Run Out Poll

Would you prefer no run outs, or run outs as they are now

• Total voters

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Simple poll, if you had to choose between the run outs as they are now, or no run outs at all, which would you prefer?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, it does get me the breakthrough wickets I need so I'm in the middle. But if you had none at all then their wouldn't be any satisfaction with a wicket you might sorely need. So I'd rather leave them in as they are now.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah fair enough, i threw in the third option just for balance. Ideally everyone wants option 3, but i feel that is unlikely, hope I'm wrong.

rockymazza

School Cricketer
If a patch can't be sorted out for the run outs then I would say 'no run outs' against the CPU. Just like the old Brian Lara games where run outs where near impossible.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No runouts.. In test cricket they account for about 1% of all dismissals.. not 30%

Chrystovski

School Cricketer
Are we sure it will even be in the final game? I don't remember the planetcricket guys who tested the game mentioning it?

P

pcfan123

It could just be a bug because of the 3 over match

dont think so, I played unlimited overs and have 4 run outs in one innings. However the PC playtests mentioned nothing of this bug. From what I have gathered the play test build was newer than the demo. They might have already taken the bugs out. Codies has not done themselves any favors with how they have handled this game and yet it has surpassed all my expectations. I think the final product can only get better from here .

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I say take them all out.

I'd rather the bowlers share 10 wickets then have run outs.

I hate run outs in games.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
dont think so, I played unlimited overs and have 4 run outs in one innings. However the PC playtests mentioned nothing of this bug. From what I have gathered the play test build was newer than the demo. They might have already taken the bugs out. Codies has not done themselves any favors with how they have handled this game and yet it has surpassed all my expectations. I think the final product can only get better from here .

True, but the demo still thinks it's three overs, so the AI's running could still be affected.

Are we sure it will even be in the final game? I don't remember the planetcricket guys who tested the game mentioning it?

Good point. @Playtesters, could you confirm whether you saw this issue in the build you played?

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

I say take them all out.

I'd rather the bowlers share 10 wickets then have run outs.

I hate run outs in games.

If option three was definitely never going to happen, I'd rather no run outs at all.

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
I always liked the idea of having rule options in the game.. In BLC'96 on Sega, you could turn off LBW's.
Although I didn't use it much but it's always a nice feature to set your own rules if a patch is not that easily available/supplied/created ..

FaWaD added 9 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

I would love to believe in the fact that it has been addressed but I really doubt it.. The playtesters didn't get to play the game for that long, especially against the AI.. These runouts sometimes are moody and don't take place at all.. I played the game the other day with a friend and explained the bug of AI running itself out but for some reason the occurrence never happened.. The major bug of a new runout situation took place in a co-op game where the implementation of running your player works fine but doesn't do justice when you don't run at all and given out every time your partner leaves his crease..

Secondly, going with Codies record, they can easily let this bug slip.. Remember playing against India in BLC'07, a spinner would start the spell because of having the highest rating.. That bug should have been seen the first time anyone played or tested the game.. Now either they overlooked it or their testing was just not good enough..

Note that I am not against Codies but at the same time I don't want to have very high expectations of what is fixed and what is not.. In the end, I am pretty happy with the game they have just produced.. It's way better than any of the recent games by any publisher.. We might have to adjust our playing habits in order to enjoy the game till its next installment..

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^I totally agree. No Run out is not a solution. Transmission and codies must sort it out

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread