Sir Bradley Haddin vs Matthew Prior MBE

Whos the best from the two?

• Total voters

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Prior > Haddin. Has proved in this series that he's better with the gloves, and although Haddin's made a couple of scores, this is the first time he's done anything of genuine worth outside Australia with the bat. Prior's had 1 bad series with the bat, in 07 at home against India, Haddin's had 1 good series, and that was a very short one against New Zealand before this series. His hundred at Cardiff was hardly a brilliant knock either, the pitch was as flat as a road, and by the time he came in at 5-474 England had all but given up.

Prior has not proved he is better with the gloves. Haddin has kept better than this for Australia in the past. He has had one bad series with the gloves, Prior has had several.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Prior's not had several bad series, he's had several bad matches, probably 3/4 at most. Haddin has kept better than this, but he's not much better than Prior, if at all, they're pretty evenly matched in terms of keeping, but given Prior's far superior performances in this series, I give the edge to Prior. I'd also take Prior the batsman ahead of Haddin the batsman as well, but that's probably because I love watching him bat so much.

Sureshot

Executive member
interesting focus on Prior's technique change, it seems to be doing the trick for him. I think he's done well in this series and is on his way to cementing his spot as our Test keeper.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
interesting focus on Prior's technique change, it seems to be doing the trick for him. I think he's done well in this series and is on his way to cementing his spot as our Test keeper.

I think his keeping has improved with this technique change of his. He looks more set. His catch the other day was amazing, glad he went with two hands and then got it with his right.

Personally, I think Haddin is the lesser player. I think Prior has the ability to remain averaging in the 40's, whereas Haddin won't, I think if Gilchrist hadn't been around Haddin would be a better player but so would have Stu MacGill.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ehh, I'm out of here. KP, your just so in love with England players. I don't think you have ever praised a player from another team.

At least I can admit that I like some greasy Poms, like Collingwood and umm..

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
LMAO. You haven't read many of my posts have you? Not noticed the praise I've given to Michael Clarke? I rate Clarke incredibly highly, and also rate Ponting, Katich, Hussey, Johnson and Hilfenhaus highly as well, and that's just in the Australian team. If I don't rate a player I don't rate a player, doesn't matter where he comes from.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
LMAO. You haven't read many of my posts have you? Not noticed the praise I've given to Michael Clarke? I rate Clarke incredibly highly, and also rate Ponting, Katich, Hussey, Johnson and Hilfenhaus highly as well, and that's just in the Australian team. If I don't rate a player I don't rate a player, doesn't matter where he comes from.
I've seen one Clarke love post.

You just said in the base player thread that you basically hate Katich

No one who was born outside Australian land likes Ponting, your lying.

You only love Hussey because you know its a wicket.

Johnson is loved because he is shite at the moment.

Hilfenhaus...Well uhh, your just not cool if you like Hilfy. Come on...Hilfy? He has a crap name.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I've definitely praised Clarke on more than 1 occassion.

I hate Katich's technique and his style. I cannot stand watching him bat, he's uglier to watch than Paul Collingwood, but I rate him as a batsman. He makes and has made big runs for Australia since coming back into the side as an opener.

I didn't say I like Ponting, I said I rate him very highly. He's the 2nd greatest batsman of the modern era (after Tendulkar). I don't need to like him to rate him.

I rate Hussey because of his past achievements, and his style. He's just having a bad patch.

I rate Johnson because when he's on form he is one of the top 2 or 3 bowlers in World Cricket. He was simply superb against South Africa.

I rate Hilfenhaus from what I've seen in this series. Didn't really rate him prior to the series, but he's impressed me. Has good control, gets some good swing and picks up wickets. Has been the 2nd best bowler in the series after Sir Jimmy.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Haddin. Is. Not. A. Cheater.
Colin is the only person I know who sends sneaky messages through reps. :p

I presume you are talking about the Neil Broom incident in February, irrotev. If so, the ball would have hit the stumps anyway.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Haddin 'cause he's Australian means he has to be good at batting. Keeping wise well normally I'd say Prior was a bit too sloppy but he's done pretty well in the ashes so far

Mercules

Club Cricketer
The thing with Prior is that he may not score big but he contributes more often than not, and he scores quick. His 61 at Lord's was invaluable in handing us the impetus.

irottev

School Cricketer
the ball would have hit the stumps anyway.

You and Haddin can keep telling yourselves that. If you go to youtube and look at the footage again you'll notice the tips of his gloves are above the stumps. The ball is already over the stumps bails when he takes it and hits the bails off. You see it go above the bails and into his gloves. Maybe you're just blind. That wouldn't have bowled him without help. You could tell Haddin knew something was up when he was celebrating. He's a liar and a cheat.

And as for bringing this up again, you're to blame for starting it. All I did was call Haddin a cheat for having his gloves in front on the stumps on many an occasion. You brought up this wicket debate again.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Haddin's got a massively twattable smug face. If he was playing for any other country he'd be regarded as an average player which he is. Slightly above average at best. So Prior for me. Prior keeps within the laws of the game too.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You and Haddin can keep telling yourselves that. If you go to youtube and look at the footage again you'll notice the tips of his gloves are above the stumps. The ball is already over the stumps bails when he takes it and hits the bails off. You see it go above the bails and into his gloves. Maybe you're just blind. That wouldn't have bowled him without help. You could tell Haddin knew something was up when he was celebrating. He's a liar and a cheat.

And as for bringing this up again, you're to blame for starting it. All I did was call Haddin a cheat for having his gloves in front on the stumps on many an occasion. You brought up this wicket debate again.
Look, I've got no reason to defend Haddin, I just don't think he's a cheat for an isolated incident that happened months ago. You still don't like Collingwood for sending Elliot on his way last June I believe.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Whatever.

We will see whos better at the end of their careers I guess. I'm tipping Prior's shouldn't be too long. English keepers are always shite, well apart from Stewart (I'm talking recent years. I know that Alan Knott dude but never saw him play).

Users who are viewing this thread