PS3 T20 Tri-Nation Series (Finished:Krish1712 Wins)

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ind vs Aus 2nd Final
Kolkata
Toss: India, decided to field first

Aus 256/9 in 20.0
Hussey 102 (49)
Johnson 70 (32)
Khan 3/59
Balaji 2/49

Ind 257/5 in 16.2
Dhoni 59 (25)
Dravid 54 (16)
Raina 53 (16)
Sehwag 45 (25)
Lee 1/10 (2)
Johnson 1/10 (2)

Ind won by 5 wickets.

India won the toss again, but this time inserted Australia on a placid Kolkata pitch. With Watson falling off the 2nd ball, that decision was quickly vindicated. Mitchell Johnson on the other end though, justified his selection and promotion as opener by providing the Aussie innings an early thrust with 70 off 32. Wickets fell and the run rate dropped in the middle overs, however Hussey held up one end and then exploded in the last 5 overs, falling after reaching his 100 in the 19th.

The Indian innings saw a tactical ploy by the Aussies at work - having selected both Lee and Johnson, they bowled 4 powerplay overs giving away 2/20 between them and pushing up the asking rate to around 15 an over. From there on though, the Indian middle order launched an audacious all out attack and never looked back. There were contributions from almost everyone who walked out to bat - Sehwag, Dravid, Dhoni & Raina. The magnificance of the Indian chase is evident in the fact that they score 237 runs in the 12 overs after the first 4, and won the game with 5 wickets and 4 overs to spare. That's what they call comprehensive!

Great game again Krish. I have no idea what a good score is against you! Best of luck for the finals at Lords.

krish1712

Club Cricketer
Great game again Krish. I have no idea what a good score is against you! Best of luck for the finals at Lords.

It really was a great game thanda! Was lucky when a few mis-hits didn't carry to the deep fielders. Had those carried, it would have been a different story, but ya, had to go for it as I had nothing more left to lose, so went all out after the 1st 4 overs of pace. Luckily it came good this time. Looking forward for the Grand Finale! Good luck to you too!!

RIZZYX

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great games you guys, wow that was some chase by Krish, there seems to be a new way of batting among us all, much more attacking, if we compare the scores of this series to the last world championship then there is a big difference.

Btw...Thanda arnt Lee and Jhonson both fast bowlers? If so thats against the rules as we are going with the usual tourney rules that applied in the last tourney of only 1 fast bowler?

krish1712

Club Cricketer
Btw...Thanda arnt Lee and Jhonson both fast bowlers? If so thats against the rules as we are going with the usual tourney rules that applied in the last tourney of only 1 fast bowler?

Hey Rizz, Thanda used 2 fast bowlers, but used them for 2 overs each. He asked me before the game and I agreed to his request. I thought the tourney rule says 4 overs of fast bowling(similar to 4 overs of Spin), and not specific to only 1 fast bowler(correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, I liked his strategy and hence agreed to it. But ya was a great game...and hopefully the finals would be equally enthralling:banana2

Last edited:

RIZZYX

International Coach
Hey Rizz, Thanda used 2 fast bowlers, but used them for 2 overs each. He asked me before the game and I agreed to his request. I thought the tourney rule says 4 overs of fast bowling(similar to 4 overs of Spin), and not specific to only 1 fast bowler(correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, I liked his strategy and hence agreed to it. But ya was a great game...and hopefully the finals would be equally enthralling:banana2

Oh i get ya...yeh thats fine
Looking forward to the result of the final game.

Last edited:

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Aus vs Ind, 3rd Final
Lords
Toss: Australia, chose to bat

Aus 257/8 in 20.0
Symonds 30 (15)
Warner 70 (28)
White 80 (35)
Balaji 3/32

Ind 258/4 in 17.3
Dhoni 133* (52)
Pathan 62 (27)
Hilfen 2/59

India won by 6 wickets

Riding on an absolutely stunning display of rearguard action by Captain Dhoni, India comfortably, in the end, chased down Australia's second 250+ score in the best of 3 finals. Having lost the first final, the reversal and knockout punch would taste all the more sweeter to the Indians.

Electing to set a target, Australia were off to a horrendous start, losing wickets in each of the first 4 powerplay overs. Though Warner at the top of the order and White down the order made sure they put up a competitive total, in the end they were half measures. Australia knew they needed 300 on this pitch, against this opposition - and even that might not have been enough!

India started poorly as well - 3/39 after 4 overs. Out walked Dhoni then, and in the company of Pathan, built a chanceless partnership of 150+ in double quick time. He was severe against anything pitched up, and accumulated 2s and 3s against the short stuff.

Tri-series Champions: India
MoM: Dhoni
MoS: ??

---

Congrats Krish! Really well played mate!

krish1712

Club Cricketer
Congrats Krish! Really well played mate!

Thanks Thanda! It was a great tourney...Pretty evenly balanced all through, with all three of us having equal chance of winning it.

Hopefully we can have one final tourney on Ashes 09 before shifting to IC10!

07-191107dhoni-indian-oil-cup.jpg

Last edited:

zub2005

International Coach
Some great matches, never new you guys were playing PS3 comps. Will love to get involved once i get the new one.

RIZZYX

International Coach
Great going guys, that concludes a great series, was over pretty quick (especially for me lol).

Congrats Krish, very well played, especially the recovery after being 1-0 down in the finals.

Users who are viewing this thread