Sir Bradley Haddin vs Matthew Prior MBE

Whos the best from the two?

• Total voters

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Who do you rate higher? skater and I were just talking trash on MSN when he came out with this wild claim that he thinks Prior is just a good a batsman as our very own Sir Brad Haddin.

What do you think? I think Lee is delusional.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Woah, you don't hang around do you.

Haddin's nothing special.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Simple, Brad Haddin

Better One Day batsmen and slightly better test batsmen.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Haddin certainly "helps" his bowlers more when keeping. Batting-wise I don't think there's much to pick between them.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Keeping- Prior,

Batting- Haddin definetly, Prior's batting is rubbish from what I seen(apart from the 60 he made in the 2nd tets match)

Last edited:

jordox

International Cricketer
Keeping wise they are close enough.

Haddin is a miles better batsman though. They aren't even close in the batting department for me.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Obviously I hate using stats as we know how misleading they are but Prior has a better average, the same number of 100s and way more 50s and a better S/R from basically the same number of innings.

|innings|average|100s|50s|S/R
Prior|32|46.3|2|10|63.8
Haddin|29|41.8|2|3|56.1

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Obviously I hate using stats as we know how misleading they are but Prior has a better average, the same number of 100s and more 50s from basically the same number of innings.

Prior's scored most of his runs against the West Indies has he not, plus if we are talking about One Day cricket well then Haddin's miles in front.

karnog

International Cricketer
Lol i thought you were referring to keeping skills hence i picked "shite". If we're incorporating batting Haddin is more agressive and more entertaining to watch. Both are techinically correct players but are a tad flashy. So as good as each other.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Prior's scored most of his runs against the West Indies has he not, plus if we are talking about One Day cricket well then Haddin's miles in front.

Interestingly both made their debut against the West Indies (Prior scoring a century and averaging 50s. Haddin failing to get a 50 and averaging 20s)
ODI cricket - who cares anyway?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Interestingly both made their debut against the West Indies (Prior scoring a century and averaging 50s. Haddin failing to get a 50 and averaging 20s)
ODI cricket - who cares anyway?

Prior's made 739 of his test career runs against the Windies though, his next highest is 165 against Sri Lanka. He will have to play against a few more teams and score runs against them before he proves he is a better batsmen then Haddin I feel.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I agree that Prior still has to prove himself but on that basis so does Haddin. His HS is against New Zealand and his average was around 30 playing in India and South Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread