Post your questions about the game here!

T - Dog

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Absolutely depends on your performance. When I first got the game I started a rookie career and made international squads for t20 and ODI by about the end of the first year.

In my current batting career on veteran I'm aiming for end of year 4 or 5, currently averaging around 20 with the bat in all formats almost finished year 2 so not setting the world on fire.
Currently i am in middle of the second year and my average is 40 but i am not selected in any format.

Ren

Club Captain
If you selected India as your national team you also need to know the right people in the BCCI and date a Bollywood actress :P

From memory I had a similar experience until my average went around 50 odd and I'd started to get close to max skill points/helmet level went up considerably. Don't really have any solid info for you, perhaps one of the bigant guys can confirm what triggers selection.

grkrama

National Board President
I think more than average its centuries that count for selection in terms of batting i think.
that's for tests and odis, for t20s half centuries will suffice.especially if you can string a few together.

kushari

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Currently i am in middle of the second year and my average is 40 but i am not selected in any format.

Playing my 1st season on Pro Difficulty. Already been selected for India T20 Team & Core Member (In all format) of all my domestic teams. I think Centuries and Man of the Match play a big part (My Assumptions only) to get a call faster than normal..

MrSecret

Club Captain
Can anyone tell me do we need steam Id to update teams and play online matches?

Whithornp

School Cricketer
Is it just my game, or has anybody else experienced problems actually starting a match? Everything loads in okay, start my saved career (in 4th year) go to play a match and when it gets to the screen that shows the line ups then the weather, it just rotates between the two screens and the "press x to start" doesn't appear in the top right of the screen?
Also it's not just in career mode, I've tried several game types now it's the same for each one?? Has anybody else experienced this? And can anyone tell me what's going on or how to fix this problem?? cheers!

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can you change difficulty during a career mode now? I thought I read somewhere you can start on rookie then change it to pro as you get better or is it always on rookie, pro etc..

AshleyWilliam

Banned
Can you change difficulty during a career mode now? I thought I read somewhere you can start on rookie then change it to pro as you get better or is it always on rookie, pro etc..

That's correct, from the start of a new career you can choose any difficulty. Domestic matches will now stay at the baseline difficulty you selected, I think.

prtblue

Club Cricketer
Hi

I cannot cut ball or play any shots behind square. How do you do it?

Play most balls to mid on or mid off from front or back foot.

Please help

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
Hi

I cannot cut ball or play any shots behind square. How do you do it?

Play most balls to mid on or mid off from front or back foot.

Please help
Could have a lot to do with the controller you're using... I've experienced this with 2 different controllers, no problems with the Xbox one.

Rogene7714

School Cricketer
Hi all

I have some Q's, if people could help.

Q1 - I have been thrust into the England Side in my 1st season. I cannot make any runs! Any tips?! With the bowling so seemingly random, in terms of on side/off side bowling, bowlers not bowling to any particular plan, changing round/over the wicket every other ball etc., I'm finding it impossible to get into any rhythm. I have literally no idea how to get over this. I've spent hours on the practise field, but as soon a the pitch is doing a bit in a game situation, I'm all at sea! I'm playing on veteran.

Q2 - For PC users. Have you had to change the way you play since updates have increased edges etc.? I don't want to invest loads of time before a patch arrives on console, only to have to re-learn how to bat! Thanks a lot!

Jip had to change, before patch bowling was mainly leg side, got good at milking runs. Now you have to be able to bat on both sides to score runs.

T - Dog

School Cricketer
No, the difficulty level will increase after you progress through your career.[DOUBLEPOST=1411461669][/DOUBLEPOST]when do you get selected at your international side after season or middle season?

Users who are viewing this thread