Post your questions about the game here!

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
3 mistakes need in cricket to make more closer with DBC

1- the cricket ball should have auto break when comes to near the boundary
2- Every grounded fielder should be as lazy as Injamam
3- Apart from bowling bowler should be super wall for straight shots .

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Take it in reverse order ,

3 things need to improve

1- the cricket ball should be smooth while reaching to the boundary not getting the friction
2- Every grounded fielder is lazy to field the bowl and become superhuman when time to take a catch
3- Apart from bowling bowler stops every straight shots .

tassietiger420

Club Captain
Take it in reverse order ,

3 things need to improve

1- the cricket ball should be smooth while reaching to the boundary not getting the friction
2- Every grounded fielder is lazy to field the bowl and become superhuman when time to take a catch
3- Apart from bowling bowler stops every straight shots .

Ok that makes more sense. I agree that the AI fielding is pretty poor. Fielders sometimes just jog slowly towards the ball when the batsman are running and thy often dive across the boundary with the ball unnecessarily. They also do dive around a lot I agree and some of the catches just look plain impossible/unrealistic.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah But I still get AI to leave the free hit deliveries...

i have noticed, if you bowl full on 4th/5th stump exactly, the AI will always leave it. it's a bonafide exploit, albeit one hard to execute.

any wider or tighter and they will play, but there is an area where it is a guaranteed leave, regardless of innings/match situation.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
i have noticed, if you bowl full on 4th/5th stump exactly, the AI will always leave it. it's a bonafide exploit, albeit one hard to execute.

any wider or tighter and they will play, but there is an area where it is a guaranteed leave, regardless of innings/match situation.
Yeah thats there...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll note, the AI doesn't play advance shots much either. Free hit or not.

Although it's great bowling to Brendon McCullum on or around 4th stump watching him leave a free hit.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
So guys, I will be getting the game today. (I know it's late). I have few questions-
1. If I need to select Indian Domestic Cricket (like Ranji Trophy) or if I want to play IPL, should I download any patch? If so, where can I find it?
2. If I choose pure batsmen as career player, will I get to bowl at all?
3. If I choose batsmen all-rounder, can I bat at No.3 position? And I have seen in this forum that it's comparatively easy to bowl than to bat. Is it true?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If I need to select Indian Domestic Cricket (like Ranji Trophy) or if I want to play IPL, should I download any patch? If so, where can I find it?

Teams can be downloaded via the academy. If you want that domestic competition in career mode you'll need to manually set it up in the Academy.

If I choose pure batsmen as career player, will I get to bowl at all?

Initially, yes. Long term, no.

If I choose batsmen all-rounder, can I bat at No.3 position?

Sure.

And I have seen in this forum that it's comparatively easy to bowl than to bat. Is it true?

Different strokes for different folks. Some find batting hard, it's all down to how long you've played the game, like anything. More you play, easier things become.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Teams can be downloaded via the academy. If you want that domestic competition in career mode you'll need to manually set it up in the Academy.

Initially, yes. Long term, no.

Sure.

Different strokes for different folks. Some find batting hard, it's all down to how long you've played the game, like anything. More you play, easier things become.
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread