Story Scotland's World Cup 2007 (Cricket 07)

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lee has started to rip the top orders :) great story and presentation mate :clap

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I'm going away tommorow for a week so I wont be able to update for a while. Will try to bat the next 15 overs before I go though ;)

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Spoobir said:
I'm going away tommorow for a week so I wont be able to update for a while. Will try to bat the next 15 overs before I go though ;)

Come soon Spoo , we will miss u and this story :p

Spoobir

Just to let you know that I am back. Sorry I wasn't able to update before I left but will try to soon.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Spoobir said:
Just to let you know that I am back. Sorry I wasn't able to update before I left but will try to soon.

Welocme back Spoo :happy we missed u mate and ur lovely story :D

Spoobir

First of all I'd like to apologise for not updating sooner, only I've been very busy lately. OK well here is the next 15 overs.

Overs 11-25

After the loss of two quick wickets to Brett Lee. The two men at the crease take guard and score only a few runs over the next couple of overs.

dotsup3.jpg

With the Scots on the defensive Ponting decides a change in bowling is in order. Stuart Clarke is brought into the attack. With his fourth ball of the match he bowls a wide one outside off-stump tempting Watson to drive, but he misstimes it and the ball goes straight to Lee in the covers.

watwickkc5.jpg

Watson will be dissapointed as he was going well

Hamilton and Haq try to take the attack to the bowlers and up the run-rate slightly.

foursoc8.jpg

This up in the tempo did not last long when Lee struck again. His pace was too much for Haq and all he could do was chip it to Watson and watch as an easy catch was taken.

haqwickmt4.jpg

Watson is delighted

New man Brown looks dangerous, so Ponting again changes the bowling. This time he turns to spinner Hogg. In Hogg's first over, Hamilton completely miss-judges the spin and is trapped plump LBW!

lbwbp5.jpg

An easy decision for the umpire.

Half way through Scotland's innings, some brilliant bowling by Lee and outstanding captaincy by Ponting leaves the Scots at 89/5 needing a run-rate of 8.16 per over.

scorecardub0.jpg

The Scots have been outdone by spin and pace

bowlersuq8.jpg

A fantastic spell by Lee

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Loving this story i like the minnow idea keep up the awesome work

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
89/5 is expected when you play a quality side... But Scotties should have clearly in their mind that " we are going to play full 50 overs whatever the target may be " :p

Btw, great presentation mate :clap

Spoobir

Overs 26-39

Brown started off the next few overs well with a big six.

sixxy4.jpg

Unfortunately his attacking style didn't pay off and while trying to sweep a delivery from Hogg, he caught a top edge leaving the ball to fly high in the air for an easy catch.

brownwickjh9.jpg

Things did not get any better for the batsmen when Smith went to Jaques in the very next over.

smithwickrq3.jpg

With Australia now into the tail it seemed as though it would not be long until the match was wrapped up, but captain Wright and bowler Nel put on a much needed partnership hitting numerous boundaries

attackmt9.jpg

Good attacking play by Wright and Nel.

It was during this onslaught when Ponting made his final bowling change, throwing the ball to Watson for his second spell. He managed to contain the batsmen until his fourth over when he dispatched Wright 2 runs short of the 50 partnership, and then Hoffman on the very next ball!

wicketsoq7.jpg

The 10th wicket partnership put on 10 runs before Blain was bowled by a perfect yorker which sent his off-stump flying, Watson had finally cleaned up the tail!

bowledka7.jpg

Sorry, I lost my scorecard.jpg :crying but here are Scotland's top scorers:

D.Brown:34

C.Wright:30

D.Nel:26*

R.Watson:16

Scotland all out for 169 after 39 overs

bowlersfs7.jpg

Watson did a good job clearing up the tail!

wormev3.jpg

This shows Scotland would have got around 220 had they batted their full 50 overs

Last edited:

Spoobir

Oh my God! I defy anyone to look at this table and tell me that EA knows how to make a cricket game!

tableyo9.jpg

Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Scotland off to a bad bad start. Hahaha Netherlands have won 2 outta 2 matches. :p

Spoobir

Sorry guys for not updating for ages but my life has been pretty hectic. However it's now time for the next match!

SCOTLAND VS SOUTH AFRICA

Scotland:
1)F.Watts
2)C.Wright (C)
3)R.Watson
4)G.Hamilton
5)N.McCallum
6)D.Brown
7)C.Smith (WK)
8)M.Haq
9)P.Hoffman
10)D.Nel
11)J.Blain

South Africa:
1)A.De Villiers
2)G.Smith
3)J.Kallis
4)H.Gibbs
5)A.Prince
6)J.Rudolf
7)M.Boucher
8)S.Pollock
9)R.Peterson
10)C.Langerveldt
11)A.Nel

Pitch: Normal
Overhead: Sunny
Temperature: Humid​

SOUTH AFRICA won the toss and elected to bat.​

OVERS 1-10

South Africa get off to a flyer with both Smith and De Villiers scoring quickly.

boundariesdf0.jpg

Boundaries all round!

Smith really takes the bowlers on hitting a huge six!

sixop5.jpg

Up go the umpire's arms.

Smith goes again. This time hitting it right back over Hoffman's head.

overol8.jpg

Hoffman got his revenge the very next ball when Smith tried to hit one too many. He misstimes a big one and is caught easily at mid-off by Hamilton

smithwicmc1.jpg

South Africa look to be in a commanding position at 49/1 after 10 overs. Smith will be angry with himself for throwing his wicket away after a good start, but his team should be able to rack up a big total.

scorecardnk4.jpg

bowlersyu5.jpg

Hoffman got the danger man Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread