Rugby World Cup 2011

30,000 more people will be in Dunedin over the world cup time, 15,000 English supporters! Towns gonna be nuts next weekend with the Argentina vs England game, aready seen lots of Argentinians around.

Now I'm going to the England Argentina match, lucky I'm not paying!

30,000 more people will be in Dunedin over the world cup time, 15,000 English supporters! Towns gonna be nuts next weekend with the Argentina vs England game, aready seen lots of Argentinians around.

Up here next Friday's going to be absolutely buzzing on the waterfront for the opening ceremony and the first match.

Up here next Friday's going to be absolutely buzzing on the waterfront for the opening ceremony and the first match.

I think I might head in to town that night

I'll be there just figuring out how what time to go as it sounds like traffic will be a nightmare.

Yea exactly. Thing is that my friends probably don't want to go for the whole thing, and you kinda have to if you want to get in. By town though I dunno if they mean clubbing or actually checking out the RWC stuff that's on.

Lol, I just got back from the official Australian team welcome at Aotea Square.

----------

They're expecting 50k on the waterfront on Friday night, as well as the 60k at the game.

All Blacks (vs the Kingdom of Tonga):

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Owen Franks
4. Brad Thorn
5. Ali Williams
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Richie McCaw - captain
8. Victor Vito
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Daniel Carter
11. Isaia Toeava
12. Sonny Bill Williams
13. Ma'a Nonu
14. Richard Kahui
15. Israel Dagg

Reserves:

16. Corey Flynn
17. Ben Franks
18. Anthony Boric
19. Sam Whitelock
20. Piri Weepu
21. Colin Slade
22. Cory Jane

Resting - Mealamu, Smith

Injured - Read, Thomson

Bench warming - Afoa, Ellis, Guildford, Muliaina

I assume they're just giving SBW and Kahui a run now for the sake of it, because presumable Nonu and Smith will occupy the midfield from the Japan match onwards.

In the 'A' team my back-line would be:

9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Daniel Carter
11. Israel Dagg
12. Conrad Smith
13. Ma'a Nonu
14. Cory Jane
15. Mills Muliaina

You have to have Mills in there imo.

Under 24 hours until kick-off now!

Also I've now got tickets to the England - Scotland game at Eden Park, I'm looking forward to seeing a 12 - 9 Northern Hemisphere kick-fest!

I think O'Connor's 1 week ban will be a blessing in disguise and I'm glad to see Deans going with the same back line. I much prefer Ashley-Cooper on the wing (and as a winger in general) and Faingaa at outside centre.

----------

Also I've now got tickets to the England - Scotland game at Eden Park, I'm looking forward to seeing a 12 - 9 Northern Hemisphere kick-fest!

I can't wait. Tigers v Dragons (NRL) then NZ v Tonga! Should be entertaining. I always love watching any of the islanders teams playing.

I really don't see us scoring as many as 9. Although Jo Ansbro did score our first try for about 3 years against Ireland recently.

So I went to the waterfront at 2.45 and there were heaps of people. Flagged Queens Wharf and went to the Viaduct. Couldn't see anything at all. Being short ftl >.> Could hear some stuff though. Then the waka people came and walked along Quay St except it was hard for them to move since no one had really roped anything off.

Got kinda bored there cos there wasn't much to do so we went to Cassette and got some teapots. Went back down to try and watch the Opening Ceremony around 7. By this time there were masses of people everywhere. The whole of Quay St was full, literally, and Queen St was pretty packed. Had to push your way to get anywhere. Was pretty claustrophobic really. Then I lost some people so I wandered around for ages getting squished looking for them.

When I found them I watched the first half out in the street with everyone else. Most people were moving away from the screens at this point for some reason :/ Meant there was room to move though. Then I went and found some other friends who were at some random Thai restaurant and the game was on there too. So I got a beer and watched it with them. I hadn't had dinner at this point so the alcohol was starting to build up a bit...

But yea. Then I got bored of standing around doing nothing and I went home. Heaps of mess everywhere. Wouldn't want to be one of the ones cleaning it all up.

Public transport was pretty terrible as well. I was pretty lucky that I was the only one at my bus stop and the bus had to stop at my stop to let someone off. Otherwise I would have waited for hours as all the buses would go by full. And apparently the trains were worse.

My 2cents from a Viaduct perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread