step by step guide how to do it.

Wow you are not a pleasant individual. You got the 100% correct answer from snowy.

my mum is 75 and she could figure out how to update an Xbox. It's made for children to be able to use it.

If you can't get internet access you can't update the game. Simple.

Nope

I'm guessing that what you actually updated was was not a patch, it was a saved game with the real teams? unfortunately this isn't even remotely the same.

What you would need to do is get internet connection somehow, this really is the only way, this isn't like PC games where patches are downloaded as a executable file, in other words, you can't get the patch separately. If you are connected to the internet and xbox live, and you start the game, it will tell you that it needs to install a patch, you dont really have to do anything other than wait.

I think people are less likely to attempt to help you if they get opprobrium for trying...

Or if he communicated the actual problem.

Trying to be genuinely helpful and I get told to sod off. Delightful.

This isn't a WiFi issue. It's a user issue.

Last edited:
When I tried to download the day one patch for my Xbox, it failed to download. Is this the reason that my online gameplay's really laggy or is it just because of my internet connection?
Can I redownload the patch? If so, how?

Well lets just get straight to the point then... If you dont have internet you can't patch the game, the only thing that can be "copied" is saved games.

Well lets just get straight to the point then... If you dont have internet you can't patch the game, the only thing that can be "copied" is saved games.

I've got xbox live, it was just an error, my internet disconnected as I was downloading the patch, I had a few problems with my internet last week.
Just because I don't have this patch it doesn't mean that I won't be able to download the next patch? Does it?

Users who are viewing this thread