Realistic goals for International Cricket 2010?

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I wanted to start a new thread on this, because I think there will end up being enough content to warrant it.

My question: Given the time before the release of IC2010 (3-9 months?), what features will they have enough time to develop?

It was either aussie1st or MattW who indicated that a career mode would be pretty much out of the question. What other things do they have enough time to develop?

How long would it take to get a proper statistics tracking system?

What tournaments could go into the game?

P

pcfan123

Tours (allowing us to set up a X Tests, X ODIs, X Twenty20) tours. That coupled with progressive stats tracking for the players will be enough for us to make our own career modes.

Please don't fearsome tweak it up guys.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Tours (allowing us to set up a X Tests, X ODIs, X Twenty20) tours. That coupled with progressive stats tracking for the players will be enough for us to make our own career modes.

Please don't flip it up guys.

I agree - what you've written there is all I would be asking for. That would be keepin' it real.

keepin_it_real_trucker_hat-p148765657658603054q02g_400.jpg

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Custom teams, custom leagues and unlimited created players so that we can make our own IPL/domestic tournaments? More faces for Asian players (obviously they can't be real without the licenses but they're too limited at the moment).

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
What tournaments could go into the game?
The indicated increase to 16 teams in the game means a World Cup formatted tournament (they don't have the licence) is almost a guarantee.

"new instant tournaments" are mentioned in the press release, your guess is as good as mine as to what that means. Ideally what Mark has mentioned, but I'm not going to hold out too much hope of a decent series mode.

I'd expect it to include the Australian side of the Ashes, and as such the WACA and Adelaide Oval. Perhaps having that might create the framework in the game for proper custom tours (but I'm fairly sure the Ashes in AC09 was just the tests, didn't use the ashes mode much though).

There is a stats tracking framework in the game, I just think the problem was that it didn't display them very often and didn't carry them through matches. While it may not be a simple job to do that, I think enough of it was in AC09 to make stats tracking likely.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why can't they do proper faces? They don't have to give em the actual names.......

Some good tournament modes. I believe they're gonna do a World Cup format, that'd be great :D And of course the Ashes of 2010? Hopefully they'll do the T20 World Cup for 2010 format. A tour mode? I'd love to see a FTP mode.

Gazza added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

21 stadiums, awesome. And there's some rumour they have a license for the Welsh team :\

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Why can't they do proper faces?
You licence 'player likenesses' not names. If something looks like someone but with a slightly altered name then it is still the same thing as giving that the correct name and looking wrong.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
That's kind of silly. I''ll never understand the need for player licenses.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
But to make it so tight that you can't even do likenesses?

That's the biggest problem with cricket games, there aren't any developers/producers that are ready to fork out the money for player licenses, etc.

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
But too make it so tight that you can't even do likenesses?

That's the biggest problem with cricket games, there aren't any developers/producers that are ready to fork out the money for player licenses, etc.

They won't be willing to do it year in year out because there's not much money in the cricket gaming industry. However, the attraction for doing it for the World Cup is much larger as we saw with BLIC07 so we might see a fully licensed 2011 version, if there is one.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Fingers crossed :) Especially since the World Cup is in India, cricket's biggest market.

P

pcfan123

Not for video games its not, piracy is too rampant and they always have to cut the price to peanuts compared to the English and Aussie versions.

P

pcfan123

No that wont do anything either, the cricket market here might be decent but its not concentrated at all. Too spread out in all the big cities would not be worth the distribution costs to have just a few hundred in each big city buy it.

Just don't make it region locked and the Americans will buy it, just like the ps3 version of AC09. Maybe make it available online and have it ship from one distribution center in the US.

Either way, I am ordering mine from the UK, arrives in less than a week.

Users who are viewing this thread