2. India (Lilas11)
3. Srilanka (Gougie)
4. Australia (Thandamilk)
5. South Africa (Lonewolf5646)
6. England (Psymax)

Rules for Round 1
1) Only Country teams
2) Maximum 1 Fast bowler
3) Spinner required to bowl atleast 1 over of every 10 from innings, with restriction to coming down the track.
4) Atleast 2 feilders required on leg side at all times and a Maximum of 5 on the boundry.
5) Breaks between match are allowed.
6) Two games against each player, 1 home, 1 away.
7) Home team to choose pitch/weather conditions.

Remaining Fixtures for Round 1:
England (psymax) vs India (lilas11)
Pakistan (rizzyx) vs South Africa (lonewolf5646)
Australia (thandamilk) vs England (psymax)
India (lilas11) vs Srilanka (gougie)
Pakistan (rizzyx) vs Srilanka (gougie)
England (psymax) vs South Africa (lonewolf5646)
Australia (thandamilk) vs South Africa (lonewolf5646)
Srilanka (gougie) vs Australia (thandamilk)
England (psymax) vs Srilanka (gougie)
South Africa (lonewolf5646) vs Srilanka (gougie)

Results

Game 1: Australia (Thandamilk) vs Srilanka (Gougie)

SL 1st Inn: 176 all out (36.0 Overs)
AUS 1st Inn: 153 all out (18.5 Overs)
SL 2nd Inn: 94 all out (14.0 Overs)
AUS 2nd Inn: 118/6 (19.0 Overs)
Australia won by 4 wickets.

Game 2: Australia (Thandamilk) vs India (Lilas11)

Ind 1st Inn: 197 all out (41.2 Overs)
Aus 1st Inn: 110 all (18.0 Overs)
Ind 2nd Inn: 112 all out
Aus 2nd Inn: 200/6
Austalia won by 4 wickets

Game 3: Australia (Thandamilk) vs Pakistan (RizzyX)
Aus 1st innings: 241 all out (53.4 Overs)
Pak 1st innings: 150 all out (29.1 Overs)
Aus 2nd innings: 171 all out (30.2 Overs)
Pak 2nd innings: 175 all out (36.0 Overs)
Australia won by 88 runs.

Game 4: Pakistan (RizzyX) vs England (Psymax)
Pakistan 1st Inn: 106 all out (17.3 Overs)
England 1st Inn: 37/6 (12.1 Overs)
Match still in play

Game 5: South Africa (Lonewolf5646) vs Australia (Thandamilk)
Aus 1st Inn: 289 all out
SAF 13/2
Match still in play

Game 6: Pakistan (Rizzyx) and India (lilas11)
Pakistan 1st Inn: 165/2 (17 Overs)
Shoaib Malik 73*
Yunus Khan 58*
(Current Partnership 156*)
Match still in play

Game 7: India (lilas11) Vs South Africa (Lonewolf5646)
India 1st Inn: 137 all out
South Africa 1st Inn: 107 all out
India 2nd Inn: 70/1 (India lead by 100 with 9 wickets in hand)
Match still in play

Game 8: India (lilas11) Vs Srilanka (Gougie)
India 1st Inn: 180/3 (20.0 overs)
Match still in play

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

How are you going to finish matches? It will take at least 4-5 hours to play.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was thinking of starting a thread for the same after the T20 tourney glad u have taken the initiative... as hmarka points out it would take about 4-5 hours... let us keep the first edition open to players who can commit to 5 hours of play- I know u and Thandamilk are generally on for 4-5 hours on a stretch if we can get one more player who can commit 5 hours when can really get this started.

I ll be going for India

If we can get 4 players it would make more sense to play 2 matches against each player. Also since it is a championship it would be nice if we can have a points system based on innings scores/ wickets taken etc. something on the lines of County championships or the Asia Test Cup (199) I suppose.

Last edited:

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well, its certainly an ambitious idea. I'd like to get involved, and take Australia. Taking out 3-4 hours or whatever it will take to complete a full test match will definitely be an issue though.

I'm open to breaking up the test-match into multiple play sessions. I know its less than ideal from a continuity perspective, but might help get more people involved and even for us to be able to play tests more frequently (on days when both players may not have 4 hours to spend on the game, that too at the same time).

I guess what am saying is - let the players have the option of breaking the match - either at the end of every innings, or after completion of both first innings. They can resume the 2nd innings by starting a new test match at a later time. Select the same teams, play on a day 3 pitch or something. The only thing is that we won't have an integrated scorecard, but that's something I'm willing to live with - we'll anyway have screenshots of scorecards from every inning.

So, not sure what you guys feel about that. Think of it like this - a real test match happens over 5 days and multiple sessions in any case with players taking a break. Couldn't we do the same to make things a little more practical?

Cheers.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Id still like to play at one go at least for a championship.. we can have one between 3 of us with no intervals.... else if u want one with breaks and more people the idea of a rolling championship with positons decided on Percentage of wins seems better...let me know what you guys prefer and we can have this rolling next week :happy

RIZZYX

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have only ever played a Test Match twice i think, and finished the game within a few hours, so lol am not sure how i will adjust to playing one game over a period of 4 or 5 hours, but am willing to give it a try.

Breaking it up into innings as Thanda has suggested does not seem such a bad idea aswell, so basicly i dont mind either way.

I'll go with whatever you guys are ok with.

gougie

Club Cricketer
Ive got hours and hours to spare until i get a job so count me in on anything guys, my preferred team would be Sri Lanka.

Last edited:

RIZZYX

International Coach
Ive got hours and hours to spare until i get a job so count me in on anything guys, my preferred team would be Sri Lanka.

Ok so we have got 3 teams confirmed and possibly Thanda as a 4th team.

1. Pakistan (Rizzyx)
2. India (Lilas11)
2. Srilanka (Gougie)

Great :clap

P

pcfan123

An idea would be to set a maximum numbers of overs either per innings or per match for both players. So say 60 overs each and you can break it up by batting 40 overs in the 1st and 20 overs in the 2nd or however you wish.

gougie

Club Cricketer
I think we will have to decide between the 2 oponnents what best suits both parties because if both players play it seriously 1 game could take 10 hours and upwards me and Legendboy played 1 he batted first and after 50 overs or so we had to put a 65 over limit on the first innings and a 25 over limit on the 2nd, and even though we didnt bat the full 90 overs each the match still lasted 5 or 6 hours.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
All this Test talk's left me itching for a game. As Chris Walken would've said, I got a fever, and the only prescription is more Tests!

Anyone interested in a Test tonight - message me.

gougie

Club Cricketer
I would be mate, carnt start for a 2 or 3 hours but im available then for as many hours as it takes.

RIZZYX

International Coach
Im staying up all night to wait for the Pakistan vs Australia game which starts at in about 5 hours time from now. My bros playin Need for Speed Shift right now, but if you two dont get your game in later, I'll be willing to play.

I also suggested a possible limit on overs as you did Gougie, Lilas11 prefers not to have that but he would agree with it if the players vote for it, so i guess we have 2 votes for a limit on number of overs. Maybe 40 in each innings? because if you have less overs in the 2nd innings than first it effectivly elminates the player who plays badly in the first innings.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
My personal preference is no limit on overs and trying to play in one go but I am ok with whatever u guys decide I just wanna start playing test cricket ASAP :happy

What do u guys think of the points system?
What I got from Asia cup 99 is:
Win 12
Tie 6
Draw/Loss 0
Bonus points were awarded to teams for good bowling and batting performances (see table below). A maximum of 20 points could be gained in one match (including the 12 match winning points). The bonus bowling and batting points were confined to the first 100 overs of the first innings. The two teams th the highest number of points qualify for the final. If two teams are tied on points, the team with a better run rate in the first 100 overs will go through. If the final ends in a draw, the side with the higher bonus points will win.[11]
350+/ 9-10 wickets 4
300-349/ 7-8 wickets 3
225-299/ 5-6 wickets 2
150-224 /3-4 wickets 1
1Assessed on the first 100 overs of the 1st innings
[/COLOR]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread