Semifinals and Final

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Meh, I can just picture Pakistan winning at the end of the day.

That Tanvir is a very awkward customor & Mohammad Asif always succeeds against India aswell.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yousuf Pathan in for Virender Sehwag? Thats a stunner. Did Dhoni actually say that?

We are playing 6 bowlers today. But we have three all rounders in Irfan, Joginder and Yousuf Pathan. Wow! Didnt expect that from Dhoni. That could be a super move. The wicket will be a run fest, and having 6 bowlers could work to an advantage for Dhoni.

I cant believe this decision. I feel Dhoni is going to come off with appreciation for this decision. My gut feeling!

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
As an Australian it's cringing to watch the prematch dance on the ground. They should be Australian flags. :(

Eh, give a chance once to us, the subcontinental nations, man. You might have seen it with Aussie flags for a consecutive three times or four times in a row (considering Australia won last three consecutive WC's and were in the final of '96).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Yousuf Pathan opening? What is happening here?

He has hit a big six off Asif and India are 13/0 after the first over. Great start! Keep going!

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
If India win this match you could argue that it's unfair that the team that won the competition was the only team who wasn't willing to give away their favourite shot!

prarara

International Cricketer
If India win this match you could argue that it's unfair that the team that won the competition was the only team who wasn't willing to give away their favourite shot!

I don't get that could you elaborate? Dhoni and Yuvi gone, a bit of bother here for India.

I'm glad that both Indian and Pakistani fans are respecting each other for this match!

Gambhir out now on 75. I think we'll make 140-160 now.

Last edited:

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
This is bad not enough on the board for us. Just 2 overs left, we need atleast 25 runs to make it competetive. The bowlers will need to be on the target we can't afford any crap.

prarara

International Cricketer
We'll win the match if we score a boundary off the last ball.

19.6 Tanvir to Rohit Sharma, 2 runs, Rohit Sharma comes down the track, takes it on the full and chips it to long on, he doesnt get hold of it as the ball goes one bounce to the fielder there

Hmmm....looks interesting; well lets see.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
We'll win the match if we score a boundary off the last ball.

19.6 Tanvir to Rohit Sharma, 2 runs, Rohit Sharma comes down the track, takes it on the full and chips it to long on, he doesnt get hold of it as the ball goes one bounce to the fielder there

Hmmm....looks interesting; well lets see.

Dont say that man. We have 157 on the board. If the bowlers can do as well as the Pakistani bowlers did, we still have a chance. But full credit to the Pakistani bowlers and their captain. He looks one hell of a future prospect.

Time for the bowlers and fielders to really do something here for India. The total is not at all enough, and we need some really good stuff from our bowlers to win this final. But its not impossible. At this point, I would say logically, its 60-40 in favor of Pakistan.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Not enough.

Absolutely. Yuvraj's failure made things very tough for us. I was saying to myself that he was due for a failure, and as he was spending more time in the middle, I thought he might open up big. But he failed eventually. I think India found it tough to adjust to the different pitch and different ground. No excuses though. We got to try and win this!

The important guys are going to be Shoaib Malik, Misbah Ul Haq. A proper batsman can do really well here. When they tried to slog, it didnt work well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread