Planet Cricket Tournament Format

Which format do you prefer?

• Total voters

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The time has come to think about the format of this competition.. ive put my hand up to run it (Pending results in the West Indies U19s election which i most likely wont win) and according to WC, Max wishes to have a break from running it as i did also (Please note WC said this and we all know he has been known to mislead everyone from time to time :p)

There are three formats I will propose and any other suggestions will be noted also

World Cup Format
Like the soccer world cup, will make very uneven matches in the groups but the knockout stage will be quite entertaining

Promo/Demo Format
Will create very even matches but a top team will be required more often than not.. this will also finish with a final. This format will have groups of 4 to make sure we dont run out of time like last year

League Format
This will see teams divided into leagues of about 8 ordered in terms of strength.. teams will not need to play top side as often but this would see less competitive match ups. Also each league would be considered more personal

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and remember your vote will be very important as to how this competition runs

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not quitting so if Max has decided to take a break from it then it will be me and you running it. ;)

My vote would go to Promo/Demo Format or League Format, haven't decided yet.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
I just assumed it was Max cause i rarely saw you post anything official lol, we need to get the tournament back to how it once was that is for sure

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
I just assumed it was Max cause i rarely saw you post anything official lol, we need to get the tournament back to how it once was that is for sure

I did alot of the work behind the scenes such as help with fixtures, get results, helped with the groups etc.

My vote goes to the League Format.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Well to create more interest I think a round overview would certainly go along way, maybe even a player of the tournament sort of thing. I plan on getting alot of involvement in the higher divisions including vbookie events on the final and its own thread and lead up so on

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well to create more interest I think a round overview would certainly go along way, maybe even a player of the tournament sort of thing. I plan on getting alot of involvement in the higher divisions including vbookie events on the final and its own thread and lead up so on

Why only on final, we should have it from the 1st match .

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
WC that is just silly.. noone will bet on each game, plus im sure vbookie staff have better things to do

Highlander999

ICC President

Oh cheers, for checking with me Chris. As if I didn't have enough work as it is :p

Highlander999 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

WC that is just silly.. noone will bet on each game, plus im sure vbookie staff have better things to do

Yep, a wee bit of human sacrifice, and the montly shaving of Jaz's hair.

I like the World Cup Format idea, personally

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I am not silly, many members will bet and it will be more than some events.

BT Vbookie events are much better than some of Crap events. I will talk with Admins so that i can do , if Vbookie members are too lazy to do this

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Battrick Fantasy Cricket :p

My preferred format is leading but i wouldnt mind running any of the options as i think they will all work well

Highlander999

ICC President
I am not silly, many members will bet and it will be more than some events.

BT Vbookie events are much better than some of Crap events. I will talk with Admins so that i can do , if Vbookie members are too lazy to do this

WTF? All this is your completely mis-guided opinion of course.

Look at it this way. Say, I play vs Griffo. Who is going to bet? Myself, Griffo (and obviously you :rolleyes:) That is it.

Do you even realise how much effort the vBookie Team put into creating events? You obviously don't, otherwise you wouldn't say that. Grow up and try and get some small grip on reality. Most people have lives outside of PC and I will not be creating however many events just to see a couple of people bet on it, I am too busy for that.

Run off to the admins if you want and moan to them if this is an issue for you

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The point of the PC league was mainly about having a friendly each week. To be honest I think it always will be, because most of the time the event is scrapped before any sort of climax. Knockout tournaments and such tend to undermine that.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Nice to see that I've been kicked out of the running of the competition.....

Apparently you said you Avroneel that you wanted to have a rest from it. If you didn't say that then just clear this up, my friend. :)

Oh and Tom, if you don't want the extra workload then I can do it for you as I can do vBookie events anyway. That's if you don't want to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread