PlanetCricket Ashes Cricket 2009 second Q&A

P

pcfan123

I have as much a right to bitch and moan as you do to kiss their ass. To each their own.

I never said I want them to release it here, just a yes or no, will it work. They cant even say that. Codemasters emailed me saying its region free but they will not guarantee that it will work in all regions. That is why I find this all so frustrating

ganapati

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
:pdemo will determine my desicion to keep preorder or not:cheers. Hopefully, won't change my mind;).

Sureshot

Executive member
I'm not kissing anyone's arse (given they are a competitor to a company I work for...) I was being sympathetic from a business POV and thinking rationally.

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great interview, I wish I had read this earlier...

Must say they seem good blokes - top questions and honest detailed responses - very informative and it gives a real insight into the development team and where they are trying to go with this game.

It's very promising that they seem to be in it for the long run and that they are focusing on gameplay first and then all the 'bells and whistles' can follow later.

I guess I'm a typical cricket fan who loves the game but like everyone else has been extremely frustrated over the years by the lack of progress of cricket video games and false dawns.. but it seems from reading this article that the developers have felt just like us but they have had the opportunity to do something about it.....I guess we just have to wait a few weeks to see if they have managed to nail it....

ballers101

Club Cricketer
I have as much a right to bitch and moan as you do to kiss their ass. To each their own.

I never said I want them to release it here, just a yes or no, will it work. They cant even say that. Codemasters emailed me saying its region free but they will not guarantee that it will work in all regions. That is why I find this all so frustrating

Okay I have one question for you.

What the hell is wrong with you? You act like some 3 year old who keeps annoying everyone in the forum like seriously. You heard what Codemasters had to say. I mean think about it logically why would they even want the game released in North America it doesn't make any sense they would lose so much money plus it wouldn't even get that many fans in. If you truly want the game just ship in from UK because it's suppose to work fine because it is region free. So just chill and stop acting like a baby.

Btw they are finally talking about releasing cricket games in North America that is a pretty big deal from when there was a time where people didn't even care about cricket in North America.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

I never said to release the game in North America. Learn to read and then respond appropriately.

Eon

Club Cricketer
off topic much... lol. good read though haha.

anyway
Levels of bounce are related to the speed of the ball. On easier difficulty levels this is slower (to allow the batsman more time to react). On hard you are basically at real life delivery speed. Bounce is also related to the weather conditions, the day, and the particular pitch you are bowling at.
That sounds good... that sounds the main thing I was hoping for not too be like BLIC07 shall be fixed... awesome. Just under three weeks for everyone in aus... which kind of sucks lol. Cant wait though. hopefully it comes in before then... should be sweet.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
All that stuff sounds as though it will sit well with the 'NG' consoles, but will all those improvements be in the PC version? The very last thing we want is some watered down version because someone gets it inside their head that the PC can't handle it, like those idiots at EA! I ask this because 'something different happens with every ball' sounds like the sort of feature EA would happily put in the 'NG' version of Fifa, but not the PC.

Someone please confirm, for the absolute last time, that the PC/Xbox 360/PS3 versions are one and the same? :upray

ballers101

Club Cricketer
I never said to release the game in North America. Learn to read and then respond appropriately.

All right you got me there but it is true that you continue to say that the game might not work. I have told you from time to time. If a game is region free that means it can be played on any console in any region of the world. The reason why they say it we cannot guarantee is because they haven't tested if it is region free. Like honestly how can they confirm it. Send some random dude in the states a copy of Ashes Cricket and ask if it works fine or not?
They cannot guarantee this but they are 99% sure that this game will work just because they say that they cannot guarantee this does not necessarily mean it isn't true its just they haven't tested it out. So just chill for like 2 weeks and wait to find out if it works or not man. I highly highly doubt it won't work trust me on this.

P

pcfan123

Fair enough, I have pre-orderded long ago, all this talk about regions got me a bit worried that I might have wasted my money. Time shall tell now....

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Someone please confirm, for the absolute last time, that the PC/Xbox 360/PS3 versions are one and the same?
Yes. I think the Xbox 360 version is the one that the other two were ported from. The keyboard controls on PC sounded odd when it was explained to me, so I'd suggest getting a game pad if you don't have one already.

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
luckily i have a gamepad! and Excellent Interview mate!!
My respect for Transmission has increased even more after reading this review and i am getting this game no matter what it's turning out to be!

cheers!:cheers

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yes. I think the Xbox 360 version is the one that the other two were ported from. The keyboard controls on PC sounded odd when it was explained to me, so I'd suggest getting a game pad if you don't have one already.

Many thanks, you have made my day! My Xbox 360 pad eagerly awaits the PC demo...

Users who are viewing this thread