Post your questions about the game here!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do you connect to another player or are you waiting for one to join? Is it when you invite someone or just waiting for a random opponent? I think @MattW has had a similar error before when we played a whole back?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Do you connect to another player or are you waiting for one to join? Is it when you invite someone or just waiting for a random opponent? I think @MattW has had a similar error before when we played a whole back?
Haven't had problems connecting in ages now, and have never had a black screen - it would just crash to the desktop or work fine.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I connect to my friend. Got his speed checked. D/U 5/2 Mbps. On his side he says the match started and stuck on loading on my side its just black screen.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@zaidbaby might be worth posting the error in the Steam forums for @BigAntStudios to catch in the morning. Sounds like a weird one...

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
@Biggs
Thanks mate. Already posted. Hope to get some feedback.

The other problem i have is sometimes when i get to play online all the balls that i leave it seems to be that slips and wicketkeeper missed it and when i started to take a run as i can see the ball going to the boundary suddenly my stumps pops and i am given out. This always happens. Not once i have seen keeper or slips getting the ball if i leave or edge.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
PC
SteamId: zaidfox
version: 1.06

I have tried even lowering all the settings to lowest as suggested by someone here. Antivirus is disabled. Download Speed around 12MB Upload Speed Around 1.78Mbps

I am on PS3 but in my experience most of the online gaming issues are due to firewalls and ports issues. Check with Ross what ports are needed by the game on PC and you can forward those ports or use port triggering. Or maybe put your gaming PC in a DMZ (definitely not recommended and is more of a last resort). On consoles some of the issues were due to some routers not handling UPnP properly leading to users having to disable UPnP on consoles and forwarding the ports manually. There's a utility called portchecker which allows you to check whether the ports used by a game for online gameplay are open or not, and you could go from there.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I am on PS3 but in my experience most of the online gaming issues are due to firewalls and ports issues. Check with Ross what ports are needed by the game on PC and you can forward those ports or use port triggering. Or maybe put your gaming PC in a DMZ (definitely not recommended and is more of a last resort). On consoles some of the issues were due to some routers not handling UPnP properly leading to users having to disable UPnP on consoles and forwarding the ports manually. There's a utility called portchecker which allows you to check whether the ports used by a game for online gameplay are open or not, and you could go from there.

I disable my firewall and antivirus completely mate.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I disable my firewall and antivirus completely mate.

:eek: Never do that, especially the firewall. It's better to open the ports via port forwarding or better port triggering than allow everything to be open. If there's no firewall, looks like it's not a network issue and more of a game bug.

By the way, do you use router (or maybe modem with a built-in router) provided by your ISP? If yes, they may have a firewall which might be screwing with your network. Again, easiest way would be use a reliable port checking tool/utility to see if your ports are accessible from outside. If yes, you are fine and if not that means you have some network issues.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
:eek: Never do that, especially the firewall. It's better to open the ports via port forwarding or better port triggering than allow everything to be open. If there's no firewall, looks like it's not a network issue and more of a game bug.

By the way, do you use router (or maybe modem with a built-in router) provided by your ISP? If yes, they may have a firewall which might be screwing with your network. Again, easiest way would be use a reliable port checking tool/utility to see if your ports are accessible from outside. If yes, you are fine and if not that means you have some network issues.

I checked with broadband as well as mobile tethering. Same issue on both

vinit85

Club Captain
Hi, I am playing pc version of this game and its awsum to play this game instead of ps3, but two main points i want to know about this game...(may be i cant find out this options)
1. Can we see pitch condition, weather condition and ball condition in between while playing match..??

2. When we select weather and pitch condition "Random", then can we select our team(line up) according to conditions..??

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Depends on what age/year you started your career, as it gradually goes up throughout. If your helmet icon says 1 then it's whatever level you started on when you first set it up, 2 is the next level up from that and so on...

You didn't get it (the question) :noway

----------

Hi, I am playing pc version of this game and its awsometo play this game instead of ps3, but two main points I want to know about this game...(maybe I cant find out these options)
1. Can we see pitch condition, weather condition and ball condition while playing a match..???

2. When we select weather and pitch condition "Random", can we select our team(line up) according to conditions..???

Okay well I know for no1 you can exit the game and reload it and while you are selecting a side you can view the weather but I am not sure about no2.

toecrusher71

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Firstly I installed game it worked like charm.unfortunately i had to reinstall windows now when i open academy it asks for update to new version

vinit85

Club Captain
Originally Posted by vinit85 View Post
Hi, I am playing pc version of this game and its awsometo play this game instead of ps3, but two main points I want to know about this game...(maybe I cant find out these options)
1. Can we see pitch condition, weather condition and ball condition while playing a match..???

2. When we select weather and pitch condition "Random", can we select our team(line up) according to conditions..???
Okay well I know for no1 you can exit the game and reload it and while you are selecting a side you can view the weather but I am not sure about no2.

1. Wats the use if we have to exit the game and reload it again, why cant we have the option in option menu(while playing match)...

2. Very disappointed for NO Solution for the 2nd quest...

Can patch makers full fill this solution in patch 3..??

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Originally Posted by vinit85 View Post

1. Wats the use if we have to exit the game and reload it again, why cant we have the option in option menu(while playing match)...

2. Very disappointed for NO Solution for the 2nd quest...

Can patch makers full fill this solution in patch 3..??

I think some of the issues you are talking about are fixed in the latest update. What version are you on?

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Oh guys i am really not able to play online properly. Sometimes the ball disappears from bowler's hand and appears in keeper's hand. Keeper never seems to stop the ball but when i run my stump pops. When the ball hits my pad after 3 second stump pops and the guy says bowled him. Even though i can clearly see ball stopped touching my pad and magically appears breaking my stumps. Please help me guys :(

Users who are viewing this thread