PS3 Online Test Championship

RIZZYX

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lilas11 what was up with the no balls? You bowled a shocking 27 no balls in 17 overs?

Also for the second round of games, I think we should set a minimum number of overs to be completed during play, I think we should have atleast 30 overs before having the option of having a break. I say this for 2 main reasons and that being, the Stamina of the bowlers, it usually becomes easier to play bowlers the longer they bowl in a session, so if play is ended after 17 overs then the bowlers will be fresh again, the other reason being if the batsman are set they have to start all over again.

30 overs takes around an hour and a half, so i think it is a fair minimum? Plus it is at this time that a session is called in the game after which the bowlers are fresh anyway, i.e after lunch the bowlers become fresh.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Came back after a heavy night.. just wanted to play some cricket.. dont think I should be touching controller now on while I am hammered :noway

RIZZYX

International Coach
Came back after a heavy night.. just wanted to play some cricket.. dont think I should be touching controller now on while I am hammered :noway

lol that explains the no balls and the 1 drop catch, I was gutted with my Salman Butt run out in the first over and my brothers pull shot of Sharma in the direction of the two feilders on the on side to get Mahmood out. I didnt let him touch the controller after that lol

lilas11

Club Cricketer
RIZZY please add score of mine and lonewolfs game and also list remaining fixtures on the first post.

I ll be on tonight 9ist onwards can anyone complete their test or start a new one around that time??

RIZZYX

International Coach
RIZZY please add score of mine and lonewolfs game and also list remaining fixtures on the first post.

I ll be on tonight 9ist onwards can anyone complete their test or start a new one around that time??

Ill be on from around 2am IST, not sure if you will be on at that time but if you are ill message you.

Iv added your score

ThandaMilk

Club Captain

Mate I should be around, ping me on MSN and we can complete our game.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Update on the first test between Lilas (IND) & I (Aus). After conceding a vital and significant 87 run lead in the first innings, Australia have dismissed India for 112 in their second innings to set up an exciting chase of exactly 200 to win the test. While on the face of it the total may seem gettable, but given their performance in the first innings Australia will have to put in a special performance to win.

Current scores:
Ind 1st innings 197 all out
Aus 1st innings 110 all out
Ind 2nd innings 112 all out
Aus 2nd innings 0/0

Aus require 200 to win.

Lilas & I just completed our first test. Final scores:
Ind 1st innings 197 all out
Aus 1st innings 110 all out
Ind 2nd innings 112 all out (Lee 5-for)
Aus 2nd innings 200 for 6 (Lee 100*, Ponting 26*, Khan 3-for)

Result: Aus win by 4 wickets

Match summary: Australia started strong in their chase of a very defendable 200, ticking away to be 57/0 after 12 overs before there was an interruption in play (game froze cos' of the bowler hitting the stumps glitch). With 143 required to win, Aus lost Watson soon after play resumed but continued to plug away at the score without taking too many risks.

With 60 odd required with 9 wickets in hand, and the Indian bowlers finding it tough to penetrate the Aussie defense, victory was in sight. The Aussies had done all the hard work till this point in the game - cutting out all shots that carried any risk of going near the close in fielders. They'd patiently waited for balls slightly off the line and played extremely straight. However, with victory in sight, a deathwish seemed to dawn upon them; and the Indian bowlers sensed an opening and pushed open the door of opportunity that had thus far remained tightly shut.

In a span of 2 overs, Australia lost 5 wickets to Khan (3) and Pathan (2), Going from 137/1 to 147/6. While wickets were falling like 9 pins on one end, Brett Lee continued to hold up the other, as he had done magnificently since being sent in to open. Ponting joined Lee and averted further disaster with a stroke filled 26 - hitting a couple of beautifully placed flicks to the boundary.

Fittingly, Lee hit the winning runs; a single off Harbhajan that also brought up his century. Lee's performance in the match earned him a well deserved Man of the Match.

This, Australia's second win in the tourney, will feel even more special for having come back from an 87 run first innings deficit.

RIZZYX

International Coach
Well played Thanda, your becoming the Australia of the last decade in Test Cricket lol

lilas11

Club Cricketer
India Vs South Africa at Headingly
Current scores:
Ind 1st innings 137 all out
SAF 1st innings 107 all out
Ind 2nd innings 70/1

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Well played Thanda, your becoming the Australia of the last decade in Test Cricket lol

Lol, I wish that were true. Its still early days in the tourney and all teams are only going to get smarter about test tactics. For me, the few games that I've played have really been fun to play. I just hope Codies allow saved online games in the next installment - will make the entire process much easier for all of us.

ThandaMilk added 0 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

India Vs South Africa at Headingly
Current scores:
Ind 1st innings 137 all out
SAF 1st innings 107 all out
Ind 2nd innings 70/1

Great comeback there. Good luck to both.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
India Vs Sri Lanka at Headingly
India 180/3 (20.0 overs)

RIZZYX

International Coach
Update: Australia (Thandamilk) Vs Pakistan (RizzyX) at Headingly (Day 3 Pitch, Cloudy)

Aus 1st innings: 241 all out (53.4 Overs)
Pak 1st innings: 150 all out (29.1 Overs)
Aus 2nd innings: 171 all out (30.2 Overs)
Pak 2nd innings: 175/10(36.0 Overs)

Australia won by 88 runs.

Well played Thanda, i had a glimmer of hope when Afridi and Gul built a partnership and again with Akhtar and Afridi, but it was a fight that came a little too late in the day, the genuine batsman failed to shine the previous day.

3 wins out of 3 for Australia.

Last edited:

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Rizzy, mate can you add a points table to the first post? This way we can pick things up again after the current T20 tourney.

RIZZYX

International Coach
No problem mate, Ill do one when i get the chance

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Lonewolf (SAF) and I (AUS) started our first test today. Detailed scorecards and match report to follow later. At the end of Day 1 the score stands as:

AUS 289 all out (Hughes 83, White 47, Katich 42, Styen 6/68)
SAF 13/2

Looks like I'm involved in each of the 4 games of this tourney currently. Guys please start your games with each other.

Lone & I continued our test (got in about 10 overs before he had to start his T20 tourney match with legend-zee). Picking up from 13/2, in today's session they were 52/4. So that makes current scores:

AUS 1st Inn 289 all out (Hughes 83, White 47, Katich 42, Styen 6/68)
SAF 1st Inn 65/6 (Klimvolt 27*; Lee 4 wkts, White 2 wkts)

SAF trail by 224 with 4 wickets in hand

Users who are viewing this thread