Story Political Nightmare - Zimbabwe ICC05

Normal, I'll put up a screen shot if you'd like.

levelproofim4.png

Zimbabwe vs India, 2nd ODI, 7th November 2005

A slight change to the line-up replacing keepers in order to score more runs from that position due to poor form.

zimvsind405vh4.png

A blistering performance from Ganguly (162*) left Zimbabwe wreeling as India power on to 289 for 2.
But in a miraculous turn of events this happened....

zimvsind405resultnd8.png

A blistering performance by Maungwa (120 off 99) helped push Zimbabwe to yet another ODI series victory with one game to go.

zimvsind405resultrrpg9.png

2-0 to Zimbabwe, yet another one in the bag!

Last edited:
Thankyou play will resume tomorrow.

Btw I can't remember but on ICC05 does it have the World Cup every 4 years?

I am shocked to see that Sourav's knock went in vain :eek: Btw, i have seen u only in BT forums.. Nice to see u in stories too.. Gud luck with the remaining part :cheers

Thanks surendar, I got bored with playing ICC05 for no reason and thought Id make it interesting with a story.

Seems its getting a few readers eh?

Zimbabwe vs India, 3rd ODI, 9th November 2005

Yet another change in the line-up, form based again, new bowler selected.

zimvsind505eb9.png

A good bowling performance from Zimbabwe restricts India and takes a few wickets.
But the batting leaves a lot to be desired given the previous game.

zimvsind505resultpn3.png

Zimbabwe had a good start but a shakey middle although towards the end made it ahead of the RR but simply ran out of wickets.

zimvsind505resultrrql1.png

Another successful series for Zimbabwe.

A Test series draw and an ODI series victory.

zimvsindtestsumvi1.png

zimvsindodisumhi2.png

Watch out soon as Zimbabwe go down under to face New Zealand in hope of repeating their home heroics.

Last edited:
Here we are again as Zimbabwe tour New Zealand.

This is the squad I have taken.

zimvnzsquadau1.png

Can New Zealand distill revenge on Zimbabwe??

Central Districts vs Zimbabwe, 3 Day Friendly, 10th December 2005

And heres the line-up,

nzvszim105lf1.png

A poor bowling display by Zimbabwe left a lot to be desired however the batting showed some promise and could leave them in good stead for a draw.

nzvszim105resultjd9.png

New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, 1st Test, 17th December 2005

Yet another slight tweak to the team, hopefully to aid both batting and bowling.

nzvszim205st1.png

Well what a game of cricket! The first day saw rain, rued chances and eventually redemption.
By day 3 after an innings a piece only 42 runs seperated the teams, a close finale was in order.... or was it??
A monumentous bowling effort skittled Zimbabwe to 74-5, however a record breaking partnership by Vermeulen and Ewing of 192 set Zimbabwe up with a sizeable lead on the last day to try bowl New Zealand out.
Incredibly New Zealand suffered the same fate as Zimbabwe and fell to 77-5 before their dogged batting effort to save the game.
As the game drew deep into the last session New Zealand were 200-8 still needing 82 runs for victory, they defended stubbornly but couldn't stop the eventual defeat only 2.3 overs from safety.

nzvszim205resultjx4.png

Last edited:
Zim unlucky to lose agaisn't India but another 2 points in the ODI table and a solid test draw ;) After this tour can you get a screenie of the points table?

Sorry I was half way through the NZ match to see the comment.

I'll put it up after this series.

When I have even more points :p

Actually I think England are like 5th!!!

So that would mean they have won some mathes!!

Have you read my NZ games above??

Users who are viewing this thread