Post your questions about the game here!

shaun1992

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Difficulty setting

Does anyone know if you can change the difficulty setting midway through a career? Or any game mode for that matter?

Benspursfan

School Cricketer
The video with Twistie3 was quite interesting, although he would benefit from better preparation with his questions. Lots of times he missed opportunities to probe further when Ross was talking about changes or things in the future, which was a shame, but it's tough to think on the spot like that.

In terms of the future, what I'm interested in is how they are going to progress the catching animations, as I think this is the weakest area at the moment. It doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game at all, it's a piece of art, the mechanics are stunning.

The enjoyment you get when you truly middle an off drive or a square cut, or a clip off your legs, and it flies to the boundary! Or when you bowl to a field and induce an error from the batsman with a different delivery. The frustration when you hit a drive too early and are caught easily at mid off or mid on!

There is so much depth to the game, so much longevity, I wish I had enough time to explore it all properly!

D

Dutch

The video with Twistie3 was quite interesting, although he would benefit from better preparation with his questions. Lots of times he missed opportunities to probe further when Ross was talking about changes or things in the future, which was a shame, but it's tough to think on the spot like that.

In terms of the future, what I'm interested in is how they are going to progress the catching animations, as I think this is the weakest area at the moment. It doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game at all, it's a piece of art, the mechanics are stunning.

The enjoyment you get when you truly middle an off drive or a square cut, or a clip off your legs, and it flies to the boundary! Or when you bowl to a field and induce an error from the batsman with a different delivery. The frustration when you hit a drive too early and are caught easily at mid off or mid on!

There is so much depth to the game, so much longevity, I wish I had enough time to explore it all properly!

I was hugely dissapointed in the depth of the questions. He only had to look on here for a cart load of stuff. Did he say anything about the need for slip catching and edges to be vasly improved?

Benspursfan

School Cricketer
I was hugely dissapointed in the depth of the questions. He only had to look on here for a cart load of stuff. Did he say anything about the need for slip catching and edges to be vasly improved?

The thing is, in reality how frequently do catches go to the slips in real life? We love how it looks, but it depends on the pitch and the bowlers you have. I've had some awesome edges behind and to the slips, but it's not that frequent. Look at the last Ashes tour, I don't think England had a single LBW did they? If that happened in a series on DBC would you be complaining about the lack of them? Evidence of a bug?

What I really love it when i think I've been caught plum in front, am given out, but review it and find that there's an inside edge onto my pads! It's happened three times to me, each time a different amount of edge, but so hard to see with the naked eye. Absolutely brilliant!!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think we need @Biggs and @Dutch to do a Q&A with Ross. Just to be fair we'll give Ross editorial approval by not doing it live ;)

I see you are a fan of Jerry Springer. Let's get Mike Fegan in there as well and make it a PPV event :yes

Users who are viewing this thread