Post your questions about the game here!

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
For "personalities" sometimes you just know someone, or someone that knows someone and it works out directly and they tell their agent to just do the deal. Mostly though there are agents involved from the start and it all goes through them. I have family that know Sachin, still had to go through management though and it didn't work out. We generally only deal with people that want to be involved, if they're not emotionally attached it just never works out well in my opinion. Most sports guys are gamers and are really cool to work with.

With teams it is different, mostly you can get a competition that "owns" the rights to use player likenesses and so on. There are different collective bargaining agreements for different sports, e.g. in some sports (I cant be specific due to NDA) if you have art, say a box cover, with 4 guys on it then you pay no royalties however less than 4 and you need approval from each player and separate agreements.

----------

What kind of a freakin question is that!>!>!$#$#

You think I would be responsible for a game without taunts!

Can I request a taunt where Biggs pulls out his photo shop pictures after something cool has happen ross or maybe a mooning(yeah right):p

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We can sledge? I always wanted to walk up to gayle and say f*** you to his face. I can now virtually do that...

I wouldn't say it goes that far... taunts is what i'd rather call them.

In RLL2, for example, you could celebrate before scoring to taunt your opponent - for example holding the ball up in the air and shaking your fist etc.. an "in your face" move most used against online opponents :)

Gurjot95

National Board President
I would love if there is a button for Taunts (like Assassins Creed) that would provoke the batsman to play rash shots/reply back with a boundary or even sledge us back based on player mentaility.

I like to think way beyond details for every basic feature :p

sahilnatu

Club Captain

In RLL2, for example, you could celebrate before scoring to taunt your opponent - for example holding the ball up in the air and shaking your fist etc.. an "in your face" move most used against online opponents :)

So here it could be staring down at the batsman, after you bowl a beauty and beat his edge. Reminds me of Zaheer Khan! :yes

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would love if there is a button for Taunts (like Assassins Creed) that would provoke the batsman to play rash shots/reply back with a boundary...

That AC-Taunt feature was such a clever little detail added into the game that had ACTUAL gameplay pay-off as well. In ACII Ezio would usually say something along that as well, changed depended on what area he was in (Florence, etc). It's a feature they removed from ACIII which was another issue I had with that game - those little cute winks of the eye that made the previous titles fun was ditched in favor of freeing up a button on the contoller to button mash and speed up the fight-animations... which isn't how "real" sword-combat works anyway... but I digress...

...although, there was a button to press that allowed you to pat dogs and feed animals in ACIII, so I won't be too harsh.

The ability for a bowler (or batsman) to taunt an opponent would be neat, but actually having real AI-Based payoff to that (either that bowler delivering a shot-pitched delivery, or the batsman playing a loose shot) would give that type of function a reason and a payoff. Otherwise, leave it out...

angad

Chairman of Consent

So I can send off a batsman after taking his wicket and hope the match referee isnt watching?? ;)

----------

One qs to Ross.....are these new pics from the same build as the previous pics?? I swear these look a lot better than the previous ones!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
One qs to Ross.....are these new pics from the same build as the previous pics?? I swear these look a lot better than the previous ones!
He told me when sending them that "These are a little old" and to "not pick the hell out of them".

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
"Pick the hell outta them" That's like, on the PlanetCricket business cards...

icecoolrathor

School Cricketer
these guys are not able to release the demo with simple features and are asking questions what do you like to see in this game. Honestly, I would like to see this game being release in my life time...

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
^:cheers:cheers:cheers:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm
Do you seriously to annoy the developers of the dream cricket game? Ross and Bigant are doing a fabulous job of interacting with us and creating a wonderful game. The release timing is a matter of marketing best understood by developers. We can give our feedback but can not rather should not force their hand in this.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
these guys are not able to release the demo with simple features and are asking questions what do you like to see in this game. Honestly, I would like to see this game being release in my life time...

And if one of your father's millions of other sperm cells had visited one of your mother's millions of other eggs, or your mother or father had been born in any of the other 140,000 years that humans have been around, then you wouldn't even have a life. Someone else would have been born in your place.

Be grateful for that, even if you're not grateful for Ross and his cricket game. :thumbs

angad

Chairman of Consent
Honestly, I would like to see this game being release in my life time...

Then all I can say is do yourself a favor and stay alive till October 2013 :p!! And till then dont look at any screens or vids of this game......excitement can kill you :p

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Getting meaningful life lessons... PC.net really does offer something for everyone...

Users who are viewing this thread