Round 6 - Dublin Destroyers vs. Vatican Victors @ Rebbit Gardens (21/11/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dublin Destroyers vs. Vatican Victors

@Rebbit Gardens​

Welcome to tonight's clash between Dublin and Vatican. Vatican enter this game as favourites over the out-of-sorts Dublin, and will be looking to pick up a win that could push them above Beijing and into second place. However, Dublin are not to be underestimated, especially at home, and have shown their eagerness to get this campain on track. I missed the toss, but do know that DD will be batting first. Strange choice given the Green pitch, but they probably back themselves to defend a target better. Both sides with 3 Nats a piece and strong seam attacks, onto the match now...

0.1 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
0.2 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
0.3 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, , Wide, one run (1)
0.3 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
0.4 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
0.5 Kapil Dev to Highlander999, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
0.6 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, Slog-sweep time! He's executed that quite well too, and...yes, it's six! Nice job son! (6)

End of over 1
Dublin Destroyers 13/0 (RR : 13)
Simbazz 11 (5b)
Highlander999 1 (1b)
Kapil Dev 1-0-13-0

1.1 Vince van der Biji to Highlander999, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
1.2 Vince van der Biji to Highlander999, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
1.3 Vince van der Biji to Highlander999, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? YES HE DOES! Out!!!

Highlander999 c blake b Vince van der Biji
Runs : 3 Balls : 4 S/R : 75

(0)
1.4 Vince van der Biji to Offcutters, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
1.5 Vince van der Biji to Offcutters, Missed a straight ball. He missed a straight ball. The stumps are broken, his ego even more so.

Offcutters b Vince van der Biji
Runs : 2 Balls : 2 S/R : 100

(0)
1.6 Vince van der Biji to Jack Hobbs, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)

End of over 2
Dublin Destroyers 17/2 (RR : 8.5)
Jack Hobbs 0 (1b)
Simbazz 11 (5b)
Vince van der Biji 1-0-4-2

2.1 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
2.2 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
2.3 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
2.4 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
2.5 Kapil Dev to Jack Hobbs, The umpire gives the batsman the finger. And then tells him he's been dismissed LBW too. No love lost between that pair, let me tell you that.

Jack Hobbs lbw Kapil Dev
Runs : 0 Balls : 2 S/R : 0

(0)
2.6 Kapil Dev to Gary123, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)

End of over 3
Dublin Destroyers 24/3 (RR : 8)
Gary123 2 (1b)
Simbazz 16 (9b)
Kapil Dev 2-0-20-1

3.1 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
3.2 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
3.3 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, No shot offered. (0)
3.4 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, , No Ball. , Wide, one run (1)
3.3 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
3.4 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
3.5 Vince van der Biji to Gary123, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
3.6 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 4
Dublin Destroyers 33/3 (RR : 8.25)
Gary123 3 (2b)
Simbazz 22 (15b)
Vince van der Biji 2-0-13-2

4.1 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
4.2 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
4.3 Kapil Dev to Gary123, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
4.4 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
4.5 Kapil Dev to Gary123, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
4.6 Kapil Dev to Simbazz, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)

End of over 5
Dublin Destroyers 39/3 (RR : 7.8)
Simbazz 26 (19b)
Gary123 5 (4b)
Kapil Dev 3-0-26-1

5.1 Vince van der Biji to Gary123, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
5.2 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
5.3 Vince van der Biji to Gary123, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
5.4 Vince van der Biji to Gary123, Going, Going, Gone! Six Runs! (6)
5.5 Vince van der Biji to Gary123, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
5.6 Vince van der Biji to Gary123, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 6
Dublin Destroyers 47/3 (RR : 7.83)
Gary123 12 (9b)
Simbazz 27 (20b)
Vince van der Biji 3-0-21-2

6.1 treva to Simbazz, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
6.2 treva to Simbazz, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
6.3 treva to Simbazz, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
6.4 treva to Simbazz, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
6.5 treva to Simbazz, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
6.6 treva to Gary123, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)

End of over 7
Dublin Destroyers 54/3 (RR : 7.71)
Gary123 14 (10b)
Simbazz 32 (25b)
treva 1-0-7-0

7.1 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
7.2 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
7.3 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
7.4 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
7.5 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
7.6 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)

End of over 8
Dublin Destroyers 54/3 (RR : 6.75)
Simbazz 32 (31b)
Gary123 14 (10b)
Abhas Gupta 1-1-0-0

8.1 Bob Massie to Gary123, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
8.2 Bob Massie to Gary123, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
8.3 Bob Massie to Gary123, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
8.4 Bob Massie to Gary123, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
8.5 Bob Massie to Gary123, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
8.6 Bob Massie to Simbazz, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)

End of over 9
Dublin Destroyers 61/3 (RR : 6.78)
Simbazz 36 (32b)
Gary123 17 (15b)
Bob Massie 1-0-7-0

9.1 Abhas Gupta to Gary123, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
9.2 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
9.3 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
9.4 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Good running, two runs. (2)
9.5 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
9.6 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)

End of over 10
Dublin Destroyers 70/3 (RR : 7)
Simbazz 44 (37b)
Gary123 18 (16b)
Abhas Gupta 2-1-9-0

10.1 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Gary123, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
10.2 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Simbazz, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
10.3 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Simbazz, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
10.4 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Gary123, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
10.5 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Gary123, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
10.6 WORLD CHAMPIONS to Simbazz, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)

End of over 11
Dublin Destroyers 81/3 (RR : 7.36)
Simbazz 49 (40b)
Gary123 24 (19b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 1-0-11-0

11.1 Bob Massie to Gary123, Very well bowled. (0)
11.2 Bob Massie to Gary123, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
11.3 Bob Massie to Gary123, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
11.4 Bob Massie to Simbazz, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
11.5 Bob Massie to Simbazz, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
11.6 Bob Massie to Simbazz, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)

End of over 12
Dublin Destroyers 84/3 (RR : 7)
Simbazz 51 (43b)
Gary123 25 (22b)
Bob Massie 2-0-10-0

12.1 treva to Gary123, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
12.2 treva to Simbazz, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
12.3 treva to Simbazz, , No Ball. Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
12.3 treva to Simbazz, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
12.4 treva to Simbazz, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
12.5 treva to Gary123, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
12.6 treva to Gary123, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)

End of over 13
Dublin Destroyers 92/3 (RR : 7.08)
Simbazz 56 (47b)
Gary123 27 (25b)
treva 2-0-15-0

13.1 Bob Massie to Gary123, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
13.2 Bob Massie to Gary123, That's gone high...really high...it's lost in the sky...will someone catch this? The fielders all come under it...someone has to take it...NOOOOOOO! It's been dropped! And the batsmen manage to come back for a third! (3)
13.3 Bob Massie to Simbazz, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
13.4 Bob Massie to Gary123, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
13.5 Bob Massie to Gary123, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
13.6 Bob Massie to Gary123, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)

End of over 14
Dublin Destroyers 96/3 (RR : 6.86)
Gary123 30 (30b)
Simbazz 57 (48b)
Bob Massie 3-0-14-0

14.1 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, , No Ball. Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
14.1 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
14.2 Abhas Gupta to Gary123, That's a single. (1)
14.3 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
14.4 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
14.5 Abhas Gupta to Gary123, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
14.6 Abhas Gupta to Gary123, That's a single. (1)

End of over 15
Dublin Destroyers 109/3 (RR : 7.27)
Simbazz 67 (52b)
Gary123 32 (33b)
Abhas Gupta 3-1-22-0

15.1 treva to Gary123, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
15.2 treva to Gary123, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
15.3 treva to Gary123, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
15.4 treva to Simbazz, Easy single. (1)
15.5 treva to Gary123, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
15.6 treva to Gary123, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)

End of over 16
Dublin Destroyers 111/3 (RR : 6.94)
Gary123 33 (38b)
Simbazz 68 (53b)
treva 3-0-17-0

16.1 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
16.2 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, , No Ball. The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
16.2 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
16.3 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
16.4 Abhas Gupta to Gary123, That was a very good delivery. (0)
16.5 Abhas Gupta to Gary123, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
16.6 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)

End of over 17
Dublin Destroyers 124/3 (RR : 7.29)
Simbazz 79 (58b)
Gary123 34 (40b)
Abhas Gupta 4-1-35-0

17.1 treva to Gary123, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge, but the ball still finds legstump! Gone!

Gary123 b treva
Runs : 34 Balls : 41 S/R : 82.93

(0)
17.2 treva to Hooper, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
17.3 treva to Hooper, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
17.4 treva to Hooper, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
17.5 treva to Hooper, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
17.6 treva to Hooper, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)

End of over 18
Dublin Destroyers 130/4 (RR : 7.22)
Hooper 6 (5b)
Simbazz 79 (58b)
treva 4-0-23-1

18.1 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
18.2 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, No shot offered. (0)
18.3 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
18.4 Vince van der Biji to Simbazz, Full and on the toes, the batsman tries to flick it away but misses completely! Leg stump is out of the ground, back to the nets for him!

Simbazz b Vince van der Biji
Runs : 83 Balls : 62 S/R : 133.9

(0)
18.5 Vince van der Biji to Bart King, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
18.6 Vince van der Biji to Bart King, EDGED AND TAKEN! Safe pair of hands there behind the stumps, he doesn't drop many of those!

Bart King c treva b Vince van der Biji
Runs : 0 Balls : 2 S/R : 0

(0)

End of over 19
Dublin Destroyers 134/6 (RR : 7.05)
Biggy 0 (0b)
Hooper 6 (5b)
Vince van der Biji 4-0-25-3

19.1 Kapil Dev to Hooper, Inside edge, and gone! Great bowling, and some loose batting.

Hooper b Kapil Dev
Runs : 6 Balls : 6 S/R : 100

(0)
19.2 Kapil Dev to barmyarmy, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
19.3 Kapil Dev to Biggy, Full delivery outside off-stump, the batsman clears his left leg and swings, and cracks it up and over midwicket for six! Great shot, tremendous power! (6)
19.4 Kapil Dev to Biggy, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
19.5 Kapil Dev to Biggy, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
19.6 Kapil Dev to Biggy, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)

End of over 20
Dublin Destroyers 147/7 (RR : 7.35)
Biggy 12 (4b)
barmyarmy 1 (1b)
Kapil Dev 4-0-39-2

A hard-fought display from Dublin there against some excellent seam bowling from VV. The team of Treva, Abhas, Dev, Massie and Vince Van der Bijl were too hot to handle, and it took a scrappy, determined knock from Simbazz to take Dublin up to a respectable target. It's wasn't the prettiest innings, but definitely was one of the best we've seen this PCPL. Gary provided very able support at a time when wickets were collapsing, but unfortunately for DD the lower order couldn't capitalise on all this good work. Even so, 147 promises to be a testing target against Marshall and King. How the VV top order handles them could be the key to their success. Stay tuned!

I have to run now, so I'll return in a moment and do the formatting and fancy write up at the end.

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Forget the formatting, just post the second innings! :p

We leaked too many runs in the end I think. I did love this though -

Commentary said:
7.1 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
7.2 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
7.3 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
7.4 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
7.5 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
7.6 Abhas Gupta to Simbazz, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)

Gary123

School Cricketer
147 is a good score on this pitch.
I made a good score but was far too slow in scoring.:(
Go DD.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well done Gary123 and Simbazz. Hope that will be enough on this pitch.
@ biggy - why did you choose to bat first? :p

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Formatting and fancy write up done, second innings coming up...

ZoraxDoom added 11 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

0.1 Bart King to Kshitiz_Indian, And that's been caught, by a man in the crowd! Six Runs! (6)
0.2 Bart King to Kshitiz_Indian, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
0.3 Bart King to Kshitiz_Indian, Someone should really tell him what that bat is for. Rapped dead in front, the umpire has no hesistation.

Kshitiz_Indian lbw Bart King
Runs : 10 Balls : 3 S/R : 333.333

(0)
0.4 Bart King to gudduthemaster, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
0.5 Bart King to gudduthemaster, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
0.6 Bart King to Sohum, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)

End of over 1
Vatican Victors 16/1 (RR : 16) Required RR(6.89)
gudduthemaster 5 (2b)
Sohum 1 (1b)
Bart King 1-0-16-1

1.1 Malcolm Marshall to Sohum, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
1.2 Malcolm Marshall to Sohum, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
1.3 Malcolm Marshall to Sohum, Splendid shot for four! (4)
1.4 Malcolm Marshall to Sohum, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
1.5 Malcolm Marshall to Sohum, , No Ball. And it's a DLF Maxix...uhh...six runs! (6)
1.5 Malcolm Marshall to Sohum, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
1.6 Malcolm Marshall to gudduthemaster, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 2
Vatican Victors 32/1 (RR : 16) Required RR(6.39)
gudduthemaster 5 (3b)
Sohum 16 (7b)
Malcolm Marshall 1-0-16-0

2.1 Bart King to Sohum, Great bowling, catching the batsman off guard with the quicker ball. He's stuck in his crease, rapped on the pads, and thoroughly beaten.

Sohum lbw Bart King
Runs : 16 Balls : 8 S/R : 200

(0)
2.2 Bart King to blake, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
2.3 Bart King to blake, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

2.4 Bart King to blake, , No Ball. Splendid shot for four! (4)
2.4 Bart King to blake, One more to the total. (1)
2.5 Bart King to gudduthemaster, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
2.6 Bart King to gudduthemaster, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)

End of over 3
Vatican Victors 40/2 (RR : 13.3) Required RR(6.29)
gudduthemaster 7 (5b)
blake 5 (4b)
Bart King 2-0-24-2

3.1 Malcolm Marshall to blake, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
3.2 Malcolm Marshall to gudduthemaster, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
3.3 Malcolm Marshall to blake, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
3.4 Malcolm Marshall to gudduthemaster, No shot offered. (0)
3.5 Malcolm Marshall to gudduthemaster, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
3.6 Malcolm Marshall to blake, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)

End of over 4
Vatican Victors 45/2 (RR : 11.3) Required RR(6.38)
gudduthemaster 9 (8b)
blake 8 (7b)
Malcolm Marshall 2-0-21-0

4.1 Bart King to blake, , No Ball. out a no ball! (1)
4.1 Bart King to blake, One more to the total. (1)
4.2 Bart King to gudduthemaster, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
4.3 Bart King to gudduthemaster, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
4.4 Bart King to gudduthemaster, That was a very good delivery. (0)
4.5 Bart King to gudduthemaster, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
4.6 Bart King to gudduthemaster, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)

End of over 5
Vatican Victors 51/2 (RR : 10.2) Required RR(6.4)
blake 10 (9b)
gudduthemaster 12 (13b)
Bart King 3-0-30-2

5.1 Malcolm Marshall to gudduthemaster, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
5.2 Malcolm Marshall to gudduthemaster, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
5.3 Malcolm Marshall to blake, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
5.4 Malcolm Marshall to blake, That was a very good delivery. (0)
5.5 Malcolm Marshall to blake, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
5.6 Malcolm Marshall to blake, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)

End of over 6
Vatican Victors 61/2 (RR : 10.2) Required RR(6.14)
gudduthemaster 17 (15b)
blake 15 (13b)
Malcolm Marshall 3-0-31-0

6.1 barmyarmy to blake, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
6.2 barmyarmy to blake, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
6.3 barmyarmy to blake, That's a single. (1)
6.4 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
6.5 barmyarmy to blake, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
6.6 barmyarmy to blake, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)

End of over 7
Vatican Victors 67/2 (RR : 9.57) Required RR(6.15)
blake 20 (18b)
gudduthemaster 18 (16b)
barmyarmy 1-0-6-0

7.1 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
7.2 Hmarka to blake, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
7.3 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
7.4 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
7.5 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
7.6 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)

End of over 8
Vatican Victors 71/2 (RR : 8.88) Required RR(6.33)
gudduthemaster 21 (21b)
blake 21 (19b)
Hmarka 1-0-4-0

8.1 barmyarmy to blake, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
8.2 barmyarmy to blake, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
8.3 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
8.4 barmyarmy to blake, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
8.5 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, Splendid shot for four! (4)
8.6 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)

End of over 9
Vatican Victors 80/2 (RR : 8.89) Required RR(6.09)
gudduthemaster 28 (24b)
blake 23 (22b)
barmyarmy 2-0-15-0

9.1 Biggy to blake, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
9.2 Biggy to blake, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
9.3 Biggy to blake, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
9.4 Biggy to blake, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
9.5 Biggy to blake, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)

9.6 Biggy to blake, Gorgeous square drive, placed perfectly past point. There isn't a lot of power in the shot though, and third man cuts it off while the batsmen run hard for three. (3)

End of over 10
Vatican Victors 89/2 (RR : 8.9) Required RR(5.8)
gudduthemaster 28 (24b)
blake 32 (28b)
Biggy 1-0-9-0

10.1 Hmarka to blake, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
10.2 Hmarka to blake, That's a single. (1)
10.3 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
10.4 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
10.5 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
10.6 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 11
Vatican Victors 98/2 (RR : 8.91) Required RR(5.44)
gudduthemaster 32 (28b)
blake 37 (30b)
Hmarka 2-0-13-0

11.1 barmyarmy to blake, Good running, two runs. (2)
11.2 barmyarmy to blake, He didn't middle that, but there is enough power on it to get the batsmen three. (3)
11.3 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, , No Ball. That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
11.3 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
11.4 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, No shot offered. (0)
11.5 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
11.6 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)

End of over 12
Vatican Victors 110/2 (RR : 9.17) Required RR(4.63)
gudduthemaster 38 (33b)
blake 42 (32b)
barmyarmy 3-0-27-0

12.1 Hmarka to blake, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
12.2 Hmarka to blake, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
12.3 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
12.4 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
12.5 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
12.6 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)

End of over 13
Vatican Victors 118/2 (RR : 9.08) Required RR(4.14)
blake 45 (34b)
gudduthemaster 43 (37b)
Hmarka 3-0-21-0

13.1 Hooper to gudduthemaster, That was a very good delivery. (0)
13.2 Hooper to gudduthemaster, No shot offered. (0)
13.3 Hooper to gudduthemaster, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
13.4 Hooper to blake, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
13.5 Hooper to gudduthemaster, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
13.6 Hooper to gudduthemaster, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)

End of over 14
Vatican Victors 123/2 (RR : 8.79) Required RR(4)
blake 46 (35b)
gudduthemaster 47 (42b)
Hooper 1-0-5-0

14.1 Biggy to gudduthemaster, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
14.2 Biggy to blake, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
14.3 Biggy to blake, , No Ball. Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
14.3 Biggy to gudduthemaster, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
14.4 Biggy to gudduthemaster, That was a very good delivery. (0)
14.5 Biggy to gudduthemaster, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
14.6 Biggy to gudduthemaster, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)

End of over 15
Vatican Victors 131/2 (RR : 8.73) Required RR(3.2)
blake 47 (37b)
gudduthemaster 53 (47b)
Biggy 2-0-17-0

15.1 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, Great stop! Saved a run there he did! (3)
15.2 barmyarmy to blake, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
15.3 barmyarmy to blake, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
15.4 barmyarmy to blake, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
15.5 barmyarmy to gudduthemaster, Ahhh that's poor fielding. The batsman taps it away for a single, and the fielder fires in an over-eager throw well wide of the stumps. No one is backing up and some the batsmen run two more! The captain isn't happy! (3)
15.6 barmyarmy to blake, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)

End of over 16
Vatican Victors 142/2 (RR : 8.88) Required RR(1.25)
blake 52 (41b)
gudduthemaster 59 (49b)
barmyarmy 4-0-38-0

16.1 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
16.2 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
16.3 Hmarka to blake, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
16.4 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
16.5 Hmarka to blake, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
16.6 Hmarka to gudduthemaster, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)

End of over 17
Vatican Victors 146/2 (RR : 8.59) Required RR(0.333)
gudduthemaster 61 (53b)
blake 54 (43b)
Hmarka 4-0-25-0

17.1 Biggy to blake, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
17.2 Biggy to blake, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
17.3 Biggy to gudduthemaster, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 149
Wickets : 2
Overs : 17.3

And they've done it! Incredible effort! Faced with the daunting challenge of Marshall and King, the VV top order decide that the best defence is a good offence, and went all guns blazing from ball one. KI and Sohum's flying start saw Vatican reach 40 after 3 overs, and from there on the bowlers just lost their bite. Blake and Guddu were left with what was still a difficult runchase, and it wasn't easy, with edges flying through gaps, miscues, and several near runouts. But it just wasn't to be DD's day. The close calls went VVs way, their field changes didn't work, and Vatican managed to cross the line with 15 balls to spare.

Code:
Vatican Victors vs. Dublin Destroyers

Dublin Destroyers Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Simbazz                          b Vince van der Biji   83   62   9   1  133.9
Highlander999            c blake b Vince van der Biji    3    4   0   0     75
Offcutters                       b Vince van der Biji    2    2   0   0    100
Jack Hobbs                              lbw Kapil Dev    0    2   0   0      0
Gary123                                       b treva   34   41   1   1  82.93
Hooper                                    b Kapil Dev    6    6   1   0    100
Bart King                c treva b Vince van der Biji    0    2   0   0      0
Biggy                                         not out   12    4   1   1    300
barmyarmy                                     not out    1    1   0   0    100
Malcolm Marshall                                  dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Hmarka                                            dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 147                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 7.35

Extras : 6    No Balls : 4       Wides : 2    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vatican Victors Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Kapil Dev                            4.0           0      39           2   9.75
WORLD CHAMPIONS                      1.0           0      11           0     11
Vince van der Biji                   4.0           0      25           3   6.25
Bob Massie                           3.0           0      14           0   4.67
Abhas Gupta                          4.0           1      35           0   8.75
treva                                4.0           0      23           1   5.75

Total: 147                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 7.35

Extras : 6    No Balls : 4       Wides : 2    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vatican Victors Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Kshitiz_Indian                          lbw Bart King   10    3   1   1  333.3
Sohum                                   lbw Bart King   16    8   2   1    200
gudduthemaster                                not out   63   54   3   0  116.7
blake                                         not out   55   45   4   0  122.2
Kapil Dev                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
shan111                                           dnb    0    0   0   0      0
WORLD CHAMPIONS                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Vince van der Biji                                dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Bob Massie                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Abhas Gupta                                       dnb    0    0   0   0      0
treva                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 149                       Overs: 17.3                    Run Rate: 8.765

Extras : 5    No Balls : 5       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Dublin Destroyers Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Hooper                               1.0           0       5           0      5
Bart King                            3.0           0      30           2     10
Biggy                                2.3           0      20           0      8
barmyarmy                            4.0           0      38           0    9.5
Malcolm Marshall                     3.0           0      31           0  10.33
Hmarka                               4.0           0      25           0   6.25

Total: 149                       Overs: 17.3                    Run Rate: 8.765

Extras : 5    No Balls : 5       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Vatican Victors vs. Dublin Destroyers

Dublin Destroyers - 147/7 in 20.0 overs. 
Vatican Victors - 149/2 in 17.3 overs. 

Vatican Victors wins the match by 8 wickets

MOTM - Simbazz for his 82 - it may have been in a losing cause, but it's one of the best innings you'll see this PCPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread