Post your questions about the game here!

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there any penalty for not pushing the RAS down straight when bowling as a pacer?

shaun1992

School Cricketer
Dismissals

Has anyone else found that 9/10 dismissals you take are caught out in the field? I've barely got anyone out LBW or Bowled?! I play on Legend difficulty , is it that? Or am I just rubbish!? Haha

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is there any penalty for not pushing the RAS down straight when bowling as a pacer?

Depends which type of delivery you are bowling and in which direction you are moving the right stick in. For instance, you are bowling an outswinger with a right handed pacer and move the right stick right, you could be fine as out-swing will compensate for the leg side line. But if you move the stick in the direction of the swing (left for outswing or right for inswing), it should result in a big wide. For seam up delivery, moving the right stick to left may not result in a wide and only a delivery outside off, but moving the right stick to right should result in a wide down leg side.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Hes talking down not up right?

I thought by pressing "down straight" he was asking about keeping the right stick straight. I didn't even know you can move the right stick down to deliver the ball.

Jadel

Club Captain
I thought by pressing "down straight" he was a sking about keeping the right stick straight. I didn't even know you can move the right stick down to deliver the ball.

I think he's talking about the down part.. The jump that precedes the delivery

Could be totally wrong.

I don't know how or why the down would affect anything though if that's what he's asking

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I think he's talking about the down part.. The jump that precedes the delivery

Could be totally wrong.

I don't know how or why the down would affect anything though if that's what he's asking

But how can you deliver the ball by pulling down the stick twice? First time round you pull it down, the bowler goes into his bowling stride. The right stick is already down at the time so you can't possibly pull it down again and the only direction it can go is up, up & right or up & left.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Down straight as in how close to the centre you need to be when pulling the right stick down for the first part of the delivery process, and if you slipped a bit when pulling down, whether it would impact the delivery even if you got it straight when pushing back up.

I don't know the answer, but the question seemed obvious enough.

Ipswich69

School Cricketer

I don't think so, based on my time with the game. Pulling the RAS down in any direction just initiates the bowling action. Moving it up to release the ball is where you have to be careful in order to accomplish what you want to do with the ball.

Last edited:

Jadel

Club Captain
But how can you deliver the ball by pulling down the stick twice? First time round you pull it down, the bowler goes into his bowling stride. The right stick is already down at the time so you can't possibly pull it down again and the only direction it can go is up, up & right or up & left.

Lol are you already drunk ????

Also, the cool tip for bowling is pull down to initiate then release. Wait.... Push up.

Center to up is much easier than down to up.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
It's strange that the game has been out for three weeks and there is this debate over the bowling controls. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia

Liam hughes

Club Cricketer
So I haven't really kept up to date with the forums but could anyone tell me what the patch actually fixes? Thanks guys.

Jadel

Club Captain
Except for how you shouldn't do that. HBK from Big Ant explained it a while back when I was having trouble getting decent speeds while bowling - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...14-issues-anomalies-88760-22.html#post2727275

Again not true.

Presumptuous to argue with the manual I guess.. but its not like it doesnt have errors.

I dont know if it does anything intangible, but as far as speed goes, it makes no difference whether you hold down or release. In fact because it makes it a bit easier to hit the green zone it could be argued that release method is better for speed.

I thought it sounded unlikely subjectively but wanted to test before refuting your claim.

Dale Steyn full length delivery held down and pushed up according to the manual (green and green) = 151.0 kph

Dale Steyn full length delivery pull down release then push up (green and green) = 151.0 kph

Its easy to test .. takes 2 deliveries. Give it a whirl.

Im still open to some mystery effect of holding down but it doesnt affect speed .

Users who are viewing this thread