School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Teams:
1. Pakistan (Rizzyx)
2. India (Lilas11)
3. Srilanka (Gougie)
4. Australia (Thandamilk)
5. South Africa (Lonewolf5646)

Rules (Yet to be finalised and open to suggestions)
1) Only Country teams
2) Maximum 1 Fast bowler
3) Spinner required to bowl atleast 1 over of every 10 from innings, with restriction to coming down the track.
4) Atleast 2 feilders required on leg side at all times and a Maximum of 5 on the boundry.
5) Breaks between match are allowed, minimum after completing atleast 1 innings during play.
6) Two games against each player, 1 home, 1 away.
7) Home team to choose pitch/weather conditions.

Schedule & Results

Game 1: Australia (Thandamilk) vs Srilanka (Gougie)

1st Innings:
Srilanka - 176 all out (36 overs)
Australia - 153 all out (19 overs)

2nd Innings:
Yet to be played. (Srilanka lead by 23 runs)
hi, guys m also interested. i'll be playin engaland.:happy

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Match Updates

Gougie (SL) & I (Aus) completed our first Test earlier today. Good game mate. I defended too many for my own liking but that was the only way I stood a chance of winning.

Final scores:

SL 1st Inn: 176 all out (36.0)
AUS 1st Inn: 153 all out (18.5)
SL 2nd Inn: 94 all out (14.0)
AUS 2nd Inn: 118/6 (19.0)

Australia won by 4 wickets. Scorecards attached.

Lilas & I had earlier started our first game as well. He has me on the mat in that one with an 87 run first innings lead. Batting first India scored 197 all out in 41.2. Tendulkar's masterful run a ball 100 countering Clark's demolition job (8/58). Australia in response bundled out for 110 in 18.0, Ishant picking up 6/72.

One of the things we discussed during the match was whether we need to have specific rules on restrictive field settings - specifically number of close in catchers. There not being any specific tourney rules on this, we both used severely restrictive fields and it made scoring off the ground very difficult for both teams. I lifted my restrictive field for a more "normal" field at around 80/6 and it did become easier to score along the ground. It was also much more gratifying for me to pick up a genuine wicket rather than having the batsman caught at short cover off a perfectly timed stroke.

I'm bringing this up per Lilas & my discussion for everyone else's comments/opinions on whether we need any specific field setting rules.

Attachments

• Gougie1.jpg
    Gougie1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Gougie2.jpg
    Gougie2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 7

RIZZYX

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One of the things we discussed during the match was whether we need to have specific rules on restrictive field settings - specifically number of close in catchers. There not being any specific tourney rules on this, we both used severely restrictive fields and it made scoring off the ground very difficult for both teams. I lifted my restrictive field for a more "normal" field at around 80/6 and it did become easier to score along the ground. It was also much more gratifying for me to pick up a genuine wicket rather than having the batsman caught at short cover off a perfectly timed stroke.

I'm bringing this up per Lilas & my discussion for everyone else's comments/opinions on whether we need any specific field setting rules.

This is an intresting topic, It has crossed my mind, persoanally I feel the rules that are made to take this into consideration, the close in feilders mainly come in play with the genuine fast bowlers, and because there is only 1 fast bowler permitted, it allows the batsman to play defensivly. With the Medium pacers, one just has to take a few agressive chances i guess to create a feild change.

Its Test Cricket, so it players do need some patience to overcome difficult patches. I say all this without having played a game myself lol, but this is just my opinion, if we have a vote on this, I suppose we can come up with some rules regarding over attacking feilds.

Btw..lilas11 is it possible for you to make the table for this championship the way you did in the T20 tourney?

Eflindor

School Cricketer
Hi guys, just saw this thread.

IMO If you are going to start restricting test matches you might as play ODI at 50 overs to start with and see how long games take or last. Although Id love to be involved with test games myself soon I cant commit to 5 hours at a go im afraid :( Will follow results on here and try to get a friendly game v some of you soon. Cheers.

Ef :banana2

lonewolf5646

Club Captain
i would agree with Thanda
i dont think its much fun playing with all fielders close in
even if it is medium fast bowler u will get caught close in eventually

i think for this tourney to go smooth u need to fix some rules Rizzy
otherwise it can be like both players agree on certain rules b4 starting game
but that wud more likely become a friendly game

and guys finish up the t20 tourney fast so that other one can be started

RIZZYX

International Coach
Ok then, lets set some rules for close in feilders.

I can think of 6 feilding positions that are very close to the batsman, 3 on the the on side and 3 on the off side, so if we limit it to just 2 feilders out of a possible 6 that should be ok?

There is also the ring of feildders that can be made on leg side that effectivly blocks any shots through the square leg and fine leg area if played along the ground. If again we say set a maximum of 2 feilders that can be pleaced beginning from the right of the keeper to square leg?

As many of us have started our first games between each other, i think perhaps we should play the first of two games each players play with no feild restrictions, and then the 2nd game with feild restrictions.

Let me know what you think.

lonewolf5646

Club Captain
Rizzy i suppose not to complex it
lets make a simple rule that 2 fielders have to be outside ring all the time
now gaps will automatically appear as 2 fielders are always out of the ring
and it is real simple rule
as we see in t20 when u hv to place 2 fielders out of ring u hv to leave some place unguarded

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Aus vs Pak Game 1 Update

Rizzy (Pak) & I (Aus) started our first test yesterday. Aus won the toss and chose to bat. We decided to break after 35 overs in the first innings. Its been a really interesting game so far - true test match style as Rizzy messaged post-game.

Aus are 150/3 after 35 overs. Lee is enjoying his new role as an opener, having grafted his way to an unbeaten 50. Pak have pulled back brilliantly after Aus were 70 odd for no loss.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Rizzy (Pak) & I (Aus) started our first test yesterday. Aus won the toss and chose to bat. We decided to break after 35 overs in the first innings. Its been a really interesting game so far - true test match style as Rizzy messaged post-game.

Aus are 150/3 after 35 overs. Lee is enjoying his new role as an opener, having grafted his way to an unbeaten 50. Pak have pulled back brilliantly after Aus were 70 odd for no loss.

Quick match update:

Aus 1st innings: 241 all out
Pak 1st innings: 150 all out
Aus 2nd innings: 171 all out
Pak 2nd innings: 0/0

Pak require 263 to win

Rizzy or I can add a match report at the end. Gotta run right now thought I'd post a score update quickly.

Last edited:

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Further update on Rizzy and my match. Pak has bowled out Aus in the 2nd innings for 171, setting up a fascinating final day's place with Pak needing 263 to win.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
AUS vs SAF Game 1

Lonewolf (SAF) and I (AUS) started our first test today. Detailed scorecards and match report to follow later. At the end of Day 1 the score stands as:

AUS 289 all out (Hughes 83, White 47, Katich 42, Styen 6/68)
SAF 13/2

Looks like I'm involved in each of the 4 games of this tourney currently. Guys please start your games with each other.

RIZZYX

International Coach
Me and Psymax have started a test.

Pakistan were bowled out for 106, a bizzare batting display by Pakistan's batsman on what usually is a good batting pitch, however there was some lag, again Pakistan failing to adopt to the longer form of the game, yet it was an excellent bowling display by England with some great attacking feilds. Pakistan hit back though to have the final say of the day by reducing England to 37/6. (More to come)

Pakistan 1st Inn: 106 all out (17.3 Overs)
England 1st Inn: 37/6 (12.1 Overs)

Last edited:

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Update on the first test between Lilas (IND) & I (Aus). After conceding a vital and significant 87 run lead in the first innings, Australia have dismissed India for 112 in their second innings to set up an exciting chase of exactly 200 to win the test. While on the face of it the total may seem gettable, but given their performance in the first innings Australia will have to put in a special performance to win.

Current scores:
Ind 1st innings 197 all out
Aus 1st innings 110 all out
Ind 2nd innings 112 all out
Aus 2nd innings 0/0

Aus require 200 to win.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
India Vs Pakistan at Headingly
PAK 1st innings 165/2

India Vs South Africa at Headingly