PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

handsome

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How highly skilled is your bowler, what difficulty are you playing on and what match type are you playing? A bad spin bowler will only get about that, as will a bowler if you are bowling on legend and rotate more than 3 times.
Hi Matt, thanks for the reply.

Difficulty: Rookie
Bowler: Shane Warne
Match: ODI
Pitch: Assisting Spin Bowling
Total Rotations: 3 ( Ending at perfect)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It might be a stupid question, but are you rotating the right way? For Leg spinners counter clockwise rotation is needed.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
And have you actually checked the assigned skills? Just because the player is named Shane Warne doesn't mean they are automatically assigned the correct skills by the creator

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
When the rpm is around 400-450, then the most issue in the process of spin..

Select delivery- Select length- Start rotating 3 times- Release using RAS

I had the issue when I got the game then corrected it with Angad's spin detail thread.....

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
180 RPM would be an indicator of bowling wrong, so any number higher than that shows you've done something right.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And have you actually checked the assigned skills? Just because the player is named Shane Warne doesn't mean they are automatically assigned the correct skills by the creator
not sure but i think you can get higher revs than that even with "poor" skills?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
not sure but i think you can get higher revs than that even with "poor" skills?

Entirely possible , good message in general though to check skills. I've seen a fair few instances of people saying 'I was bowling with Shane Warne' or 'I was batting with Sangakarra' - ultimately the names mean nothing.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Entirely possible , good message in general though to check skills. I've seen a fair few instances of people saying 'I was bowling with Shane Warne' or 'I was batting with Sangakarra' - ultimately the names mean nothing.

True... Other issue with a lot of spinners is way back before release one version of the academy beta reversed spinner types so a lot of finger spinners ended up as wrist spinners and vice versa - can lead to you spinning the analog stick the wrong way if you're not paying attention.

The academy is great but too many people either don't understand it fully (and it's pitfalls) or they are too lazy to check anyway and it makes this place very frustrating at times...

handsome

International Coach
Thank you for the reply guys. The issue is sorted after watching the following video

My incorrect process

a. Select the type of delivery (e.g. Leg spin)
b. Choose the length
c. Rotate the stick 3 times and give direction via RAS( 400- 450 RPM

Correct Process
a. Select the type of delivery
b. Keep the LAS pressed for the type of delivery selected, choose the length while keeping LAS pressed, start rotating 3 times as the bowler approaches the pitch and then direction via RAS

I had to keep the LAS pressed while choosing the length and rotate it 3 times to get perfect spin. This process of keeping it pressed was either never mentioned or i skipped it.

Apologies for the trouble and thank you for the replies

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Correct Process
a. Select the type of delivery
b. Keep the LAS pressed for the type of delivery selected, choose the length while keeping LAS pressed, start rotating 3 times as the bowler approaches the pitch and then direction via RAS

I had to keep the LAS pressed while choosing the length and rotate it 3 times to get perfect spin. This process of keeping it pressed was either never mentioned or i skipped it.

Apologies for the trouble and thank you for the replies

Even I didn't knew that, thanks to the person who made that video and thanks to you as well for description.

jawad hemani

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Regarding my last post, which has been removed by the admin, i want to clarify that i really didn't meant to encourage piracy. Infact i have had alot of conversations with many people here, discouraging piracy. The staff should have a look at all my posts. I have been waiting for an answer for 40 odd days but still haven't got a clear answer. If i did hurt anybody, especially Big Ant, i want to say sorry but i really didn't meant it.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@fiction
Graphics: Everything at low and all the tick options are also disabled
Resolution: 1600*900
Issue: Picture in Picture doesnt work at low settings..Only "WK" comes at the bottom and remaining things doesnt come...

If a pic is required I can attach it...

2015-04-06_00001.jpg

Last edited:

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Yea experienced the same, but I guess that is what is suppose to happen at low graphics setting, I reckon?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yea experienced the same, but I guess that is what is suppose to happen at low graphics setting, I reckon?
Reducing the graphics should make the graphics in game low not the HUD as people would need them no matter at what level of setting...And another thing I would post later today is the transparent batsman becomes totally invisible under such settings....

Users who are viewing this thread