Rainy Tossing.

duggrs

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've searched the forum and can't find any answerd to my questions so i'm throwig it open to the masses....

1. Why does it never rain? I've played in possibly the most grim place on Earth (Edgbaston- my point of origin I might add) and the conditions have been cloudy, cold, damp post-apocalyptic etc etc an yet still there has not been once smidgen of rain!! This is highly unrealistic, has BLIC 2007 experienced some sort of global warming fueled heat wave? Has anyone had ny rain??

2. Why does the opposing captain never EVER, when he wins the toss, choose to field? This is only something which struck me last night as I ventured to play a Test match on a damp and overcast and somewhat humind south london pitch. Why then did Graeme Smith decide to bat first?? Jokes on him, I the entire team out for 37.

Someone help me out here, i'm not getting any saner.

I've seen the opposing captain choose to field at times, and as for the rain, well ea has it and it's kinda irritating. So this aint realistic, but at least the plays uninterupted always :)

Codemasters probably just didn't implement the rain feature, took EA a few titles before they did it anyway.

aussie1st said:
Codemasters probably just didn't implement the rain feature, took EA a few titles before they did it anyway.

But rain was in the game in BLIC 2005 - at least in test matches.

i dunno i reckon they should have it, the play would still be uninterrupted, it's not as if we have to wait 3 days for the rain to stop, and it could make limited overs games ore interesting if, say, you only had 35 overs to get the opposition's total. I think it's a shame it's not in the game

I guess I just hate it in cricket 07 when the view is of the clock running, and I wait there, not long I know, but it's kind of irritating. Of course that's my opinion on the matter. :)

duggrs said:
i dunno i reckon they should have it, the play would still be uninterrupted, it's not as if we have to wait 3 days for the rain to stop, and it could make limited overs games ore interesting if, say, you only had 35 overs to get the opposition's total. I think it's a shame it's not in the game

What are you talking about bud! If codies can't be bothered to get the gameplay right, what chances are they will get the calculations of rain affected matched (D/L) correct? Chances are that they will simply mess the rain affected matches where team batting second would need to chase a weird total, say 300 in 30 overs when opposition scored 180 odd in 45 overs.

Rain works fine in tests as the target total is not affected and thus no computations or calculations need to be made, but I fear this won't be as simple in odis. Codies should first try to nail the gameplay down before thinking of the new features, such as rain affected odis & D/L calculations.

There is no rain feature in BLIC07 at all. It was taken out, ok its less realistic but its less annoying that having played 4 days worth of cricket the game ends with rain.

alfa_beta said:
Codies should first try to nail the gameplay down before thinking of the new features, such as rain affected odis & D/L calculations.

yeah i hear ya, it's just another thing that should be included in any complete cricket game, i can't say it's a massive suprise that it's been missed out. 300 of 30 overs would be a piece of cake with the AI as it is!

Kev said:
There is no rain feature in BLIC07 at all. It was taken out, ok its less realistic but its less annoying that having played 4 days worth of cricket the game ends with rain.

I will be very surprized if the game does indeed get to the 4th day!

Maybe that's the reason nobody's come across the rain so far, i.e. who knows codies might have made the game in such a way that rain only comes into picture on the 4th or 5th days of the test, and since the game hardly goes to even the 3rd day (or 2nd), you won't get any rain :p

alfa_beta said:
I will be very surprized if the game does indeed get to the 4th day!

Maybe that's the reason nobody's come across the rain so far, i.e. who knows codies might have made the game in such a way that rain only comes into picture on the 4th or 5th days of the test, and since the game hardly goes to even the 3rd day (or 2nd), you won't get any rain :p

That's the problem with cricket games, they never get to the 4th or 5th day! Developers need to think about giving us the option to reduce the overs in a day, with the rate that the pitch worsens accelerated accordingly. That way, we'd have proper 5 day Tests!

OffStump said:
That way, we'd have proper 5 day Tests!

let's face it, the only way you'll ever get a five day test game in BLIC 2007 (if you are a semi competent player) is if you purpsosefully make the game realistic (i.e. edit the stats, intentionally don't slog it for six every time when you easily could, pick out the fielders with your shot, bowl badly, drop catches). The game is a total disgrace, the fact that it doesn't rain on a miserable fifth day of a england vs zimbabwe test takes nothing away from the fact that this game was underdeveloped and overhyped.

No thier is no rain and blic 2007 is not realistic . it seems like to make for xbox 360

probably the only way you could have a decent 5 day test is to play against someone whos about as good as you when you think about it.

and even then its probably likely that you'll both all get out in a couple of days anyway.

Why Codies or EA give us an option of custom overs per session in test matches as we have in one dayer, so we people can set overs per session (5 or 10 and so on to 30 over per session). then only we can have a probability of going to 5th day of test match or drawing the match. Condition should change acc to overs set per session.

most of the time i finish test match in a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread