Post your questions about the game here!

AmericansLikeCricketToo

School Cricketer
Been playing this for the last couple weeks everyday. I'm a 4-star wrist spin bowler. I'm doing pretty good but I'll admit I really don't have a plan for bowling each batter. I just pretty much throw up random balls. I wish I had a better understanding and could get some hit the stumps. Idk, maybe I'm just trying to hard to bowl every batter. I've thought of that too and have been trying to get batters to hit ball to the fielders for a catch. That doesn't seem to work lately either. It's mainly they crash the ball where my fielders arent, ALWAYS! Or they play defensive and yeah today has been on the frustrating side today in the world of DBC14. Any help would be appreciated.

Zaneo

Club Captain
Been playing this for the last couple weeks everyday. I'm a 4-star wrist spin bowler. I'm doing pretty good but I'll admit I really don't have a plan for bowling each batter. I just pretty much throw up random balls. I wish I had a better understanding and could get some hit the stumps. Idk, maybe I'm just trying to hard to bowl every batter. I've thought of that too and have been trying to get batters to hit ball to the fielders for a catch. That doesn't seem to work lately either. It's mainly they crash the ball where my fielders arent, ALWAYS! Or they play defensive and yeah today has been on the frustrating side today in the world of DBC14. Any help would be appreciated.
I find using my wrongun very sparingly works well as a wicket ball. Dont be afraid to bowl outside off even short at times sometimes as a spinner i find you have to pay for your wickets with runs especially if the batsman is set im still learning playing with different lengths and lines

AmericansLikeCricketToo

School Cricketer
I find using my wrongun very sparingly works well as a wicket ball. Dont be afraid to bowl outside off even short at times sometimes as a spinner i find you have to pay for your wickets with runs especially if the batsman is set im still learning playing with different lengths and lines

What the hell is a "wrongun"??? Today I played maybe 4-5 matches. The last two games of a test series v. England then 3 one day games. Got some wickets but didn't hit the stumps not one damn time![DOUBLEPOST=1484118461][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are there any online players playing DBC 14 ? I don't see any online players. Looks like everyone have moved on to DBC 17

I still play bub. Hit me up sometime for a match if you like. My psn username is Fourteen14XIV.[DOUBLEPOST=1484118502][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are there any online players playing DBC 14 ? I don't see any online players. Looks like everyone have moved on to DBC 17

Wait...Are you on PS3 or PS4?

AmericansLikeCricketToo

School Cricketer

My players strength is the seam ball. Idk if that's good or bad or what, man! Lol I'm just starting to get into the game and I'm lost when it comes to certain things. I'd imagine it's like pitching in baseball. If the batter swings and misses on two 2-seam fastballs on the inside I'd throw a slide that starts at his belt and moves inside.

Zaneo

Club Captain
What the hell is a "wrongun"??? Today I played maybe 4-5 matches. The last two games of a test series v. England then 3 one day games. Got some wickets but didn't hit the stumps not one damn time![DOUBLEPOST=1484118461][/DOUBLEPOST]

I still play bub. Hit me up sometime for a match if you like. M

I still play bub. Hit me up sometime for a match if you like. My psn username is Fourteen14XIV.[DOUBLEPOST=1484118502][/DOUBLEPOST]

a wrongun is probably spelt differently then how i spell it,,, its the leg spinners variation ball that turns the opposite way

D

Deleted member 46200

Someone from Victoria i.e. Don't worry about that guy he's a 'wrongun' from Melbourne... ? Mother warned me many times.

D

Deleted member 46200

In cricket, a googly (or wrong 'un[1]) is a type of delivery bowled by a right-arm leg spin bowler. While a normal leg break spins from the leg to the off side, away from a right-handed batsman, a googly spins the other way, from off to leg, into a right-handed batsman (and is distinct from an off break delivery). The bowler achieves this change of spin by bending the wrist sharply from the normal leg break delivery position. When the ball rolls out of the hand (from the side near the little finger, as in a normal leg break), it emerges with clockwise spin (from the bowler's point of view). A googly may also be achieved by bowling the ball as a conventional leg break, but spinning the ball further with the fingers just before it is released.

Googly - Wikipedia

Zaneo

Club Captain
In cricket, a googly (or wrong 'un[1]) is a type of delivery bowled by a right-arm leg spin bowler. While a normal leg break spins from the leg to the off side, away from a right-handed batsman, a googly spins the other way, from off to leg, into a right-handed batsman (and is distinct from an off break delivery). The bowler achieves this change of spin by bending the wrist sharply from the normal leg break delivery position. When the ball rolls out of the hand (from the side near the little finger, as in a normal leg break), it emerges with clockwise spin (from the bowler's point of view). A googly may also be achieved by bowling the ball as a conventional leg break, but spinning the ball further with the fingers just before it is released.

Googly - Wikipedia
Ahh i didn't know the last way of bowling a "googly" I bowl legspin well back in the day

Aayush Kapoor

School Cricketer
any suggestions for someone that has just started playing? Have started playing the career mode (3 games old) as a left handed fast bowling all rounder.

As a batsman - keep getting caught behind and can't seem to get beyond 15 odd runs.

As a bowler - I manage to get a max of 2 wickets a match. The batsmen keep blocking my Yorkers.

Any suggestions?

ABHIII

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does Reset Base Value Statistics also reset 'earned' game stats?

D

Deleted member 46200

any suggestions for someone that has just started playing? Have started playing the career mode (3 games old) as a left handed fast bowling all rounder.

As a batsman - keep getting caught behind and can't seem to get beyond 15 odd runs.

As a bowler - I manage to get a max of 2 wickets a match. The batsmen keep blocking my Yorkers.

Any suggestions?
Nets, nets and more nets... Get practicing boyo. It'll pay off in the end.[DOUBLEPOST=1486903091][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haha just as well you never listened to her
Well, not really I married a Pom!

Srv69

School Cricketer
Currently i'm playing career mode in dbc 14 . Indian t20 league stucked at regular member but not played a match yet in indian t20 league

jasonguru

School Cricketer
Hi.

I have just started playing 2014 version on ps3 and have read that latest players and real team lists can be imported into the game but I only find info mostly about PC version on how to do this.

I have read tons of pages without joy and wish to know how to get real players for the teams in the game?

Pretty simple I suppose for some but I have no idea.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread