PCNL News Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
@Zorax: If you're still a FA,would you like to be our star player?
Basically,it means that you are being preferred to all the top cricketers in the world.

----------

Woops,he shouldn't be a PC member,my bad.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can Hamza learn to put full stops and not use caps at the start of every letter?

@Aditya: Haarithan, Hedger, Sartaj, is that all the quality players?

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Prats is the 'Virat Kohli' of our team - emerging talent of the year. And Aditya himself is quality's well! ;)

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
There's only one Virat Kohli and that's Tarun. :rolleyes

----------

Also,everyone can have all these discussions in our team thread. :thumbs

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz shellshocked!

Just hours ago Simbazz, former Melbourne and Dublin favourite, has made his disgust known to the world. The Cricket league Tycoon who famously brought the old, dusty PCCL league into the modern era by tagging onto it an "IPL - Style," limited overs competition has said that some of the naming in the new National League is "horrendous!"

"Look, sometimes you've got a great crop of people who just instantly know how to make bold moves and succeed. I've been around team leaders who've named their teams Downright Donkeys, Dublin Destroyers and no one can forget the Melbourne Bitters."

When asked about what he thought of the frenzy that the re-incarnation of PlanetCricket's new Cricsim league has caused, he said, "Well, its daft. You've got hardly any big players (members) heading up teams. I've put my allegiance with Colin (barmyarmy) as he's really the only one who knows how to run a team, he knows the handshakes and the back entries (he's been around the cheap, half male/half female cheerleaders for long enough who, if reports are to be believed, were paid in kinds). There isn't one other team I'd hold my hand up and say, YES, I want to play for you.

Before Simbazz left on his luxury Yacht (paid for purely by his own league, PCPL) he had this to say, "Without sounding like the best player out there, I think its safe to say that top run scorer has already been sorted. Me. I say this with utmost confidence as I've not picked up a bat in years, even without practise I'm twice the batsmen of any of 'em who play regularly!"

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Rumours
The Rumour Is That Hamza Has Quit SS.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Dozy Doosra begin to send out contracts

As a reward to the players who have requested to play for the Dozy Doosras we have begun to send out contracts that will make our players very rich. We feel it is important to reward players who wanted to play for the side early. Players picked up in the draft will not be eligible for such lucrative contracts.
Contracts include payments for wins, runs, wickets, a sign-on fee and of course a hefty bonus should the team win the league.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Aditya joins DD's​

Aditya, one of the better players of PCNL, who was previously managing SS has taken a surprise decision of leaving SS and joining the DD's. It is said that Colin (DD owner) gave him a good offer and Aditya happily accepted. It is also being said that this decision came due to some experienced members of SS leaving the side. Aditya decided that now there was no point of him continuing with the team and so he left the team as well. Now, the interesting thing will be to see how does he perform for the DD's. Earlier, surprisingly he mentioned that he isn't fan of match fixing but now he has joined the team which is being said to have some connections with the "underworld". Will Aditya fix matches or not, who knows?

jdeus

FTP World League Div 2 Champion S13
Jay Ar signs for DD's

RFM bowler Jay Ar can confirm signing for DD just moments ago. He is believed to be delighted at finally confirming himself as a PCNL player at DD's.

Jay Ar will be joining up with his old club SS manager Aditya and this is to be believed as a major factor for him signing. Although other sources suggest that a lack of other offers was the underlining reason.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Smurf begins Samurai Training

Papa Smurf, the only talented fast bowler in the PCNL, and the first one in history to master the notorious art of 'Smore Baking', has been one of the latest signing for 'The Legendary Samurai Penguins'.

In order to prepare himself for the season, reports claim, the talented fast bowler has journeyed to the Antartica to start a rigiouros training scheme. Sources close to the bowler have said he was determined to prove his worth as a Samurai.

Local inhabitants of a village in the South Pole claim they saw the bolwer practice slip-fielding with razor-sharp shurikens rather than cricket balls. "I'm proud of him", claimed legendardy star player Norris. "This is exactly the sort of attitude we need in the team. I say he should take it one step further, and practice diving on the slippery hard ice. With swords!"

"Err, I think he's taken the name too literally" stated team manager MaD. "Just too confirm, we aren't actual Samurais. Or penguins for that matter."

Turn to page 45 for futher reading

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Hamza Quits SS
In An Interview With The Sun Hamza 2000 Clearly Said That He Has Quit ss And He Will be Joining The Alliance.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Dozy Doosras announce captain - ZoraxDoom landed with job

"Just how far will virtual money go?" has been the question on everyone's lips.
"I guess that virtual money goes a long way," reflected a bitter J?ger Bomb owner CG123 only moments ago.
The King of amassing ill-gotten virtual gains through cricsim, ZoraxDoom, gave his seal of approval to the DD money-making venture too remarking "I have a feeling I'm being ripped off".
The definitive answer on just how far virtual money would go was provided by the Pie-in-the-sky Penguins whose offer of:
"Whatever DD offered you + 10 million extra every day" had economists throughout Planetcricket scratching their heads and the Planetcricket Bank (total assets 3.5m vcash) tightening security.
An inside source at DD explained the side's complex pay structure for us:
"Basically we can't afford for the team so win any matches, score any runs or take any wickets. In fact we'll probably have to forfeit most our games for financial reasons." The Doosra's accounts department were said to be in hiding last night.
ZoraxDoom though had a smile on his face as he collected his wheelbarrow full of vcash taking care to hide the identical serial numbers. "It's all about the fans (and the children)" he explained as he drove off in his Mercedes SLR.
A worried looking rep from the local car dealership was later seen wandering round the ground asking to talk to "someone from finance" about "funny money".

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Three teams make it official
Three teams, the J?ger Bombers, The Dozy Doosras and The Legendary Samurai Penguins have been officially welcomed into the PCNL championship, leaving the remaining teams to fight it out for a week to be the final two in this 5 team competition.

The two remaining teams showing themselves to be the biggest by means of post count will qualify, but will they be just left with scraps in the draft? Find out soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread