Sir Bradley Haddin vs Matthew Prior MBE

Whos the best from the two?

• Total voters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Whatever.

We will see whos better at the end of their careers I guess. I'm tipping Prior's shouldn't be too long. English keepers are always shite, well apart from Stewart (I'm talking recent years. I know that Alan Knott dude but never saw him play).
That's not right, we actually have an abundance of very good keepers and we just can't decide who to stick with.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Your mind will be changed when Craig Kieswetter gets called up. He's awesome.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's not right, we actually have an abundance of very good keepers and we just can't decide who to stick with.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHAAHAA.

Your always good comedy value.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
How do you call Haddin 'Sir' ? In just 1-2 years you cant call anybody 'Sir'....He is a good player,but sorry 'Sir' is too much...

irottev

School Cricketer
Look, I've got no reason to defend Haddin, I just don't think he's a cheat for an isolated incident that happened months ago. You still don't like Collingwood for sending Elliot on his way last June I believe.

I don't mind Collingwood. He's not one of my favorite players, but I don't dislike him particularly. He made a mistake, he admitted afterward it was wrong and hasn't done anything like it since. Haddin on the other hand won't admit he has a problem. His keeping technique is bad and he obviously ignores it because they showed on replay him still doing it in an ashes test (possibly the first) Good batsman, crap keeper, crap guy. This is probably moving more towards the players you hate thread but oh well. I like Prior more. He's a lesser batsman slightly but a better keeper so i'd take him over Haddin. Plus he seems like a better dude.

Owzat

International Coach
It's far from rubbish TBH

If Prior's batting was "rubbish" then he wouldn't be in the side! :facepalm

MJ PRIOR

vs Australia : 180 runs @ 36.00 (2x50)
vs India : 161 runs @ 23.00 (1x50)
vs Sri Lanka : 165 runs @ 41.25 (2x50)
vs West Indies : 739 runs @ 67.18 (5x50, 2x100)

So he averages well against everyone bar India and 31.63 against the better sides of the four. ie excluding Windies. I'd take that from a keeper, you'd have to be a Stewart, Flower, Sangakkara or Gilchrist to average much more (consistently over a long career)

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
He did perform admirably in his away tour of India though, averaged in the 40's I believe in the 2 Tests. Certainly did better than Haddin did in India, in the Windies as well.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If Prior's batting was "rubbish" then he wouldn't be in the side! :facepalm

MJ PRIOR

vs Australia : 180 runs @ 36.00 (2x50)
vs India : 161 runs @ 23.00 (1x50)
vs Sri Lanka : 165 runs @ 41.25 (2x50)
vs West Indies : 739 runs @ 67.18 (5x50, 2x100)

So he averages well against everyone bar India and 31.63 against the better sides of the four. ie excluding Windies. I'd take that from a keeper, you'd have to be a Stewart, Flower, Sangakkara or Gilchrist to average much more (consistently over a long career)

Yeah, thats why I said his batting is far from rubbish.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Don't be delusional. And I said slightly.
Prior's more capable of playing a Gilchrist type innings. For the first time in god knows how many years I rather the England wicketkeeper to the Australian.

Sureshot

Executive member
Don't be delusional. And I said slightly.

Why am I being delusional? I've seen him play more FC innings than most on here. I also know of his workload in improving his game, both with bat and gloves over the past 12 months. Haddin is good, but I don't think either is a lesser batsman. I couldn't pick between them. Both are very good in their roles, and have had varying successes over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread