Pitch sliders - Asked the question for C22, now onto initial tinkering and discussion

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I took 4 screenshots if 4 days of a test match at Sabina Park (test didn't go to the 5th day). There was a noticeable difference in how the pitch looked on days 1 and 4. Very clear wear.

Now the question is does it actually affect gameplay or is it cosmetic?

travder92

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is purely anecdotal of course as I haven't investigated it properly, but I 'feel' like pitch wear makes some difference. I was bowling with my career spinner and hitting footmarks on a day 2 pitch and it looked to me like I was getting unpredictable bounce and extra spin from it.

Grain of salt, but there is some hope maybe..

ConfusedMonkk

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pace min and max speed under Physics setting does have impact on the overall gameplay. Especially the arm ball/sliders are vicious when you change these settings to anything from 60 and above. I typically set these settings to 35 and 65.

Another thing i have been experimenting is the bowling quality and bounce. The higher you go with bowling quality for AI, shorter the length of the deliveries that the AI typically bowl with. I found the bowling quality of about 85-88 with pitch and ball bounce around 35 yields satisfactory result. Along with these settings, i also set the short ball length to 30. With all these settings i get appropriate amount of bounce on all pitches.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Pace min and max speed under Physics setting does have impact on the overall gameplay. Especially the arm ball/sliders are vicious when you change these settings to anything from 60 and above. I typically set these settings to 35 and 65.

Another thing i have been experimenting is the bowling quality and bounce. The higher you go with bowling quality for AI, shorter the length of the deliveries that the AI typically bowl with. I found the bowling quality of about 85-88 with pitch and ball bounce around 35 yields satisfactory result. Along with these settings, i also set the short ball length to 30. With all these settings i get appropriate amount of bounce on all pitches.
Top draw feedback. I finally got C22 today and was struggling to get the pitches to behave as anything other than a trampoline.

That'll be because I've ragged the AI bowling quality right up into the 90s, perhaps.

So many fun and games to be had with sliders and how they are link up

hadz2567

Club Captain
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but currently I am using the sliders that Wealey and Ken suggested on the General Chat.

Can anyone please share the best sliders to use for ODI and T20? :)

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but currently I am using the sliders that Wealey and Ken suggested on the General Chat.

Can anyone please share the best sliders to use for ODI and T20? :)
What are those sliders?

Black328

School Cricketer
Can someone share with me the best settings for a realistic game be it test ? T20 or odi !!
But cricket experience feels very real ! Can someone share the entire settings and slider screenshot

Tracerbullet

School Cricketer
Hi guys
Any slider settings to spin ball more in day 5 grassy/dry pitch...
Like what is slider settings tht impact spin of ball

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys
Any slider settings to spin ball more in day 5 grassy/dry pitch...
Like what is slider settings tht impact spin of ball
Spin bowling revolutions will help the ball spin more, though there are others sliders that can also help, like pitch friction.

Tracerbullet

School Cricketer
Spin bowling revolutions will help the ball spin more, though there are others sliders that can also help, like pitch friction
If u ball on rough patches due to wear of day 5 pitch ..is it actually spinning more?...I didn't feel so

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Hard to know. I've not had a game go that far yet, but pitch wear and it's actual effects on gameplay are still being looked at.

You may be right tho.

Tracerbullet

School Cricketer
Hard to know. I've not had a game go that far yet, but pitch wear and it's actual effects on gameplay are still being looked at.

You may be right tho.
Also in test I observed for spinners if u keep short leg and leg slip ball to stumps ai will give catch to short leg or leg slip at hard difficulty especially if I am bowling as Nathan lyon

Users who are viewing this thread