Post your questions about the game here!

Gurjot95

National Board President
The problem is most of the thoughts on here are based on the Cricket games of the past which I honestly feel are crap, but we can only imagine what we wish to see. Slog button is probably the easy way to make a Cricket game, I'd rather have the game decide result of a shot based on the timing, whether the ball is hit along the surface or whether it is an aerial shot, a big six or a small one, this should all be purely a result of timing.
When we can manually select our owns shots in real life whether to hit a lofted shot or ground shot so why change it in game? Lofted shot or ground shot doesn't always depend on timing. The direction of shot after it passes through bat and elevation of lofted shot does so though.

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The problem is most of the thoughts on here are based on the Cricket games of the past which I honestly feel are crap, but we can only imagine what we wish to see. Slog button is probably the easy way to make a Cricket game, I'd rather have the game decide result of a shot based on the timing, whether the ball is hit along the surface or whether it is an aerial shot, a big six or a small one, this should all be purely a result of timing.

So I am obviously against the slog button, and how many real life Cricketing shots are slogs? I want a game which has realistic run rates, where if I play out of my skin I get to about 180-200 in T20's, 325 in ODI's and Test matches is a completely different story. And to achieve this, obviously the structure of the game has to be more complex rather the interaction between the gamepad and our hands.

Sorry Ricky but I think that idea would make for an awful cricket game, situations in cricket games are so varied. The first over in a test match is completely different to needing 20 off the last over of a T20. You need a slog button so you can play the situation.

I don't know if you play real cricket, but when I do I sometimes make up my mind before the bowler bowls whether I'm going to try to knock the skin off the ball or defend it or try to knock it into a gap dependant on the match situation, field setting, run rate, bowler, who I'm batting with etc. We need that kind of freedom to decide what shot to play.

If you let the game decide what strength of shot you have played purely based on timing you would get some very strange games, e.g test matches with run rates of 10+ per over.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India

So I am obviously against the slog button, and how many real life Cricketing shots are slogs? I want a game which has realistic run rates, where if I play out of my skin I get to about 180-200 in T20's, 325 in ODI's and Test matches is a completely different story. And to achieve this, obviously the structure of the game has to be more complex rather the interaction between the gamepad and our hands.

I accept ur point of making it hard to score 180-200 in T20's, 325 in ODI's. But the omission of slog button cannot be agreed but instead the activation of slog or the perfection of slogs should be based on the batsman on the crease..With Pietersen os Dhoni or say Gayle the slog shot will be perfect to score boundaries or even huuuge sixes in the right deliveries not in every delivery...:yes.......Anyways the views vary from person to person so its nice sharing our views on the game we all love to play CRICKET :cheers

----------

Another suggestion is when timing if mistimed a shot then there should be bottom edge , inside edge or leading egde(from the sides of the bat) not necessarily be a wicket but make the player fells a moment of heart in his mouth :yes

ankitbabu

School Cricketer
requirements

Sir what will be the requirements? I hope it will be under 512mb.any ideas.

ankitbabu

School Cricketer
In test matches we dont want to see players hitting lots of sixes.like in ea players dont hit 6 every ocasion in test.but in ac09 it was.

ricky87

Club Captain
Sorry Ricky but I think that idea would make for an awful cricket game, situations in cricket games are so varied. The first over in a test match is completely different to needing 20 off the last over of a T20. You need a slog button so you can play the situation.

I don't know if you play real cricket, but when I do I sometimes make up my mind before the bowler bowls whether I'm going to try to knock the skin off the ball or defend it or try to knock it into a gap dependant on the match situation, field setting, run rate, bowler, who I'm batting with etc. We need that kind of freedom to decide what shot to play.

If you let the game decide what strength of shot you have played purely based on timing you would get some very strange games, e.g test matches with run rates of 10+ per over.

We had a good discussion about this on the official forum
The idea is to have a game which can give us realistic run rates and where we have to toil hard for runs and wickets and I find it hard to imagine how a game can be designed like this if it has a slog button. I do play Cricket in real life and yes, batsmen do intentionally hit lofted shots in real Cricket but this is a video game and some things need to be adapted to give us an overall authentic and enjoyable Cricket experience.

superfreddie

Club Captain

Hi Ricky,
I have read the discussion on the official forum and I do agree with some of your comments and I have not played C97 ATE sorry so I cant comment on that game.

But you say you want an authentic game where you grind out runs and cant just slog whenever you want. Well if the developers get the ai right then they should make the game way too risky trying to hit a six with an unset or poor batsmen. Say you are batting with a set Chris Gayle then his chances of getting the slog button timing spot on should be fairly good, but then slogging with an unset poor batsmen should be nearly impossible to time the slog. But is has to be possible to reflect real cricket.

I do agree all cricket games I have played have been pretty crap, but I do think IC10 had the batting timing bar nearly right in the way it was harder to time a slog rather than a normal ground shot and then easier still to time a defensive shot, because that is the way it works in real cricket. It must be so risky to try a slog that players will only use it when they are very confident or are desperate to score big. This done properly will create an authentic game. It needs to be programmed so if players try slog every ball they are going to get 20 odd all out as in real cricket.

I also think taking a slog button out of the game will create the feeling of not being in control of the batsmen and what you want him to do. It must be up to the player to decide if it is worth risking the slog or not. If you dont want to risk the slog then you should get realistic test match run rates. But if you need to score at 15 an over with 3 overs to go in a T20 match and have 8 wickets left its worth the risk to use it.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Hi ross

Any more news for the patient PC crowd here.
maybe if your staff get time can they answer few questions ?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Lee 1981 Child strikes back.

Got nothing else to do but try to pick fights child hahahahahaha ?:facepalm

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Lee 1981 Child strikes back.

Got nothing else to do but try to pick fights child hahahahahaha ?:facepalm

How is he being a child? You keep asking for updates EVERY day almost. They will give updates when they have them to give. Chill out and let them make the game.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Name calling that would be the reason why i wrote that.

If i am being annoying with request then tell me like you did
and i will not put them. :D

Anyway lets move on and talk about these cricket games coming next year.

TopPlayer

County Cricketer
Only thing i need is the following ---

Better Gameplay

More tours or create a tour with your chosing stadiums

More Stadiums

Lots of Tournaments including - BBL IPL and if PPL

Relstic Faces of every team

More bowling actions

Camera Angles

DRS

Point - If bowling and hits the batsmen pads and umpire said not out press a button to review it goes up to the third umpire you only have 3 reviews for each team in a match.

There lot more but cant think of them

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Would like to know are the domestic tournaments(un Licensed) of other countries are included or not like Ranji Trophy & etc?

superfreddie

Club Captain
Hi Ross

Will we be able to save individual created players that we play against online for our own use in our own created teams or is it only the whole team that we will be able to play with.

Also do you think it would be a good idea to have a replay of each wicket at the end of each innings or would that be too hard to implement.

Users who are viewing this thread